Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Sterling Sports Auctions Experience (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=239964)

botn 05-19-2017 06:09 PM

Sterling Sports Auctions Experience

I hope this does not come off like a paid endorsement but I have consigned cards with several different auction houses over the many years I have been in the hobby. This post is not intended to be show dissatisfaction with those unnamed houses but to give credit to one who has really stood out to me as being exceptional and that is Sterling.

Not sure how many of you have consigned with Lee but he is one of the most honest and genuine guys in the hobby. Consistently he has been able to get me solid numbers for my consignments, he pays quickly and he is so easy to work with. Consignments don't have to be there months in advance, the write ups are simple and straightforward and the images speak for themselves. And you can't beat the frequency of an auction a month. In each of his last 6 or 7 auctions the results were better than I had expected overall.

Anyone who knows me will tell you that I agonize over the process of making a consignment. Lee has made that choice for me much easier by consistently delivering solid results. A huge thanks to Lee and all of his devoted bidders.

Greg

Stonepony 05-19-2017 08:29 PM

Its great to here positive experiences!

sreader3 05-19-2017 10:03 PM

Lee/Sterling has always been one of the best (if not the best) from a buyer's perspective--accepts paypal, reasonable shipping, sends cards immediately. If he can make consigners happy too he must be doing something right.

Leon 05-20-2017 06:01 AM

Obviously Sterling advertises here so I am biased but I have consigned and bought from Sterling/Lee on many occasions and have always had great service . Never a complaint. A few of the bigger auction houses could take lessons on customer service from Sterling.

bbsports 05-20-2017 06:24 AM

Lee at Sterling Auctions had to fill big shoes once Bryan Dwyer went over to REA & has done a great job. What I like most about Lee is his communication with customers. He returns phone calls immediately & has a great personality with his customers, if your bidding or consigning.

glynparson 05-20-2017 06:53 AM

I will add

My endorsement of sterling as both consignor and buyer I have been very happy with the service I have received.

Exhibitman 05-20-2017 07:22 AM

Ditto
Add that Lee is the quickest shipper ever. I paid for my win via PayPal the day after the close and got an emailed delivery tracking # within a few hours.

bobbyw8469 05-20-2017 07:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leon (Post 1662977)
Obviously Sterling advertises here so I am biased but I have consigned and bought from Sterling/Lee on many occasions and have always had great service . Never a complaint. A few of the bigger auction houses could take lessons on customer service from Sterling.

Agreed...sometimes the smaller guy has it going on.

Kingcobb 05-20-2017 07:42 AM

Sterling

Sterling Auctions is the best never a issue and are easy to deal with. Thanks Lee for a great auction experience.

pawpawdiv9 05-20-2017 07:51 AM

+++100000000
I have consigned 2x's with Sterling/Lee.
Does a wonderful job!!!!

PiratesWS1979 05-20-2017 09:22 AM

Lee is and runs one class auction house. I never participated in an auction before but after reading the positive words, I had to check it out. Unfortunately I missed the auction last night but there was an unsold item I was interested in. Called Lee up and within 30 minutes was registered and paid for the item.

Thanks Lee!!

Kawika 05-20-2017 10:34 AM

I have both bought cards from and consigned cards to Lee's auction. The experience in each case has been super and you don't get any of that uppity froo-fraw like you do from some of the self-styled masters of the universe rectal-cranial inverted AHs. Lee is just plain old Lee. The Dude abides.

HawkFan70 05-20-2017 10:36 AM

I registered to bid in the future after these great reviews.

Thanks, guys!

GoudeyGum 05-20-2017 10:50 AM

+1 to everything above. I have purchased and consigned with Sterling, and plan to do so in the future as well.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

ullmandds 05-20-2017 11:43 AM

Yup...Lee is a good guy and my friend. I've consigned and purchased many times... and sometimes with my consignment check I even get front row Yankee Twins tickets!!!

lharri3600 05-20-2017 12:40 PM

Thumbs up

T205 GB 05-20-2017 01:08 PM

I have both consigned and bought from Sterling before and during Lee. Always a great transaction

dstudeba 05-21-2017 03:20 PM

I didn't give much hope to Sterling without Brian, but Lee has done a great job with Sterling, growing it to what it is now. Very happy for Lee's success, and always enjoy talking to him.

Jay Wolt 05-21-2017 03:41 PM

Add me to the list that likes Lee & his auctions
I consign & bid all the time.....and never had an issue!

Rich Klein 05-21-2017 06:51 PM

Lee is top notch in everyone's book -- and mine too :)

Rich

ValKehl 05-21-2017 10:55 PM

+1 to what everyone else has said!

OldEnglishD 05-22-2017 06:13 AM

+1 from me too.

Sterling has gotten more business from me than any other AH.

Michael Peich 05-22-2017 06:35 AM

Lee is a wonderfully honest guy, heads a first-rate AH, and is one of the nicest guys in this hobby of ours. I've consigned and bought from him, and every time it was a pleasure. As David said, the dude abides!

Cheers, Mike

tothrk 05-22-2017 09:58 AM

Honest & Trustworthy

I haven't been actively collecting for close to a couple years because I got sidetracked with other projects. Before I lost my way, I consigned to Lee as well as bid in his auctions. One auction, I consigned about 75 T206 cards. Mostly hof and southern leaguers all graded by SGC. Somehow, one card got lost in the shuffle probably because I always sent in my consignments at the last second. I didn't even realize it until Lee told me a couple months later that the lost card would be auctioned off in his next auction. Many others may have kept the card or just waited to see if I ever figured it out. He runs a top notch auction and more importantly, he is a top notch human. I will continue to do business with Sterling as long as Lee is running the show.

sam majors 05-22-2017 11:58 AM

Winning items received!

Auction ended 5/19. Received my winnings today, 5/22! Enough said!

albrshbr 05-22-2017 06:11 PM

I received my winnings today also.

Sterling Sports Auctions 05-23-2017 09:30 AM

Thanks to all for all the kind words, much appreciated.

I knew this would be tough to start with filling Brian Dwyer's shoes, who is a top notch guy. The main theory I have in running Sterling is to treat my clients the way I want want to be treated and to keep the Auction reasonable on all ends.

Plus, I don't want to get a "real" job again. :-) I have a job in a hobby I love, what more could I ask for!

I always am available if you have any questions about the auction process whether buying or selling.

Thanks Again,

Lee Behrens
Sterling Sports Auctions

Den*nis O*Brien 05-23-2017 06:06 PM

Top Notch....

.......Everything at Sterling!! A very comfortable AH to get involved with. And I stayed in his grandad's motel in 1962...and it was top notch also!!!!

Vintagecatcher 05-24-2017 12:51 AM

Only auction house I have ever consigned with...

Sterling Auction is the only auction company I have ever consigned with....for one reason...Lee. Also purchased many items for my collection from Lee at Sterling Auctions.

Continued success!

Patrick