Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Ed Kranepool sues Beckett/Goodwin (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=257287)

ls7plus 07-10-2018 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CW (Post 1793790)
When you consigned items to Bill, did you have to sign any type of contract? Was anything put in writing on any or all of those occasions? Just curious.

Yes. There was a written agreement and all items consigned were specifically noted. The last time was more than a decade ago, however.

Regards,

Larry

CW 07-10-2018 05:47 PM

Thanks, all. It will be interesting to see how all this pans out.

oldjudge 07-10-2018 05:49 PM

Just because Bill got other items from Kranepool does not mean he got the Mantle jersey.

btcarfagno 07-10-2018 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oldjudge (Post 1793829)
Just because Bill got other items from Kranepool does not mean he got the Mantle jersey.

Shoots my hypothesis dead as a doornail however. Will be interesting to see what transpires.

With regard to who would take something like that as it would have no value, this is the first I am hearing about it. I assume whomever did this had over a year to stick someone with the thing. Also, anything of value will always have a black market. Some people simply want to possess things and value is no object. Look at Yogi Berras World Series rings. The next day that made national news. All valuewas gone at that point. But I don't think they have turned up again (though I could be mistaken).

Tom C

Peter_Spaeth 07-10-2018 06:33 PM

So what the hell happened here?

Bill Goodwin just stealing a jersey in broad daylight from Ed Kranepool doesn't seem very likely to me.

Ed Kranepool just making up a story that Bill Goodwin took his jersey doesn't seem very likely either.

nolemmings 07-10-2018 06:43 PM

Again, the alleged text from Goodwin saying the jersey passed authentication is pretty probative if true. I would venture someone saved that text, and if the phone number matches up.......

Peter_Spaeth 07-10-2018 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nolemmings (Post 1793847)
Again, the alleged text from Goodwin saying the jersey passed authentication is pretty probative if true. I would venture someone saved that text, and if the phone number matches up.......

So Goodwin takes the jersey, authenticates it, tells Lader, then pulls a 180 and says he never had it?

nolemmings 07-10-2018 08:04 PM

I don't know. But the Defendant's lawyer or spokesman lawyer in the article claims that Goodwin/Beckett never took possession. I suppose it's possible someone else was responsible for it getting it to the authenticator and it never touched Goodwin's/Beckett's hands, but it seems to me that the AH would want to use its own expert to authenticate and would make arrangements. Why is Goodwin telling Kranepool or his agent that the jersey passed authentication--assuming the text exists and is attributed to Goodwin?

ramram 07-10-2018 08:34 PM

If Ed’s anything like me, he’ll find it in another year or two hanging in the closet under that winter coat that I don’t wear anymore.

Mea Culpa.

Rob M.

111gecko 07-10-2018 08:49 PM

Goodwin

Quote:

Originally Posted by nolemmings (Post 1793847)

If this is true, someone had to submit the jersey for authentication. What company authenticated it? It is recent so they should have the paperwork signed by the submitter...

Scott Garner 07-11-2018 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leon (Post 1793438)
Was Goodwin wearing a turban?

That's AWESOME!!! :D:D:D

Scott Garner 07-11-2018 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scocs (Post 1793676)
why would anyone want spencer lader as his business partner?

+100

Fred 07-11-2018 07:23 PM

I'm thoroughly confused here.

Does Goodwin have a Mantle jersey coming up for auction or one that was sold at auction recently? If so, there has to be pictures of it and if Ed has pictures of it then that could make his case but when you think about it, why would Bill do something like that, it's bad for business.... please don't say there's a half a million reasons because I'm sure he's auctioned off well more than that in the past and will continue to do so with his good reputation.

This is soooooo confusing....