Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Conundrum!!! (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=151416)

Pup6913 05-20-2012 03:02 PM

Conundrum!!!

I got up this morning and got ready for work as normal. Was on my way to the cities when the GF calls and asked me where I was. "I am on my way in to work why?" Thinking maybe her brother whom broke his leg the day before was having issues and needed help or a favor. She asked why I was not on my way down for church and she wasn't aware I had work on Sunday. Hell me neither. So I rushed back home changed and showed up gracefully late for church. I thought yesterday was Sunday because when I set my watch on the months turn to be accurate with the day I must have set it in the PM frame making it appear to be the next day after 12 noon. So it seems I somehow lost a day somewhere and feel pretty stupid about it.

Anyone else have this happen before:confused:

This has caused an issue now because I offered cards up for auction on the BST and since my thought it was Sunday I put on there Ends tonight without a date. I F'ed this up bad and don't want to piss anyone off but no matter what I think it's gonna happen. This is out of the norm for me. I feel its a honest mistake but am in a perplexing situation. Should have just listed them on Ebay:mad: I am sorry guys for the confusion:(

Tcards-Please 05-20-2012 04:36 PM

Seems like an honest mistake, but when you post at 1pm on 5/19 that the auction ends tonight at 11:59 CST, that would lead me to believe that it should have ended yesterday 5/19 at 11:59. Not sure why a date is really needed when one says it ends tonight and even states CST, so that eliminates any confusion with time zones.

Just my .02

r/
Frank

sayhey24 05-20-2012 05:20 PM

I always think Thursday is Friday (or maybe it's just wishful thinking).

My question is this -- if you thought yesterday was Sunday, why didn't you go to church yesterday?

Greg

Pup6913 05-20-2012 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sayhey24 (Post 995452)
I always think Thursday is Friday (or maybe it's just wishful thinking).

My question is this -- if you thought yesterday was Sunday, why didn't you go to church yesterday?

Greg

GF works nights from 12-8 and I have been staying up late emailing with her since I haven't been working a lot this past few weeks. I went down yesterday morning and didn't say anything about church thinking I was gonna get out of going. Not something I like to do but it's important to her so I go. I let her get some sleep and made my post. I ended up having to go anyways this morning.

I ended them as a no sale. I f'ed this crap up so bad.

sayhey24 05-20-2012 06:17 PM

Andrew I think it's nice that you do something that may not be your cup of tea to make your girlfriend happy.

I also think you're being too hard on yourself -- in the overall scheme of things, this is no biggie -- sleep well tonight.

Greg

4815162342 05-20-2012 07:13 PM

Andrew it sounds like you have a great girlfriend; go with her to church as much as you can. I promise you'll never go wrong doing that. For me, knowing where I'm going when its all over makes work, family, collecting, life itself much better!

Jacklitsch 05-20-2012 07:23 PM

Now that I've retired I have no idea what day it is. Seems like every day is a Saturday. :)

slidekellyslide 05-20-2012 11:01 PM

You guys think not knowing what day it is is bad...on Friday I was hitting a bunch of garage sales and when I left one I walked down the driveway and got in a car that did not belong to me. That was one of the strangest feelings I think I've ever had...I got out of that car so fast and looked around to see if anyone saw me...as far as I can tell no one did. The car was identical to mine...green 1997 Camry so I at least have an excuse. :D

buymycards 05-21-2012 05:57 PM

Priorities

Hi Andrew,
You need to get your priorities straight:

#1. buying cards
#2 Net54
#3 Card shows
#4 ebay
#5 Selling cards
#6 trading cards
#7 reading price guides and the standard catalog
#8 girlfriend
#9 Church
#10 everything else

Hope this helps. Rick

CharleyBrown 05-21-2012 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slidekellyslide (Post 995569)
you guys think not knowing what day it is is bad...on friday i was hitting a bunch of garage sales and when i left one i walked down the driveway and got in a car that did not belong to me. That was one of the strangest feelings i think i've ever had...i got out of that car so fast and looked around to see if anyone saw me...as far as i can tell no one did. The car was identical to mine...green 1997 camry so i at least have an excuse. :d

lol!

rc4157 05-21-2012 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jacklitsch (Post 995506)
Now that I've retired I have no idea what day it is. Seems like every day is a Saturday. :)

Just a few more years for me Steve and I can join you on the everyday Saturdays!

Andrew, I got a kick out of your story. Sometimes stuff like that just happens.

RC

AgonyandIvy 05-21-2012 07:47 PM

What do you mean seems like?!?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jacklitsch (Post 995506)

:D :D :D

Me too, except everyday is a Saturday. I only know its Saturday because when I turn on CNBC there's no stock market trading. And my wife will be home. But when it is Saturday then it's like a double Saturday!

;)

But Andrew, I wouldn't sweat it too much. It's an honest mistake. I've done it before when I even knew what day it always was and it was me that made the plans that I missed. Wife and I just laughed. Hope your GF has same sense of humor.

sycks22 05-21-2012 08:36 PM

I haven't forgotten the day before, but this week we went to church Saturday night instead of Sunday morning. When all of the greeters kept saying "welcome" I said "Good morning" to the first 4-5 people that talked to me. I later realized that it's almost 6pm and felt dumb. I also tried opening the door of a car a couple days ago that I thought was my car and looked around like the guy mentioned above.

Pup6913 05-21-2012 11:34 PM

Good greif. I was just looking at my ebay auctions when I noticed I had the shipping set at $10 for 2 of the single graded cards. I listed them the same time frame as the Net 54 auctions. Please tell me it's a full moon out somewhere:D:D:D

BTW it's $3 incase any of you are bidding on the Fact 42 Piedmonts T205's