Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Postwar Baseball Cards Forum (Pre-1980) (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   365 Days of Roberto Clemente (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=249493)

docpatlv 12-29-2018 10:35 AM

Day 363

1972 Sportsline Pittsburgh...

https://photos.imageevent.com/docpat...Pittsburgh.jpg

JollyElm 12-29-2018 04:56 PM

The eager crowd waits with great excitement, wondering what the grand finale on Day 365 is going to look like...

quitcrab 12-29-2018 06:58 PM

I am going to thank you in advance for posting all that great Clemente ! Forty Five ? years after his death, and we can all learn from him what it is to show sportsmanship and class on the field and to be a humanitarian off the field. It really sunk home with me when you posted the old newspapers. Such a sad day... I do remember it . I was only 7 but my Dad told me about it. Sad day... Just like when Thurman died tragically. Even at a young age I understood something really good was taken away from all of us. More than a baseball player.

Thanks Again Scott

hcv123 12-29-2018 07:10 PM

Thank you

Mike,

Thank you for your dedication to keeping this thread going for 365 days and posting your awesome collection!! I have many more items that were not shown and unfortunately not much time to scan and post them. That said I will try from time to time to add images of some more great Clemente items to keep this thread alive! Happy new year to all!

Howard

docpatlv 12-29-2018 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JollyElm (Post 1840540)
The eager crowd waits with great excitement, wondering what the grand finale on Day 365 is going to look like...

Please don’t get your hopes up too high, I hope not to end on a dud!

docpatlv 12-29-2018 08:05 PM

Scott & Howard,

Thanks for the kind words. It’s been a long haul, but only a couple of days left.

Also Howard, I know how things can get busy, but whenever you can, I’d love to see more of your collection. Maybe you can help me revive the thread from time to time.

CW 12-30-2018 02:04 AM

Wow, what a great thread to follow all year long and I respect the dedication it took to keep it going -- not only to post every day for a year straight, but to actually have a collection vast enough to share well more than 365 pieces of Clemente related memorabilia. Thanks very much for sharing!

If any player in history is worth such devotion, it is Roberto.

docpatlv 12-30-2018 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CW (Post 1840632)
Wow, what a great thread to follow all year long and I respect the dedication it took to keep it going -- not only to post every day for a year straight, but to actually have a collection vast enough to share well more than 365 pieces of Clemente related memorabilia. Thanks very much for sharing!

If any player in history is worth such devotion, it is Roberto.

Thank you CW!

Day 364

I saved this next item for towards the end, hoping that I would have a chance to have it repainted by someone or even do it myself. But of course I never seemed to find the time to get it done. I have owned it for over twenty years, and thought that maybe it was a prototype. I’m sure that some young kid probably painted it years ago, but I couldn’t find any signs in the chipped areas that white, yellow or black were underneath so I thought maybe it was some type of prototype.

Either way, I’ll probably have it restored because it just doesn’t look right in blue. I’ve only seen 1 or 2 examples of this statue in all the years I’ve collected Clemente. Sorry for the small pic, it’s the only one I have available to post.

1970s Tuscany Studios statue...

https://photos.imageevent.com/docpat...canyStudio.jpg

Empty77 12-30-2018 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hcv123 (Post 1840577)
Mike,

Thank you for your dedication to keeping this thread going for 365 days and posting your awesome collection!! I have many more items that were not shown and unfortunately not much time to scan and post them. That said I will try from time to time to add images of some more great Clemente items to keep this thread alive! Happy new year to all!

Howard

And in addition to owner additions to the thread after day 365, I propose also keeping the thread going by special request...that is, if someone knows of an item that hasn't made the list and doesn't have it themselves but wants to see it again, request it, so someone with it has the kick-start to make the effort to add it, or if there's something maybe you know of only in theory, but have never seen one, request it in the hope that someone has it to contribute (I already have one in mind for this for me).

hcv123 12-30-2018 09:47 PM

Tuscany statue

3 Attachment(s)
Super rare statue mike. I too have only seen 1 or 2 others. Here is one with dare I say a different paint job. Also an exhibit display piece with uncut strips including Clemente and Mantle.

Empty - ask away........