Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Football Cards Forum (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   New here....a little introduction (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=111105)

Archive 12-25-2007 09:01 AM

New here....a little introduction

Posted By: <b>Richard</b><p>I was/am still a member at the CU forum, although I haven't posted in quite a while. I just happened across this forum on accident, and boy am I glad I did. I am first and foremost a football collector, with an emphasis on Rams items. I have been simultaneously building every major football set from 1948-1995, mostly ungraded, which is how I've been collecting since the late 60's. I always was a baseball fan, but got fed up with all the strikes and high prices of cards, and so I switched to football about 15 years ago.<br />Along with the card sets, I also enjoy looking for anything that is of a vintage nature such as programs, publications, college yearbooks or anything that strikes my fancy.<br />I rarely go to large sports card shows to look for items. I prefer scouring antique stores, flea markets, and swap meets, "hunting" by luck.<br />I will be keeping an eye on this forum and hopefully be able to contribute at times.

Archive 12-25-2007 08:53 PM

Posted By: <b>Frank Rose</b><p>Gridiron Greats Magazine would sure like to hear from you concerning your Rams collecting exploits.<br />www.gridirongreats.net<br><br>Frank Rose<br />Moderator<br />Vintage Football Collectors Message Board<br />www.gridirongreats.net<br />Online Orders: www.helmethut.com <br />(Click Enter Store, Gridiron Greats Magazine Tab)<br />

Archive 12-26-2007 06:18 AM

Posted By: <b>John S</b><p>Richard,<br /><br />I believe that we have spoken before regarding Dan Reeves items. Welcome aboard and am I looking forward to your commentary/contributions.

Archive 12-26-2007 08:52 PM

Posted By: <b>Anonymous</b><p>Frank - I sure hope I can contribute. However, I've taken the liberty to look at alot of the other threads here and see that my collection is very basic in nature compared to some of the things I've seen here. WOW! But I will gladly share scans or whatever I can.<br /><br />John - I may be that person, I can't honestly remember. I've just had a lot of things thrown at me in the last year or so and am just now getting back into the swing.<br /><br />Now I'll try to get my first scan on in another thread, about something I have a question about.

Archive 12-27-2007 07:52 AM

Posted By: <b>Matt</b><p>I am new here as well and find this forum very helpful.<br />I too have become sick of the overpriced baseball cards and am trying <br />switch over completely to 60's high grade football. The transition is fun and easy. <br /><br />Matt

Archive 12-27-2007 12:49 PM

Posted By: <b>davidcycleback</b><p>Speaking of Hall of Famer Rams, my dad was a professor at the University of Wisconsin when Elroy Hirsch was the Athletic Director, and they had lockers near each each other at the faculty gym. My dad said Elroy was well liked and in great shape for a guy who had long since retired from the NFL.<br /><br />Your locker room junior high cross country stories tend to lose their punch when the guy three lockers down is Pro Football Hall of Famer. They sound much better when you're next to a philosophy of mathematics lecturer.