Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   WaterCooler Talk- Off Topics (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   First for me with the Post Office. (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=231681)

D. Bergin 11-25-2016 12:24 PM

First for me with the Post Office.

Had a package I sent off to Germany sent to Arizona instead. Turns out there is a town in Arizona with the exact same zip code as the postal code of a town in Germany I was sending to.

USPS apparently decided to completely ignore the customs form, the word Germany in big letters on the front of the package, and ship to a town called Wellton, Arizona instead.

Last I checked it was "Out For Delivery" there. Hopefully they don't also have a street that matches the German town.

With my luck lately they'll either deliver it to some random house, or send back to me as an invalid address and make me pay for another International shipment for a $6.95 photo and get me saddled with an Ebay defect.

:rolleyes:

tracking # LZ343465716US

Leon 11-26-2016 07:41 AM

Germany is fairly close to AZ, isn't it?

Quote:

Originally Posted by D. Bergin (Post 1605253)
Had a package I sent off to Germany sent to Arizona instead. Turns out there is a town in Arizona with the exact same zip code as the postal code of a town in Germany I was sending to.

USPS apparently decided to completely ignore the customs form, the word Germany in big letters on the front of the package, and ship to a town called Wellton, Arizona instead.

Last I checked it was "Out For Delivery" there. Hopefully they don't also have a street that matches the German town.

With my luck lately they'll either deliver it to some random house, or send back to me as an invalid address and make me pay for another International shipment for a $6.95 photo and get me saddled with an Ebay defect.

:rolleyes:

tracking # LZ343465716US

frankbmd 11-26-2016 07:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leon (Post 1605440)
Germany is fairly close to AZ, isn't it?

I thought AZ was in Hawaii.

sam majors 11-26-2016 02:55 PM

If the mail man either turns right or left when it gets to Flagstaff, it should get there soon! Sam Majors

buymycards 11-27-2016 09:27 AM

?

I talked to one of my customers last week who had the exact thing happen to him. You would think that the package processing machines would scan the barcode on the customs form and get it to the correct place. I would love to see the barcode that was applied by the postal clerk. Do you suppose the clerk typed in the zip and didn't follow through correctly?

D. Bergin 11-27-2016 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by buymycards (Post 1605671)
I talked to one of my customers last week who had the exact thing happen to him. You would think that the package processing machines would scan the barcode on the customs form and get it to the correct place. I would love to see the barcode that was applied by the postal clerk. Do you suppose the clerk typed in the zip and didn't follow through correctly?

It was an Ebay generated label using the customer provided address and customs form. I have shipped to this customer in Germany before with no issues.

The-Cardfather 11-27-2016 11:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sam majors (Post 1605526)
If the mail man either turns right or left when it gets to Flagstaff, it should get there soon! Sam Majors

Sam, Sam, Sam.........

It's 2016. The word is "mail carrier" not "mail man."
Get with it or the P.C. Police will be coming for you soon!

digdugdig 11-29-2016 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Cardfather (Post 1605856)
Sam, Sam, Sam.........

It's 2016. The word is "mail carrier" not "mail man."
Get with it or the P.C. Police will be coming for you soon!

Or cover all the bases with "femail man";)