Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Upper Deck Authenticated Mantle SS Ball (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=66837)

Archive 05-02-2008 05:12 PM

Upper Deck Authenticated Mantle SS Ball

Posted By: <b>Matt R</b><p>I have an Upper Deck Authenticated Mantle signed ball. How confident can I be that the signature is legit? It has the hologram and matching COA. Has there ever been any known forgeries of UDA items? I paid $200 over book value to get the Upper Deck Authentication because I thought that was the best way to get make sure the signature was real without having witnessed the signing myself.

Archive 05-02-2008 06:52 PM

Posted By: <b>DJ</b><p>No worries with UDA products. Never heard of any forgeries in regards to UDA products. Mantle balls in NM-MT condition with UDA certification have been selling for $600-750 and as much as $900-1000 if with original pouch and box.

Archive 05-02-2008 08:26 PM

Posted By: <b>davidcycleback</b><p>UDA autographs are signed in person with UDA offical as witness and with the signer under contract to sign. UDA Mantle signed balls are in very high demand.

Archive 05-03-2008 06:07 AM

Posted By: <b>Richard S. Simon</b><p>DJ - there are no worries about UD products that are signed in person and witnessed by a UD employee.<br />There are many worries about UD cards with vintage autographs.<br />I have illustrated many of them on my Autograph News page at:<br />www.richardsimonsports.com/hofauto2.htm<br /><br />--<br /><br /><br><br>I refuse to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed opponent.<br />Unknown author <br />--<br />We made a promise. We swore we'd always remember.<br />No retreat baby, no surrender.<br />The Boss

Archive 05-03-2008 08:17 AM

Posted By: <b>davidcycleback</b><p>A Mantle ball with the hologram is the good signed in-person variety. I believe any non-card item (jersey, football, baseball, etc) with the oval UDA hologram was signed in-person.

Archive 05-11-2008 08:45 PM

Posted By: <b>Anonymous</b><p>It's good to hear that there haven't been any problems with UDA Mantle sigs. I know he had a contract with UD in the early to mid 90's up until the time he passed away in 1995. I paid a pretty hefty premium to get a UDA ball because I thought it was the safest way to get a legit auto without actually having witnessed the signing myself. That was worth the extra $200-$300 I paid over the going rate for single signed Mantle balls.

Archive 05-12-2008 06:41 AM

Posted By: <b>boxingcardman</b><p>For a good laugh, see all the bogus and wrong UD cut cards on there. Yipes!<br><br>Sic Gorgiamus Allos Subjectatos Nunc