Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   battlefield0516 t206 on ebay (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=206192)

irv 03-24-2017 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leon (Post 1644324)
Ok, we might be getting somewhere guys. Yes, this seller might know thresholds but they are doing the wrong thing. I think some interest has been peaked. Here is an email I just now received from my contact. For the record I have offered to be of any help I can...I should add it should be kept in mind this program being mentioned below is not a done deal but is being worked on. We can only try as much as we can....:)

Hi Leon,

Just to let you know movement has happened with the seller and if you can watch with that thread or otherwise, definitely let me know if any other listings come up so we can remove them before the items end.

For the second longer term piece, would you or do you know someone that you would personally trust on the net54 forum that we can setup as an expert reporter? Long story short, bit of vetting to ensure they are “experts in the industry” but referrals are given priority to a team specializing with misleading auctions so have to be 100% accurate referrals every time. The qualifications to begin is to have an active eBay account, not a seller in the categories you are reporting for, and no past policy violations. This will solve the pain points that your board has been seeing with this seller in the past and others that have likely come and gone.

If you are interested or know someone who would be let me know and I can forward there information to one of the policy managers for collectibles and we can see if it would be feasible to setup.

Great job, Leon. It sounds promising.

Thanks for spearheading this! :)

jb67 03-24-2017 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by irv (Post 1644363)
Great job, Leon. It sounds promising.

Thanks for spearheading this! :)

Way to go Leon!!!

Leon 03-24-2017 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aquarian Sports Cards (Post 1644362)
problem is the "Not a seller in the categories you are reporting for" clause.

EDIT: Still awesome that something may actually come of this!

I don't sell in this category on ebay so think it might work for me, anyway....we will see. My ebay contact is checking into it. I will keep folks updated.

Sean 03-29-2017 01:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VintageBen (Post 1641982)
Can we drain the Battlefield swamp already?

It's so phenomenal that previous buyer paid $3054 and said it was deemed altered/trimmed by PSA and seller didn't care

Green Portrait is posted again!!! Ughhhhhh

And it's back again. Sold on the 22nd, relisted on the 28th. Unbelievable.

VintageBen 03-29-2017 02:10 AM

Omgggggg when will battlefield be shutdown? Someone please finish them!!!!

Leon 03-29-2017 06:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sean (Post 1645567)
And it's back again. Sold on the 22nd, relisted on the 28th. Unbelievable.

Well, we shall see how this goes. I sent my contact a note just now with the top 4 of their cards saying they have been sold and returned and sold again so many times I can't even count them all. That seller deserves a kick in the behind....
LL

bobbyw8469 03-29-2017 08:29 AM

I am 100% sure they paid less than half in graded form what the card is selling for raw. They stupidly think that someone wants to spend $3,000-$4,000 on the card and wish to keep it raw. That is the only way the scam works on that card. Unfortunately for them, someone spending that much money IS NOT wanting to keep it raw. Their greed cost them on that particular item.

Iwantmorecards77 03-29-2017 09:30 AM

wow...

Pretty crazy stuff...

They're certainly not the only seller that participates in such behavior. I recently sold a really nice looking HOF rookie, that PSA wouldn't grade (N4 - Minimum Size.) I know grading is subjective, and heck, the card could've graded if I sent it in again - but frustrated with it all, I listed it on eBay, with full disclosure. I even included a scan of PSA's "MINSIZE" label. It sold for under $70. The buyer currently has it listed for sale as "Pack Fresh" and it has a $200 bid.

Money trumps everything and some people will continue to participate in such activities as long as they can get away with it.

Todd M@ncuso

PhillipAbbott79 03-29-2017 09:34 AM

1 Attachment(s)
This is what they send with their packages to help minimize the number of claims against them. It also shows how to directly contact them outside of EBay so that communications are 'off of the grid'.

Bill77 03-29-2017 12:28 PM

I had a funny thought about Battlefield's Green Cobb yesterday. The next person to buy it should take it to the Pawn Stars with a printout of the ebay listing and see if they will buy it. I think if people see the blue background on the card they might start catching onto Battlefield's selling tactics, or the Pawn Stars can get stuck with the card probably forever. And if they don't buy it you can leave negative feedback claiming the card was so bad that the Pawn Stars don't even want it. Even better would be if Rick calls in his buddy from PSA to look at the card and tell the whole world how bad the card is.

bobbyw8469 03-29-2017 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bill77 (Post 1645685)
I had a funny thought about Battlefield's Green Cobb yesterday. The next person to buy it should take it to the Pawn Stars with a printout of the ebay listing and see if they will buy it. I think if people see the blue background on the card they might start catching onto Battlefield's selling tactics, or the Pawn Stars can get stuck with the card probably forever. And if they don't buy it you can leave negative feedback claiming the card was so bad that the Pawn Stars don't even want it. Even better would be if Rick calls in his buddy from PSA to look at the card and tell the whole world how bad the card is.

It's not a BAD card. A lot of people would love to own it. Unfortunately, it's worth about what they originally paid for it when it was SGC "Authentic". Maybe a little more if they got a deal. But they are nefariously trying to claim it is something it is not in order to pocket extra income. This time, it is biting them in the ass.

Exhibitman 03-29-2017 01:37 PM

Is it just me or does anyone else's head hurt after reading the corporate gobbledygook from the eBay rep's emails? And I read insurance policies for a living...

bnorth 03-29-2017 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exhibitman (Post 1645708)
Is it just me or does anyone else's head hurt after reading the corporate gobbledygook from the eBay rep's emails? And I read insurance policies for a living...

Yes, I liked how the person had to be an expert in the field, never be wrong, have an eBay account, and not sell in the category they are an expert in. LOL Seemed to me like a way to disqualify everyone.

nat 03-29-2017 01:46 PM

So wait, how does Battlefield make her money? Are there people who buy thousand dollar baseball cards and DON'T return them when they find out that the edges are all chewed up &etc.?

Sean 03-29-2017 04:10 PM

She must be making money on the small stuff, the commons and such. The ones that aren't worth grading.... or returning.

D.P.Johnson 03-29-2017 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bnorth (Post 1645711)
Yes, I liked how the person had to be an expert in the field, never be wrong, have an eBay account, and not sell in the category they are an expert in. LOL Seemed to me like a way to disqualify everyone.

WRONG!
My wife qualifies...:)...

bobbyw8469 03-30-2017 04:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sean (Post 1645761)
She must be making money on the small stuff, the commons and such. The ones that aren't worth grading.... or returning.

Bingo!! And the person looking for a raw Hank Aaron rookie card - and intends to keep it that way.

jfkheat 03-30-2017 07:47 AM

One thing that really helps battlefield is that once she refunds the buyers of these cards they very seldom leave feedback. Most of her negative feedback is from inexpensive cards.
James

Jeffrompa 03-30-2017 07:52 AM

All I know is :

If it was me doing business like that I would have been booted off eBay long ago .

stlcardsfan 03-30-2017 03:25 PM

I'm almost positive Battlefield is at least her second incarnation as a seller. Can't remember the previous name she used though. I remember when she started as Battlefield and I think she even touted her previous sales.

pow323 03-31-2017 04:53 PM

T-206 green Cobb Battlefield 0516

Well like someone said the Green T-206 Cobb is for sale again on Ebay. Of course the last time it was on there it got shilled so many times to get the price up but no one fell for it! I emailed her to ask if she thought the card was trimmed but have not heard back yet. My guess is that I won`t here back at all. :rolleyes:

VintageBen 04-15-2017 11:07 PM

She's at it again.

1 Attachment(s)
Omggggggggggg

Bill77 04-16-2017 12:06 AM

I'm impressed there are back scans for some of the cards and not all of the scans show perfect cards this time around.

Sean 04-16-2017 05:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bill77 (Post 1651236)
I'm impressed there are back scans for some of the cards and not all of the scans show perfect cards this time around.

This is an incredibly low bar for a seller. :rolleyes: :back scans are included and the scans are only somewhat doctored.

PS- Bill, this is a shot at Battlefield, not at you. :)

VintageBen 04-16-2017 08:20 AM

Even the graded cards look photoshopped

1 Attachment(s)
I don't see any marks on the card at all

Bill77 04-16-2017 09:27 AM

Wow 7 bids on the green Cobb already and there are still 6 days left to go. How high does it go this time?

Leon 04-16-2017 10:19 AM

Lots of these raw cards are sold over and over..I am not sure ebay really cares, otherwise one would think they would do something about their practices, after it is reported and proven beyond a reasonable doubt they are committing fraud...(so it seems) :)
http://www.ebay.com/sch/m.html?item=...ld0516&_sop=16

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bill77 (Post 1651306)
Wow 7 bids on the green Cobb already and there are still 6 days left to go. How high does it go this time?

swarmee 04-16-2017 10:28 AM

Well, how about the board stages a boycott of eBay starting May 1 until Battlefield's account has been cancelled and she has been banned from eBay? I will. I may be a small fish, but I can cancel all my listings the last day of April and not buy anything via eBay until the battlefield account is pulled.

Bpm0014 04-17-2017 07:12 AM

I'm in

PhillipAbbott79 04-17-2017 08:24 AM

You are in for a LONG wait. Why wait until May?

Bill77 04-17-2017 11:58 AM

So if someone buys the green Cobb and returns it again do they still get the Ebay buck for it? If so someone will cleanup on that deal.

Yoda 04-17-2017 01:31 PM

The present T206 Cobb green is not the same one returned multiple times for being trimmed; it is part of a huge listing of a near set of T206s auctioned over 3 days. Look carefully at her wording. Now she says each card has been measured, meets standard criteria and should grade. This is a marked departure from prior auctions where questionable cards always seemed to be called nrmt+ etc. She has definitely joggled her business platform and, damn, most of cards seem ok, lots of diamond cut nice looking copies. Star card already attracting plenty of action on the first day of bidding.
Never a dull moment with Battlefields. This thread has lots of followers.

irv 04-17-2017 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yoda (Post 1651639)
The present T206 Cobb green is not the same one returned multiple times for being trimmed; it is part of a huge listing of a near set of T206s auctioned over 3 days. Look carefully at her wording. Now she says each card has been measured, meets standard criteria and should grade. This is a marked departure from prior auctions where questionable cards always seemed to be called nrmt+ etc. She has definitely joggled her business platform and, damn, most of cards seem ok, lots of diamond cut nice looking copies. Star card already attracting plenty of action on the first day of bidding.
Never a dull moment with Battlefields. This thread has lots of followers.

Does this include not being photoshopped?

I agree, it does sound promising, but until someone purchases one and has it graded, we will never know if she is now telling the truth?

All items are 100% authentic & unaltered unless otherwise specified in the description. Almost everything always starts at $0.99 with no reserve so please check out our other auctions!

This week we are proudly auctioning off the finest set we have ever owned. A 1909-11 T206 Near Complete Set! 520 of the cards in the set (only missing the big 4) are being auctioned off this week over a 3 day period. We have taken the time to measure every card in the set and other than a handful that appear to be slighty miscut, all cards measure correctly and show no evidence of trimming. These cards are the real deal! In our opinion every card in the set is worthy of professional grading. All cards have been placed in brand new BCW Tobacco card insert sleeves specifically designed for T206 cards and brand new Ultra Pro top loaders for maximum protection. Opportunities to bid on this many T206 cards at one time don't come around very often. Don't miss out on these!

swarmee 04-17-2017 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PhillipAbbott79 (Post 1651561)
You are in for a LONG wait. Why wait until May?

Well, two reasons: I had a $500 bid in on a lot ending in four days (but it just got outbid this morning) and I figured starting on May Day had a nice ring to it, and would allow for greater vintage community collectors to learn of it before starting.

PhillipAbbott79 04-17-2017 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by irv (Post 1651651)
Does this include not being photoshopped?

I agree, it does sound promising, but until someone purchases one and has it graded, we will never know if she is now telling the truth?

All items are 100% authentic & unaltered unless otherwise specified in the description. Almost everything always starts at $0.99 with no reserve so please check out our other auctions!

This week we are proudly auctioning off the finest set we have ever owned. A 1909-11 T206 Near Complete Set! 520 of the cards in the set (only missing the big 4) are being auctioned off this week over a 3 day period. We have taken the time to measure every card in the set and other than a handful that appear to be slighty miscut, all cards measure correctly and show no evidence of trimming. These cards are the real deal! In our opinion every card in the set is worthy of professional grading. All cards have been placed in brand new BCW Tobacco card insert sleeves specifically designed for T206 cards and brand new Ultra Pro top loaders for maximum protection. Opportunities to bid on this many T206 cards at one time don't come around very often. Don't miss out on these!

Yep. All of that wording has been on her other auctions. She can claim it all she wants, you can trust her if you'd like, but if you get them graded, you will find out they are all crap, and she will claim ignorance.

Around the loop we go.

iwantitiwinit 04-18-2017 04:05 AM

Might have been mentioned above but large number of t206's up for sale now. Clearly trimmed with descriptions like..."breathtaking"... so misleading.

Leon 04-18-2017 07:25 AM

Looking at the bottom right corner of Cy, honestly, almost gives me a stomach ache.:eek:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/CY-YOUNG-BAR...IAAOSw53NY9aBD

savedfrommyspokes 04-18-2017 07:46 AM

Is it known where she acquired this "near set" of T-206s from?

iwantitiwinit 04-18-2017 03:19 PM

All those t206's are either spectacular, breathtaking, or phenomenal. Just ask Elaine Benes, aren't they breathtaking Elaine? What a scummer.

ullmandds 04-18-2017 04:13 PM

why do people keep referring to battlefield as "she?"

isn't "she" confirmed to be DEAD?????

PhillipAbbott79 04-18-2017 06:41 PM

No. That is a coincidence I believe.

If you call someone picks up that supposedly knows her.

PhillipAbbott79 04-19-2017 06:03 AM

The green and red Cobbs are completely gone when I look. I can't find them under completed, sold or current auction search criteria.

Is this a rolling blackout or were they removed?

Leon 04-19-2017 06:58 AM

Removed, You are welcome...

Quote:

Originally Posted by PhillipAbbott79 (Post 1652088)
The green and red Cobbs are completely gone when I look. I can't find them under completed, sold or current auction search criteria.

Is this a rolling blackout or were they removed?

Yoda 04-19-2017 09:41 AM

Hardly Kosher during an auction. I suspect somebody offered a ton of $'s for them and away they flew.

Leon 04-19-2017 09:42 AM

Wrong again, ebay removed them. They are not taking kindly to Battle's shenanigans much more...so it seems.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yoda (Post 1652155)
Hardly Kosher during an auction. I suspect somebody offered a ton of $'s for them and away they flew.

frankbmd 04-19-2017 10:27 AM

In a local tavern, would you pick up a gal named Battlefield?

tschock 04-19-2017 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frankbmd (Post 1652163)

Hmmm...depends. Which winch for the wench wouldn't make me wince?

Paul S 04-19-2017 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frankbmd (Post 1652163)

Never, but I used to know a guy who knew a guy...

PhillipAbbott79 04-19-2017 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leon (Post 1652157)
Wrong again, ebay removed them. They are not taking kindly to Battle's shenanigans much more...so it seems.

Interesting. 2 of the 4 Cobbs are still up there. Curious to see how this goes.

Leon 04-19-2017 04:32 PM

I think only 2 cards were reported and both were taken down. If anything else happens I have no idea. My guess is all items get bought and a lot of them get returned with some negatives given, but not nearly enough. Things are still being worked through but hopefully in the future it will be quicker getting bad stuff taken down on ebay. Had there been 83 things reported (or anymore than were) I am not sure anything would have happened. Baby steps....

Quote:

Originally Posted by PhillipAbbott79 (Post 1652227)
Interesting. 2 of the 4 Cobbs are still up there. Curious to see how this goes.