Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Modern Baseball Cards Forum (1980-Present) (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   newest ebay scam beware (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=239647)

hoebob69 05-12-2017 08:17 PM

newest ebay scam beware

Hello guys,just wanted to share an incident I just had with eBay in hopes that no one else ever has to deal with the crap. I made a purchase of a fransisco lindor rookie auto a couple weeks back thinking it was a pack issued. Obviously it was not. The seller gave me the run around from day one!!! First he said it was purchased from a reputable guy and he didn't accept returns. So I opened a case on eBay. He then said if I spent more money on a third party authenticator and it came back fake he would refund the money for the card,but no authenticator fees. Finally on the last day before eBay gets involved he accepts the return. This is where it gets good!! I never opened the package,thinking the seller would claim some type of vandalism when he got it back. So I took pictures of the package,saved tracking number and returned to sender. EBay during this time would not accept the tracking number or let me communicate with seller at all. I kept up with the package though and saw it was delivered Tuesday,so I thought it was finally over. Boy was I wrong! He claimed he never received the item and Ebay sided with him. So now he has his card and my money. Well I called eBay and the representative informed me that it didn't matter that I could show proof of delivery,that I forfeitted my money back guarantee when I refused the package and didn't print out a shipping label. Naturally I was pissed to say the least. Has anyone else ever encountered this problem or is it just me?

pokerplyr80 05-12-2017 08:38 PM

I've never heard of that but you can still file a PayPal claim, or a dispute with your credit card company, assuming you set paypal up to bill a card. Hopefully it works out.

hoebob69 05-12-2017 08:55 PM

Yea I left that part out,I have a PayPal credit card,so they froze the money and are waiting to see if he fesses up himself before they drop the hammer. I was blown away by it myself. I literally have screen shot photos of usps updates of exact date and time it was redelivered to the buyer. But the eBay associate had no interest in any of it.

pokerplyr80 05-13-2017 01:18 AM

It also couldn't hurt to talk to another associate at ebay. Or better yet a manager. The squeaky wheel gets the grease, as they say. Best of luck.

I was on the end of some bs from a seller one time. Sold me an altered card, refused refund. I had my claim denied twice on ebay. Made a few calls. Ended up with my money back and the card. Don't give up.

ibuysportsephemera 05-13-2017 01:51 AM

Wait...I don't understand...you made a purchase on eBay, paid for it and were able to make a determination that it wasn't what you thought you were purchasing without even opening the package? What am I missing here?

Jeff

Neal 05-13-2017 05:16 AM

I had the same question(s) as Jeff ....did you ever open the package? If not, why?

swarmee 05-13-2017 07:24 AM

He posted another thread about it before. Its a card that looks like a pack certified auto from Topps, but was actually released without a signature. So the signature was either fake or signed in person. So he refused the package because he deemed the auto fake before it got delivered. Btw didn't know it wasn't a Certified auto when he purchased it though.

hoebob69 05-13-2017 08:37 AM

Swarmee hit on the head! It's a bowman aflac all American card. I thought it was a Topps issued autograph. I've got a bad habit of bidding on cards so I can watch them,I bid $30,which was minimum bid at the time,looking at multiple lindor rookies. When the others are selling for $60+ and that stayed at $30,it raised red flags. So I posted it on here,another site like this,and sent it to a third party for review as well. It's a real bad forgery job,even used pen! So he sent it before I caught it,and this the roller coaster started.

philliesfan 05-14-2017 05:25 AM

So you bid on cards so you can watch them? Why not just put them on your watch list?
Hope it works out for you. I hate he scum on ebay............
Robert

Zach Wheat 05-15-2017 08:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pokerplyr80 (Post 1660908)
It also couldn't hurt to talk to another associate at ebay. Or better yet a manager. The squeaky wheel gets the grease, as they say. Best of luck.

I was on the end of some bs from a seller one time. Sold me an altered card, refused refund. I had my claim denied twice on ebay. Made a few calls. Ended up with my money back and the card. Don't give up.

I agree with Jessee.....talk to another associate and/or elevate to the manager. Good luck.

Z