Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   WaterCooler Talk- Off Topics (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   My favorite vacation place is,,,, (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=250525)

KCRfan1 02-09-2018 10:58 PM

Alaska.

My wife and I flew up and spent 2 weeks there last August. The highlight was a 9 hour boat ride thru Prince William Sound for a tour of glaciers. Lazy Otter is the company we chartered with and loved it!

RichardSimon 07-06-2018 03:00 PM

Without a doubt Alaska.
I have traveled A LOT in my lifetime but I am returning to Alaska for the fourth time in two weeks.
I just love it there. (in the summertime only) :).

timzcardz 07-08-2018 02:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RichardSimon (Post 1792709)
. . . I am returning to Alaska for the fourth time in two weeks.

WOW!

That's a lot of travelling to do in two weeks. :D

clydepepper 07-13-2018 07:20 AM

I'm SOOOO VERY JEALOUS of all you world travelers!

I am the Family 'Keeper of Post-Cards', the large collection of which documents, in ways being replaced by digital photograph, my family members' many treks around the globe.

My older brother himself, has been on two out-of-country trips this year....I was able to join him in Washington D.C. - his third trip.

The Post-Cards he mailed from the Ryne River were too big to fit in the official 'Travel' Photo Album - but were still welcome.

Someone earlier said that their favorite vacation place was a Major League Stadium...I agree!

I'll settle for digital reports from everywhere else...so I guess I'm not really all that jealous.

rjackson44 07-22-2018 11:20 AM

Have a home at the jersey shore love it ,Long Beach island ,,but love Newport Rhode Island love it

gopherfan 07-23-2018 10:24 PM

My wife and I have been fortunate enough to travel to Europe 4 times the last 5 years. In order I loved Italy, Ireland, France, and Germany. We also have been to the Caribbean 12 times in 12 years. My top 5 islands are: St. Thomas (we got married there) Aruba, St. Maarten, Curacao, and St. Lucia.

But.... I agree with many here. Alaska has been my favorite place. It is incredibly beautiful up there, and it hasn't been "ruined" by too many tourists. If you could travel up there year round, it probably would lose some of its luster.

ALR-bishop 07-24-2018 06:56 AM

Recently flew to Fairbanks and took the Alaskan Railroad down to Anchorage. It had stops overnight in Denalli and Talkeetna. From Faibanks went to Seward and caught a cruise along the Alaskan coast down to Vancouver. Couple of days in Vancouver, including Victoria and Whistler, and then took the Rocky Mountaineer railroad towards Calgary with overnights in Jasper, Banff and Lake Louise, in each case staying at a Fairmont hotel or lodge which was included in the fare. Both railroads have spacious domed observation cars and serve gourmet fare on the trip. You do not get great view of Denali from the park itself so we chartered a small plane in Talkeetna to get closer views

I have a thing for old stuff, so Angkor Wat, Petra, The Great Wall, the Pyramids , Luxor, Valley of the Kings, Rome, and Greece are some of our favorite trips.

irv 07-24-2018 10:30 AM

6 Attachment(s)
I know this thread is about travelling abroad or travelling great distances to various places in your own country or around the world, but this is my favorite vacation spot that I have been going to for 12 yrs now, all within a 130 kms of my home.

We have travelled to Cancun (Moon Palace Resort) and to Disney in Florida over 10 yrs ago and would certainly like to travel outside our country a bit more, but for now, this is our go to place every summer.

We are right on the water, which is very nice, plus we face the west so we get some incredible sunsets over the summer.

My son was 5 when we first started going here. In that time he has learned to water ski, kneeboard, among other things.

ALR-bishop 07-24-2018 01:51 PM

Nice, Irv

irv 07-24-2018 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ALR-bishop (Post 1797656)
Nice, Irv

Thanks, Al. :)