Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Autograph Forum- Primarily Sports (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Casey Stengel good - Try another one from Stinson. (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=270359)

Case12 06-20-2019 04:10 PM

Casey Stengel good - Try another one from Stinson.

1 Attachment(s)
Look ok or should I toss it? Looking for your thoughts please. Thanks, Casey

David Atkatz 06-20-2019 04:58 PM

Could it be drawn more slowly? I don't think so.
Toss it.

Case12 06-21-2019 07:13 AM

Thanks! Though Stengel has a particular look, his signatures change around in the details a lot.

Bpm0014 06-21-2019 08:26 AM

It looks like Michael J. Fox signed that......over a period of 3 days

Fuddjcal 06-21-2019 08:48 AM

5 Attachment(s)
Casey was in his 90's when he signed my program 3 times. None of them looked like he had the shakes. it was 105 out and he had a thick leisure suit on that looked like a horse blanket. His signature was perfect. I have 10 in my collection and none of them with a even a little shimmy shimmy shake like that one.

Leave it to you to have that in your collection. probably got it for a STEAL...:D:D

Here's a few for you to compare for the next deal that's too good to be true!

ocjack 06-21-2019 09:20 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I got these two index cards signed in either the late 60's/early 70's - in person. Casey lived in a town nearby.

Case12 06-21-2019 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fuddjcal (Post 1891203)
Casey was in his 90's when he signed my program 3 times. None of them looked like he had the shakes. it was 105 out and he had a thick leisure suit on that looked like a horse blanket. His signature was perfect. I have 10 in my collection and none of them with a even a little shimmy shimmy shake like that one.

Leave it to you to have that in your collection. probably got it for a STEAL...:D:D

Here's a few for you to compare for the next deal that's too good to be true!

Ouch! One of these days I will learn to start listening to you 😀😀😀

Michael B 06-21-2019 10:01 AM

Upside down on the page of a book!?! Every in person autograph collector I know buys old books and used the margins of random pages to collect their autographs. I personally lean towards using the classics like 'Don Quixote' - tipping at windmills. The signature looks like a Roaches Corner practice forgery before they tried it on a baseball. It was probably in a lot of random HOF fakes on slips of paper.

Case12 06-21-2019 02:45 PM

I don't even understand why someone would forge Stengels autograph anyway....he signed almost everything his whole long life. 20 years ago I would easily flip through his signed cards at shows and find them everywhere. I don't understand what people are thinking when they do this? Btw, this was on eBay. I chose not to buy it :-)

bnorth 06-21-2019 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Case12 (Post 1891338)
I don't even understand why someone would forge Stengels autograph anyway....he signed almost everything his whole long life. 20 years ago I would easily flip through his signed cards at shows and find them everywhere. I don't understand what people are thinking when they do this? Btw, this was on eBay. I chose not to buy it :-)

$ is always the answer. Those that think people only alter/counterfeit/forge autographs of expensive items are only fooling themselves. There is little to no risk with lower price items for the scammers.

Mr. Zipper 06-22-2019 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Case12 (Post 1891338)

Seriously?

There are hundreds of ebay forgers who make many thousands of dollars a year, $8 at a time by forging "low value" autographs on index cards.

They succeed because some people think, "who would forge this autograph?"

thetruthisoutthere 06-23-2019 07:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Zipper (Post 1891553)
Seriously?

There are hundreds of ebay forgers who make many thousands of dollars a year, $8 at a time by forging "low value" autographs on index cards.

They succeed because some people think, "who would forge this autograph?"

Yep.

I call them "kitchen table forgers."

They are all over Ebay.

Case12 06-24-2019 04:30 PM

So, this time I am willing to pay more to get it right 😀. This one comes with a receipt from Stinson. That should help, and it looks good to me. Does this Stengel look authentic before I pull the trigger? You all are the best and I hope to get it right this time. Thanks much, Casey

Case12 06-24-2019 04:34 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Photo attached now. Thanks

Fuddjcal 06-24-2019 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Case12 (Post 1892483)
Photo attached now. Thanks

Very nice index card.:D s

oh see the deer, has the deer a little doe? while Soitenly, Two Bucks!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sL5FjvH3AJc