Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   What a Beautiful Service Today for 1 of our Own, RIP Teddy Z (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=345231)

danmckee 01-18-2024 05:41 PM

What a Beautiful Service Today for 1 of our Own, RIP Teddy Z

Military Burial with the 21 Guns Salute!

RIP my friend, The Philly Shows will never be the same.

I Cried like a Baby....... I Hate this part of life.

Dan Mckee

rjackson44 01-18-2024 06:39 PM

Rip thank you dan

Michael B 01-18-2024 07:45 PM

You will probably look back on it and be happy that you went.

"Heaven knows we need never be ashamed of our tears, for they are rain upon the blinding dust of earth, overlying our hard hearts. I was better after I cried, than before -- more sorry, more aware of my own ingratitude, more gentle."

Charles Dickens - Pip in 'Great Expectations'. One of my all time favorite quotes.

Ronnie73 01-18-2024 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danmckee (Post 2405866)

Dan Mckee

Ted's Spirit will forever live on within the many pages, posts, and members of Net54. I sure hope that Ted's grandson Ron will one day be a part of the community here, but only when the time is right for him.

From this point forward, everytime I'm working out a T206 theory, Ted will be on my mind. I will miss our sharing of thoughts and ideas related to the T206 set.

Dan, do your best to stay strong, and when you are feeling sad, use those memories of Ted to celebrate his life and his achievements he made throughout the years.

FrankWakefield 01-19-2024 08:16 AM

Dan, thank you Sir for the update.

Michael, thank you for the on point Dickens quote.

I would do well to be a bit more like Ted, and a bit less like my old self.

In my mind I can hear the report of the honor guard's firearms, and the calm, soft tone of Ted's voice... the sound of each enhances the significance of the other.

oldjudge 01-19-2024 08:58 AM

God rest his soul.

Seven 01-19-2024 09:11 AM

Quote:

Dan Mckee

Dan,

I can't even imagine how hard this process is for you, and Ted's family. I would like to think that Ted is warmly smiling down upon us, everytime we mention his name, or the cards he was so passionate about. Teds presence will be greatly missed, and I think it's our job to carry on his good name, knowledge and legacy. Men like Ted were cut from a different cloth.

And I'm sure, somewhere in the great beyond, Ted is currently chewing off the ear of Jefferson Burdick, and many of the other great collectors of yesteryear as they compare sets and debate over the various tobacco and candy issues that have been produced throughout time.

Take care,

James

jingram058 01-19-2024 10:28 AM

God rest his soul. Who will fill those big shoes? No one. I've never seen a greater outpouring of love for someone. There is a reason for that.

Leon 01-19-2024 10:30 AM

I can feel your pain, Danny. Teddy was a really great guy and one of the "old guard" as I like to call them. Thanks for sharing, what was no doubt, a beautiful ceremony.
I once heard someone say, as long as a person is remembered, they are never really gone. Teddy will never be gone from us...

And, as was said in an earlier post, he's probably arguing with Burdick right now.

Quote:

Dan Mckee