Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Watercooler Talk- ALL sports talk (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   LeBron James to sit out rest of season (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=267483)

samosa4u 03-31-2019 10:27 AM

LeBron James to sit out rest of season

I just heard some crazy news. James has been shut down for the rest of the season to let his groin injury heal.

Can anyone on this forum tell me when was the last time you heard about James getting injured? I don't ever remember hearing about this guy getting injured before. Every season I would see this robot ripping his opponents apart - so he's actually human?

Peter_Spaeth 03-31-2019 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by samosa4u (Post 1866661)
I just heard some crazy news. James has been shut down for the rest of the season to let his groin injury heal.

Can anyone on this forum tell me when was the last time you heard about James getting injured? I don't ever remember hearing about this guy getting injured before. Every season I would see this robot ripping his opponents apart - so he's actually human?

Even he gets older, not a young man in his 20s any more.

Yastrzemski Sports 03-31-2019 10:22 PM

Lebron would have left on a high note if he had retired at the end of last season as a Cavalier. LA was building a great young team before he arrived and now it's going wrong. This season was not pretty to watch and isn't going to get better as time goes on and he gets older. And it is harder to play under the bright lights in LA where every flaw is examined under a microscope.

KCRfan1 04-01-2019 07:49 AM

Lebron sits at the end of the bench away from the rest of the team. And this has been going on for most of the season. No interaction.

Lebron's numbers are good, but he seems to be an interested participant.

Peter_Spaeth 04-01-2019 09:33 AM

For a man who seems to have made the right moves throughout his career, it seems he didn't do so this time. Maybe Magic made him promises about rebuilding the team that he didn't or couldn't keep?

Touch'EmAll 04-02-2019 11:27 AM

As a lifelong Laker fan, I had mixed emotions on Lebron to the Lakers. I like him as a player, he is excellent when on the floor, his stats are unquestionably very good. However, when not on the floor am not so thrilled with him. He tends to isolate himself - makes it feel like he is not "one of the guys" - bad for team chemistry. I do not like how he interacts with the coach - he is in I want control mode and a prima dona - again not good for team chemistry. I tell my son about the old Lakers with Magic/Jabbar etc. Everyone got along great, nobody bickered, everyone knew their place, everyone got along with coach, fans adored the entire team. Phenomenal overall team chemistry. Lebron has a lot to learn from the old Lakers - doubt he will ever learn - too bad. Too bad for him, too bad for the team, too bad for the fans. When he arrived I tried to give him benefit of doubt, but after this season and how he handles himself, not the biggest Lebron fan. But they are my team, so I root for them anyways. GO LAKERS !

Steve