Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Autograph Forum- Primarily Sports (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Campanella Salvino.... (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=154173)

jgmp123 07-21-2012 01:32 PM

Campanella Salvino....

Quick question,

I don't know a great deal about the Salvino figures, but notice that the price on a signed Campanella Salvino figure goes for much less than a cut, picture, card, etc.

Does anyone know why that is?

drc 07-21-2012 09:13 PM

I've noticed Salvino and Gartland signed figures have gone down in value across the board in recent times I guess. Not as popular I guess. Both companies are good about have authentic signatures, usually obtained in private signings.

jgmp123 07-24-2012 07:33 PM

So what are your thoughts on removing the cut from the Salvino for framing purposes?

perezfan 07-24-2012 08:22 PM

Whatever is your personal preference, is the right answer.

Monetarily, it wouldn't hurt, and depending on how easily the plaque comes off, you still might have a nice looking statue. If I were looking for a Campanella Cut, I'd see no reason not to do it. The only reason might be if the paper autographed plaque is glued on, and would incur damage by peeling it off.

Maybe someone here has attempted it?

jgmp123 07-24-2012 08:38 PM

That is what I was hoping for...:D

thenavarro 07-24-2012 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jgmp123 (Post 1018058)

The cuts I have removed from those bases have all been on a thick material that was easily separated from the base. I cut them off using razor blades. as long as you are patient, it shouldn't be an issue

Mike

jgmp123 07-25-2012 06:09 AM

Thanks Mike!

Fuddjcal 07-25-2012 10:57 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by jgmp123 (Post 1018058)

I currently have the Drysdale & Koufax in my office on my filing cabinet. A few years back, I had the Campanella in the middle, but didn’t keep it long.

It came in the original box but the autograph tag was bowed and not attached. I tried to flatten it and reattach it with carpet tape. In the end, it kept popping off. It was not a “bad scribble” as are many of those Campy Salvino’s. It would have probably worked great as a cut. I think I paid $130.00 for it. 3-4 years ago.

The guy I bought it from contacted me a couple of months later and asked me if I ever received it? I told him I did and I wanted to return it…(LOL)

Mr. Zipper 07-25-2012 11:08 AM

Sweet display, chuck. :)

I like the idea of the Salvinos, but given the way the figurines are displayed, I figured the signatures would not last long either from fading or the fact that it would be hard to keep dust off of it.

mr2686 07-25-2012 01:00 PM

Very nice display Chuck, but I'll tell you what, that's the nicest filing cabinet I've ever seen!

Fuddjcal 07-26-2012 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Zipper (Post 1018242)
Sweet display, chuck. :)

I like the idea of the Salvinos, but given the way the figurines are displayed, I figured the signatures would not last long either from fading or the fact that it would be hard to keep dust off of it.

Thanks guys,

I think I've had these displayed like this for about 3-4 years. The room gets morning sun and dust from windy Porter Ranch, CA. I use a damp cloth with Windex a few times a year (pathetic I know) and dust them. They don't seem to have faded at all. Many photo's in the same room will fade, however.

mr2686 07-26-2012 03:03 PM

Chuck, are you using any kind of UV glass on those photos?

mighty bombjack 07-26-2012 03:13 PM

They have to be getting rarer intact, as card companies love to use these to make cut auto cards, a la this example

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2011-SP-LEGE...item2568c6e262

Between active and ended eBay auctions, there appear to be five different cards like this.

What was the stated number of these made?

Fuddjcal 07-26-2012 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mighty bombjack (Post 1018911)
They have to be getting rarer intact, as card companies love to use these to make cut auto cards, a la this example

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2011-SP-LEGE...item2568c6e262

Between active and ended eBay auctions, there appear to be five different cards like this.

What was the stated number of these made?

Wow, nice find.

Fuddjcal 07-26-2012 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr2686 (Post 1018905)
Chuck, are you using any kind of UV glass on those photos?

Only a handful of my nicer photo's were framed with UV glass. The others in std frames. I did what Zipper suggested long ago and that's photo copy the pic, put it in a frame, then store the original. Before I did this, some faded and I just get rid of them. Now, I actually like the way the 8 1/2 X 11 photo's look better than the originals!!!!!

The one's with the UV Glass still look good despite taking a pretty decent daily baking in the California Sun!

jgmp123 07-31-2012 08:33 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I received my Salvino and had no trouble at all removing the cut. I am going to frame the cut with the rest of the 55' Dodgers...As for the Salvino itself, I am going to get a silver plate engraved to attach to bare spot...

Thoughts?