Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Naxcom.com: interesting concept (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=65062)

Archive 12-12-2003 07:21 AM

Naxcom.com: interesting concept

Posted By: <b>warshawlaw&nbsp; </b><p>Naxcom runs the only major shows in SoCal. They've had a web site for card and other stuff for quite some time. I just completed my first purchase there. Interesting idea. Naxcom has you pay via credit card and they escrow the funds for 2 weeks. They notify the seller of the sale and tell him to ship the card, with delivery confirmation. If you don't get it or if it is non-conforming, you report it to them within 2 weeks and they will not release the funds to the seller until the issues are resolved. They also have a stock market style bid and ask set up where you can offer a certain amount for the item you want and see if a seller will fill it. <BR><BR>It doesn't have the breadth of ebay, but it is a good idea worth exploring.

Archive 12-12-2003 08:55 AM

Posted By: <b>Anthony</b><p>I thought it was a good idea too (and they push it pretty hard at the HollyPark show) until I tried it. Bought a '58 Bell Brand I had been looking for and then emailed the seller 3 weeks later to ask when it would be shipped. Was told he had cancelled his account with them 6 months before and the card had been sold before that anyway, then the Naxcom guy tried really hard into having me leave my money in escrow for the next purchase. 2 weeks later they finally reversed the charge.<BR> I've found for the most part its a place dealers list items at prices they won't sell at. Good concept, but from my limited experience bad execution.

Archive 12-13-2003 07:54 AM

Posted By: <b>Tom Boblitt</b><p>2-3 Topps Heritage autos off there for a set I put together. I think the concept is good. I got fair prices on the auto's (1953 Reprints). I would be hesitant to buy a big ticket item on there. I think it is a better concept for the seller as they can see what the best buy price is out there for product--even before they list it.

Archive 04-28-2004 04:31 PM

Posted By: <b>RIch</b><p>This site is pretty cool. Although you cannot transact directly on the site, it allows you to post your cards which they call ads for free and it is unlimited. They monitor new members and monitor the new ads to make sure that there is no funny stuff. Letstradecards.com is a pretty cool site. Letstradecards.com is for those of us who are sick and tired of the new products that come out almost every week from the big name card companies. These game-used cards are misleading and people think that the cards are authentic but there is no certificate of authenticity to validate.<BR><BR>Letstradecards.com's got the right idea but will need to beat out Naxcom. Naxcom has essentially become a dealer's market place - Letstradecards.com has not and will not.

Archive 04-30-2004 04:25 PM

Posted By: <b>Dan Elsass</b><p>The prices of their vintage items are rediculous. Who would pay that much for the cards shown on there? Maybe I am seeing this thing all wrong... maybe not.

Archive 04-30-2004 04:36 PM

Posted By: <b>warshawlaw</b><p>I've found that the best way to deal on there is to make offers on what you like at prices you like. I've been pleasantly surprised a couple of times by people taking my offers.

Archive 04-30-2004 08:09 PM

Posted By: <b>DanElsass</b><p>I may give it a try. I thought the prices that were posted off to the right, were the asking prices...