Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Milwaukee Baseball Card Show February 13 (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=217913)

Tony Gordon 02-10-2016 10:16 PM

Milwaukee Baseball Card Show February 13

My monthly show in Milwaukee is coming up this Saturday, February 13, 2016, at the Clarion Hotel, 5311 S. Howell. It is a small show with 20 tables, mostly post-War vintage and autographs. If you are working on any post-War sets, you will find a terrific selection. The Clarion is easy to get to from anywhere in southeast Wisconsin and northeast Illinois.

62corvette 02-11-2016 02:22 PM

Would the times for the show be helpful?

Tony Gordon 02-11-2016 08:29 PM

9 a.m. to 3 p.m.

Rich Klein 02-12-2016 02:50 PM

I know we conversed -- but I'd love to have you come down to DFW some day -- and based on your blog -- between Leon and myself -- we'll get you to some great local hole in the walls.

Leon had me go to a hole in the wall, I think it was Vietnamese place a while back and dang if that was not the best version of what I ordered I ever had in my life

And we can help with the heavier things like BBQ and Tex Mex too ;)

Tony Gordon 03-02-2016 12:19 PM

Hey Rich, sorry it took me so long to respond. I am definitely interested in heading your way for a show. I just need to figure out a date. I eat just about anything... so I am looking forward to sampling your local restaurants. Also, I am always up for showing off my hometown of Chicago, in case you are in town for the National next year. There's some great restaurants just outside of Rosemont that most folks don't know about. Also, as you know from my blog, I've adopted Milwaukee as my second home (it's only an hour drive from Chicago). Maybe you would like to set up at my show there sometime. My next one is Saturday (March 5) at the Clarion Hotel, 5311 S. Howell. Milwaukee is a tremendous food town as well with fish frys and butter burgers. Thanks Leon for allowing me to post here about my show and I really appreciate all the Net54ers who come on out to my show every month. Thanks guys!

Rich Klein 03-02-2016 02:57 PM

I love the National in Chicago and hope to be there. It's really the current best spot for the show.

Got a combo 4 day Labor Day weekend show but it's split into 2 2 day shows which might actually work for an visitor from yourself. We had a long distance dealer last month who came by and was very impressed (He had real nice stuff and also made donations to my non-profit show which was doubly nice :) )

But we'd love to see you and your material

Rich

Leon 03-02-2016 03:02 PM

I got back into the hobby around 20 yrs ago from walking around a 15-20 table show in Ridgeview Mall in Allen Tx..I think it's called something else now..Smilin' Dave had binders of bicycle spoke hof rookies and I was hooked again, at around 34 yrs old.. Then I went back to pre-war from there.
Count me in as a huge supporter of card shows. Good luck to all of you small card show promoters!! (and large ones too, for that matter) We need more of you.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tony Gordon (Post 1510684)
Hey Rich, sorry it took me so long to respond. I am definitely interested in heading your way for a show. I just need to figure out a date. I eat just about anything... so I am looking forward to sampling your local restaurants. Also, I am always up for showing off my hometown of Chicago, in case you are in town for the National next year. There's some great restaurants just outside of Rosemont that most folks don't know about. Also, as you know from my blog, I've adopted Milwaukee as my second home (it's only an hour drive from Chicago). Maybe you would like to set up at my show there sometime. My next one is Saturday (March 5) at the Clarion Hotel, 5311 S. Howell. Milwaukee is a tremendous food town as well with fish frys and butter burgers. Thanks Leon for allowing me to post here about my show and I really appreciate all the Net54ers who come on out to my show every month. Thanks guys!