Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Basketball / Cricket / Tennis Cards Forum (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Usa! Usa! Usa! (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=233443)

nicknock-2013 01-06-2017 09:43 AM

Usa! Usa! Usa!

As an American, and as a hockey fan since my roller- ice hockey days in the Bronx there is nothing better than laying the humbling lumber on our our Canadian neighbors to the north.
Congrats to Team USA! I'd call that a sweet upset victory over Team Canada.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

nicknock-2013 01-06-2017 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nicknock-2013 (Post 1617717)
As an American, and as a hockey fan since my roller- ice hockey days in the Bronx there is nothing better than laying the humbling lumber on our our Canadian neighbors to the north.

nicknock-2013 01-06-2017 09:46 AM

I need an editor. USA should respectfully be capitalized. No disrespect intended.

irv 01-06-2017 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nicknock-2013 (Post 1617717)

That was a great game but hate how it ended.

Imo, it shouldn't have went to a shootout. Both sides fought and battled and both were out of gas so it's a shame it had to end the way it did.

Congrats to the U.S.

jim 01-07-2017 06:49 AM

Hockey

The one and only time during the hockey year when I like to see Don Cherry feel dejected. I can't wait to hear him tonight. Otherwise, he is an absolute treasure to watch.

RTK 01-07-2017 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jim (Post 1617961)
The one and only time during the hockey year when I like to see Don Cherry feel dejected. I can't wait to hear him tonight. Otherwise, he is an absolute treasure to watch.

LOL, I was thinking the same thing. It was one of the most entertaining games I've watched. So happy the US won...it wouldn't be much of a tournament if Canada won every year. I agree, too bad it had to end with a shootout.

The growth of hockey in the states is great, I hope it continues.

jim 01-07-2017 12:37 PM

growth

hockey is here to stay. with great young, responsible and mannered kids in Canada/USA/world playing the sport, the future is bright. for some reason, i don't mind the Habs winning the Cup but it would kill me to see the Leafs win it all.

irv 01-07-2017 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jim (Post 1617961)

Quote:

Originally Posted by RTK (Post 1618027)
LOL, I was thinking the same thing. It was one of the most entertaining games I've watched. So happy the US won...it wouldn't be much of a tournament if Canada won every year. I agree, too bad it had to end with a shootout.

The growth of hockey in the states is great, I hope it continues.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jim (Post 1618071)
hockey is here to stay. with great young, responsible and mannered kids in Canada/USA/world playing the sport, the future is bright. for some reason, i don't mind the Habs winning the Cup but it would kill me to see the Leafs win it all.

Glad to hear Hockey is gaining popularity south of the border. Of course I am biased but I believe it to be one of the best sports around.

Despite some peoples views of Don Cherry, their currently isn't a smarter man in hockey, imo. Wish some of the fools Cherry rants about would listen for a change.

nicknock-2013 01-08-2017 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by irv (Post 1618093)
Glad to hear Hockey is gaining popularity south of the border. Of course I am biased but I believe it to be one of the best sports around.

Despite some peoples views of Don Cherry, their currently isn't a smarter man in hockey, imo. Which some of the fools Cherry rants about would listen for a change.

Best game in the world. Can't really be appreciated until you've seen a game live and in person. Toughest athletes, yet humble and grounded for the most part. Loved playing. Miss it even at my tender age of 62. I'm afraid if I laced up a pair and took to the ice I'd certainly strain or worse yet break something.
Maybe some day the NHL Board of Governors will find the good sense to stop thinking like penny pinching meat heads the game will finally get it's due.

irv 01-09-2017 06:44 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by nicknock-2013 (Post 1618602)
Best game in the world. Can't really be appreciated until you've seen a game live and in person. Toughest athletes, yet humble and grounded for the most part. Loved playing. Miss it even at my tender age of 62. I'm afraid if I laced up a pair and took to the ice I'd certainly strain or worse yet break something.
Maybe some day the NHL Board of Governors will find the good sense to stop thinking like penny pinching meat heads the game will finally get it's due.

I agree, Nick. And to think these guys do this on skates, just takes it over the top for me!
I haven't been on skates now for 2 years. (I'm 52) Last year my son played Rep A Hockey for the Oshawa Minor Generals so I wasn't on the bench.

Previous years, being as I am an assistant coach/trainer, I was on at least once a week.
It was tough last year not being on the bench after all these years, but at the same time, it was nice to watch my son play with my full attention.
I am back on the bench again this year as an assistant coach/trainer for his Midget Hockey team but unfortunately there isn't any practices at this age so no ice for me again!. :(