Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Greatest Play in Baseball History? (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=81248)

Archive 06-01-2006 11:57 AM

Greatest Play in Baseball History?

Posted By: <b>Kevin Cummings</b><p>A college buddy of mine sent this to me today. It would have been slightly more appropriate for posting on Memorial Day, but nevertheless, copy and paste the address below into your browser and turn your speakers on.<br /><br />mms://a1503.v108692.c10869.g.vm.akamaistream.net/7/1503/10869/v0001/mlb.download.akamai.com/10869/library/open/features/monday_flag_350.wmv?media_type=wms&av_type=video&e vent_pk=486348&product=gen_video<br /><br /> <br /><br /><br />

Archive 06-01-2006 01:36 PM

Posted By: <b>Chris Counts</b><p>That was undoubtedly a heads-up play ... it certainly stands as the most patriotic play I've ever heard of ...

Archive 06-01-2006 02:12 PM

Posted By: <b>Ray</b><p>It's kind of sad to me that I just found about this play a few weeks ago. I fell in love with baseball at about the age of 7 and never looked back. From the time I was a kid, I would watch hours and hours of games (the ones we got in our non-cable household). Then when I got a place of my own at 18 I would literally watch hours and hours of baseball a week (and I still do - it drives the wife nuts!). In all the countless hours of baseball watching, baseball researching, baseball talking, etc. I never even heard of this play until a few weeks ago when MLB.com featured it on its home page. Taking into account my coming from a military family and being an active duty enlisted man myself that has to be my all time favorite baseball "play." Long live Rick Monday. Thanks for the video, it's going in my saved files.

Archive 06-01-2006 03:12 PM

Posted By: <b>Mike</b><p>Isn't it ironic to think that about 2 Million Americans have given their lives, so these two morons, have, what they think is their right to burn the American flag? Out of all the countries in the world, how many of them would have taken these two clowns, beaten them to a pulp, and then shot them on the spot? We live in a free country, where unfortunately, people also have the right to be idiots if they so choose. <br /><br />

Archive 06-01-2006 08:17 PM

Posted By: <b>Judge Dred (Fred)</b><p>That's a great clip. I remember when that happened.

Archive 06-01-2006 08:28 PM

Posted By: <b>Henry Eshelman</b><p>Thankg god Monday took it from those two punks. Kinda wish he smashed into them though.<br><br>Thanks, Henry Eshelman<br /><br />Website:www.freewebs.com/vintagebaseball

Archive 06-01-2006 08:41 PM

Posted By: <b>Joe D.</b><p>I never saw it. Didn't even know about it.<br /><br />Great stuff!<br /><br />

Archive 06-01-2006 09:34 PM

Posted By: <b>Bob</b><p>Those guys better have been glad it was Rick Monday and not Mike Curtis of the Colts out in the field. <br />Thanks for the link and video from all of us who realize that baseball not the NFL and surely to God not NASCAR is still the American Pastime.