Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Postwar Baseball Cards Forum (Pre-1980) (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Currently getting frauded eBay style (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=239202)

Rookiemonster 05-02-2017 07:04 PM

Currently getting frauded eBay style

The buyer is saying he didn't receive the item. The total cost of it is 12.50 free shipping. I sent it in a plain white envelope it was in a card saver and tape shut with duck tape. (It was not a card) so the buyer said he received the letter and the taped card saver even sent a picture. He says the item was not in the duct tape card saver and the envelope does not appear to be ripped except from were he opened it from. I'm sure it was in there and I'm pretty sure this guy is ripping me off for no reason.

Well is there anything I could do?

TheNightmanCometh 05-02-2017 07:09 PM

Honestly, there's really nothing you can do. If there's no tracking the neither eBay or PayPal will side with you on a dispute. USPS won't be much help either. Really, at the end of the day, it's the cost of doing business. If you don't do much business then I'd suggest charging for shipping and add tracking to your shipments.

savedfrommyspokes 05-02-2017 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheNightmanCometh (Post 1657365)
Honestly, there's really nothing you can do. If there's no tracking the neither eBay or PayPal will side with you on a dispute. USPS won't be much help either. Really, at the end of the day, it's the cost of doing business. If you don't do much business then I'd suggest charging for shipping and add tracking to your shipments.

+1, refund and block. then share the user ID here.

Rookiemonster 05-02-2017 07:49 PM

Thanks guys I figured as much. But he doesn't dispute that he revived the letter .i mean he sent a pic of it. And in the pic you can see that the tape has been peeled back.

JustinD 05-03-2017 08:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by savedfrommyspokes (Post 1657368)
+1, refund and block. then share the user ID here.

+1

Rookiemonster 05-03-2017 10:11 AM

Jakwarn.3hgphf is his user I'd. I sent him another item.i never sold a big ticket
Item on eBay before but after this I doubt I ever will. Talk about a bad taste in my mouth. I mean if your willing to lie cheat steal for 12.50. Idk let's see if gets this one.

smallpaul2002 05-03-2017 10:43 AM

Tracking is the only way to prevent this..Also even if the item is damaged tracking also covers the item for replacement value ( up to the amount you purchase insurance on the item for before sending)..Basically with no tracking, you have no recourse on the buyer, sorry to say.

pawpawdiv9 05-03-2017 01:35 PM

If you use one of those Priority Flat Rate boxes, they are insure for $50 free and delivery confirmation. That's what I use ALL the time.

TheNightmanCometh 05-04-2017 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rookiemonster (Post 1657375)
Thanks guys I figured as much. But he doesn't dispute that he revived the letter .i mean he sent a pic of it. And in the pic you can see that the tape has been peeled back.

I mean, if I was a complete POS, I would say the same thing as to get you off the scent that I just scammed you. Thankfully, my momma raised me to be an honest man. :D

Like I said before, invest in some small manilla envelopes, and charge roughly $2.75 to $3 for shipping. You may sell less cards, because people just love the free shipping, but you'll worry less.

ValKehl 05-09-2017 09:33 PM

Chris, it is my understanding that one gets $50 of free USPS insurance on ANY type of Priority Mail shipment, not just when the flat rate boxes are used. And, it is $100 of free insurance for an eBay sale with Priority Mail shipment.

jason.1969 05-17-2017 11:00 AM

I wouldn't let one bad experience scare you off. I had almost the same experience on my very first sale. However, no issues in my subsequent 50+ transactions. All were between $2 and $150, most around $5.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Rookiemonster 05-17-2017 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jason.1969 (Post 1662210)
I wouldn't let one bad experience scare you off. I had almost the same experience on my very first sale. However, no issues in my subsequent 50+ transactions. All were between $2 and $150, most around $5.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Thanks ! I sent him another and he left positive feed back so that's over with.
I listed a few random items recently nothing card related.but here is another funny thing a little while after that transaction I sold another item sent it and the buyer contacted me and said he received it postage due. So I reimbursed him and he still left me a neg and said that I did not respond or give refund. So that's another one I got jerked on.

mintacular 05-17-2017 01:12 PM

Comc

You might consider COMC, they do all the shipping/scanning for you, better site for low dollar items....

Exhibitman 05-17-2017 01:15 PM

Your mistake is shipping for free w/o tracking. Charge $3 and ship using eBay's postage option, or paypal's. They track automatically and eliminate this form of fraud.