Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Postwar Baseball Cards Forum (Pre-1980) (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   PSA Vs. SGC (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=227771)

SnkzBoyd 08-30-2016 07:59 AM

PSA Vs. SGC

Which company do you respect more for grading? I've noticed on eBay recently that PSA is selling for much higher on equivalent grades.

jchcollins 08-30-2016 08:07 AM

PSA Vs. SGC

In a nutshell, PSA is the largest, generally most respected, and "market leader" of all graders. There are a zillion different opinions on whether or not they really are the best, but PSA graded cards will pretty reliably sell for more $ on the whole every time in comparison to a card in the same grade graded by SGC or Beckett (at least BVG). My advice is that if you are collecting with investment in mind, stick with PSA. If (like me) you collect purely for enjoyment of the hobby and love of the game, I don't think you have to. I have a few graded cards from all of the companies, and in my experience the grading is pretty much on the money with all of them - though they all make mistakes. You will run across some collectors that put their cards only in SGC slabs because they like the black inserts, and others who claim that BVG's grading is horrible and cite examples where a BVG 7 crosses only to a PSA 5. I have not found that to be the case personally, but for some folks that collect only graded cards, the politics of the slabs almost becomes a hobby of it's own. To me, the question of which slab do you "respect" more based on accuracy is up in the air. PSA clearly has the edge as the organized hobby's favorite, I think. But in terms of the grades they actually give out, I've seen all 3 of the big companies make pretty large mistakes before. At the end of the day, a professionally graded card is still only based on someone's (or a few someone's) opinion and is still subjective. I learned how to grade cards in the late 1980's, a decade before the first professionally graded slabs were ever seen. If you learn to do that properly and realize the subjective nuances that can exist between people, you will have a lot more tolerance for variances in professionally graded cards, I think. But again that advice is better spent on someone that collects for fun and not with the hopes of one day cashing in only PSA 8 or above cards to pay for retirement. Just some random thoughts...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Neal 08-30-2016 08:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SnkzBoyd (Post 1578869)
Which company do you respect more for grading? I've noticed on eBay recently that PSA is selling for much higher on equivalent grades.

PSA has always outperformed SGC prices for postwar cards, especially commons due to the number of set registry collectors.

SGC has always been consistent with grading, in my opinion. PSA has apparently tightened the consistency screw in recent years, and that consistent grading is evident in the marketplace. Both companies have their share of mistakes as well.

When you take everything into consideration (grading, customer service, holders, website, etc) I give the nod to PSA.

DBesse27 08-30-2016 09:28 AM

I give the overall nod to PSA, slightly, and in terms of investment value it's PSA in a landslide, regardless of whether it should be or not. With all that said, I think SGC does a good job and I like their holders. They're pretty good too.

Exhibitman 08-30-2016 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jchcollins (Post 1578874)
In a nutshell, PSA is the largest, generally most respected, and "market leader" of all graders. There are a zillion different opinions on whether or not they really are the best, but PSA graded cards will pretty reliably sell for more $ on the whole every time in comparison to a card in the same grade graded by SGC or Beckett (at least BVG). My advice is that if you are collecting with investment in mind, stick with PSA. If (like me) you collect purely for enjoyment of the hobby and love of the game, I don't think you have to. I have a few graded cards from all of the companies, and in my experience the grading is pretty much on the money with all of them - though they all make mistakes. You will run across some collectors that put their cards only in SGC slabs because they like the black inserts, and others who claim that BVG's grading is horrible and cite examples where a BVG 7 crosses only to a PSA 5. I have not found that to be the case personally, but for some folks that collect only graded cards, the politics of the slabs almost becomes a hobby of it's own. To me, the question of which slab do you "respect" more based on accuracy is up in the air. PSA clearly has the edge as the organized hobby's favorite, I think. But in terms of the grades they actually give out, I've seen all 3 of the big companies make pretty large mistakes before. At the end of the day, a professionally graded card is still only based on someone's (or a few someone's) opinion and is still subjective. I learned how to grade cards in the late 1980's, a decade before the first professionally graded slabs were ever seen. If you learn to do that properly and realize the subjective nuances that can exist between people, you will have a lot more tolerance for variances in professionally graded cards, I think. But again that advice is better spent on someone that collects for fun and not with the hopes of one day cashing in only PSA 8 or above cards to pay for retirement. Just some random thoughts...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Very well said, er, written.

SnkzBoyd 08-30-2016 09:57 AM

Thanks. I was looking at a 52 Berk Ross on ebay and there is a decently priced Sgc 84/7 but I see the the PSA 7 has gone for $200+ more than the sgc recently. Seemed a big gap to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

vintagetoppsguy 08-30-2016 10:28 AM

If you're grading the cards for your own personal collection, go with whichever one you find more aesthetically pleasing. Some cards look better in PSA slabs, some look better in SGC slabs.

If you're grading to re-sell, the edge goes to PSA. Their slabs realize higher prices.

If you're looking to buy cards already graded, go with SGC. They're grading is more consistent and their cards sell for less than they're PSA counterparts.

bnorth 08-30-2016 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vintagetoppsguy (Post 1578918)
If you're grading the cards for your own personal collection, go with whichever one you find more aesthetically pleasing. Some cards look better in PSA slabs, some look better in SGC slabs.

If you're grading to re-sell, the edge goes to PSA. They're slabs realize higher prices.

If you're looking to buy cards already graded, go with SGC. They're grading is more consistent and their cards sell for less than they're PSA counterparts.

^Exactly what David wrote.^ The only thing I can add is if you are buying raw to get graded to resell. Wait till you are selling to see what companies cards sell for the most then. A quick flip would 100% be PSA now.

dio 08-30-2016 10:50 AM

For cards I'm not planning to sell: SGC
If planning for resell PSA

I personally likes SGC holder, people say newer PSA grades tougher. i think it is to some degree, I still see weak card in newer serial number as well. you can also find strong card in SGC holder in same grade at a discount

customer service: SGC hands down and more consistent in grading.

jchcollins 08-30-2016 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exhibitman (Post 1578900)
Very well said, er, written.

Thanks. :-)

jchcollins 08-30-2016 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SnkzBoyd (Post 1578910)
Thanks. I was looking at a 52 Berk Ross on ebay and there is a decently priced Sgc 84/7 but I see the the PSA 7 has gone for $200+ more than the sgc recently. Seemed a big gap to me.

Sounds about right to me. I don't have any empirical evidence, but especially I think with more obscure sets (like Berk Ross) it's not uncommon to see the comprable SGC card priced reasonably, and the PSA card a good deal higher.

tschock 08-30-2016 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jchcollins (Post 1578930)
Sounds about right to me. I don't have any empirical evidence, but especially I think with more obscure sets (like Berk Ross) it's not uncommon to see the comprable SGC card priced reasonably, and the PSA card a good deal higher.

Hmmmm... The idea that PSA is a good deal higher for more obscure sets and slightly higher for 'common' sets would give quite a bit of credence to the idea that biggest draw for PSA graded cards is the registry and not necessarily the grading. Obviously 1 or 2 cards doesn't prove this, but if the trend is there, it would be a good indication that the registry is the main driver of this, and the higher prices garnered is a side effect of the registry rush.

jchcollins 08-30-2016 12:49 PM

Again, I have no proof per se - but just saying if a card or group of cards from a particular set is less commonly available than others, in general I would expect the PSA graded cards to sell for more than SGC.

Bcwcardz 08-30-2016 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tschock (Post 1578936)
Hmmmm... The idea that PSA is a good deal higher for more obscure sets and slightly higher for 'common' sets would give quite a bit of credence to the idea that biggest draw for PSA graded cards is the registry and not necessarily the grading. Obviously 1 or 2 cards doesn't prove this, but if the trend is there, it would be a good indication that the registry is the main driver of this, and the higher prices garnered is a side effect of the registry rush.

I do believe the registry is the main driver of PSA graded cards. A very smart move by PSA to have people grade cards they otherwise wouldnt. When you have something where people compete just to say they have the best you will have fierce competition. Cards that were irrelevant have now become relevant. As long as PSA has a registry they will always be the most popular. Popular doesnt always mean the best though, that like grading is subjective.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

mattjc1983 08-30-2016 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neal (Post 1578875)
PSA has always outperformed SGC prices for postwar cards, especially commons due to the number of set registry collectors.

SGC has always been consistent with grading, in my opinion. PSA has apparently tightened the consistency screw in recent years, and that consistent grading is evident in the marketplace. Both companies have their share of mistakes as well.

When you take everything into consideration (grading, customer service, holders, website, etc) I give the nod to PSA.

I admittedly haven't worked with them personally, but I was under the impression that PSA customer service is virtually non-existent? For instance , they don't respond to questions about obvious fakes/forgeries, or really don't even acknowledge they exist? Is there truth to that allegation?

swarmee 08-31-2016 04:52 AM

Is it really customer service if you're not a customer? They do respond to their customers (submitters), but it has been slow and annoying (for thing like trying to get mislabeled cards fixed. Their customer service people aren't really "card" people and have the knowledge to answer your questions. Those people have to send them up the chain, in my experience.

The Registry Set team is actually very responsive and knows more about cards.

vintagetoppsguy 08-31-2016 05:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by swarmee (Post 1579216)
Is it really customer service if you're not a customer?

:rolleyes:

Uhhh, yeah. Customer service is not only for customers, it's for potential customers too. That's not just true of PSA, it's true of any business.

bswhiten 08-31-2016 06:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mattjc1983 (Post 1579184)
I admittedly haven't worked with them personally, but I was under the impression that PSA customer service is virtually non-existent? For instance , they don't respond to questions about obvious fakes/forgeries, or really don't even acknowledge they exist? Is there truth to that allegation?

IMO it depends on who you are working with for customer service. Like any other company they run the gamut from not so good to amazing. They do respond to fakes and overgrades quite well. I have been compensated (vouchers) for fake cards that were slabbed. And I have an overgrade case with them right now that customer service has been awesome to work with.

Exhibitman 08-31-2016 07:23 AM

If SGC cards sell for substantially less in the same condition why not buy the SGC cards? Seems like a deal to me. You can always cross them over. I purchased an SGC card in 2015 for 40% less than a comparable PSA card, crossed it to PSA and sold it for a multiple of what I paid for it. Seems like a viable hole to exploit in the system.

RayBShotz 08-31-2016 07:40 AM

The folks at PSA Customer Service who answer the phones are good people. They honestly try to do everything that is in their power to please the customer. (be prepared, though, for a 20-30 minute wait to get through).

Problem there is that Customer Service is a pretty black and white position with little or no "empowerment". You will be told cold hard facts (often those which are posted in the website updates anyhow which they regurgitate) and no reasonable conjecture. They also do not have any power to influence what's going on behind the curtain.
If you are looking for them to do so, you're expectations of them are too high. If you force them into conjecture like "when do you THINK my grades will pop?", the answer is purely a guess.
They have no additional insight that they are withholding, just what the computer tells them.
It is very, very rare for the average customer to be able to "get past the front door".
You are dealing with the PSA machine, a division of a publicly traded company.
It's all about revenue.
They can't count the money fast enough.

If you want personal service call SGC. Someone will pick up the phone. It's an itty bitty little company now fractured into tiny pieces most of which are hunkered down in FL. The product is great, I love the product, but you have to question the end game.

At the Nationals, there was a stark differentiation. PSA had 10 or 12 intake CS Reps handling enormous lines of customers open to close every day of the Show. It was like the ice cream stand on the first 90 degree day of the summer season. SGC booth, by contrast, had 1 or 2 intake people and no lines (customers).

In the end, we know exactly what we will get and we make a choice.
RayB

Pilot172000 02-04-2017 10:42 AM

I just finished reading "The Card" about Gretzky/McNall Wagner and Mastro. It was very eye opening for me. I'm not one to base all my opinion on one book but it did State some ominous stuff about PSA. I sent all my T206 cards that I plan to keep to SGC because I like the way they look. Beckett was mentioned as being brutally honest which is the reason I have kept my Nolan Ryan stuff in BVG. SGC needs to do a better job on their registry and pop report. They are hard to navigate but their service is second to none. BVG has nice holders but I hate having to deal with them. I don't buy cards because of holders. I buy them because I like the way they look and how they fit in my personal collection.

jchcollins 02-04-2017 01:55 PM

I still find it interesting that David Hall and PSA were never held more accountable for the fiasco surrounding that card. You can't tell me that they didn't have any suspicion at all that it was trimmed. The encapsulation of that Wagner basically means that the start of their graded card business - or at least from the time when they started putting cards in slabs - is a big fraud. The hobby moved on and now PSA is the hottest thing going in grading, but look at the charges of favoritism shown in grading to large dealers, or how their standards - admittedly even by fanboy collectors - seem to change from time to time? I think that all goes back in some way to the fact that PSA as a company doesn't have a great track record with honesty and consistency - from the very beginning.

It may have something to do with the fact that there are investors and then there are collectors - and interestingly enough, companies like SGC seem to have a reputation as being more consistent and fair among those that would consider themselves collectors first and foremost.

Pilot172000 02-05-2017 04:15 PM

I'm an collector not an investor. I've never owned a T206 over a 4. I don't collect based on value and have always gotten bitten when I attempted to buy that way. I have had a ton of cards graded by all three and really find that it's about preference. I started with SGC then moved to the others before coming back home to SGC. Customer Service and Integrity go a long way with me. I don't want anyone doing me any favors with the grades. If it's a three it's a three. If it comes back a 4 or 5 I'll know and that takes the fun out of it.

Jsquared123 02-06-2017 09:58 AM

I agree with the general sentiment on the board for sure. I think the reason why SGC has become more notable for pre-war cards is that their holder just looks way better without all that empty space for the smaller than standard cards back then. Also, and maybe this is just a personal preference, but I think cards with a lot of color, like the '53 Topps set just pop a lot more with the black holder. Just my very personal opinion but I think aesthetics is a bigger factor and has kept SGC in the game for as long as they have been.

jchcollins 02-06-2017 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jsquared123 (Post 1627969)
I agree with the general sentiment on the board for sure. I think the reason why SGC has become more notable for pre-war cards is that their holder just looks way better without all that empty space for the smaller than standard cards back then. Also, and maybe this is just a personal preference, but I think cards with a lot of color, like the '53 Topps set just pop a lot more with the black holder. Just my very personal opinion but I think aesthetics is a bigger factor and has kept SGC in the game for as long as they have been.

Agree with you. I have a '56 Topps Ted Williams in an SGC slab. It's only a 3, but the colors really pop, and it looks awesome with that black insert.

ChiSoxTony 02-15-2017 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by swarmee (Post 1579216)
Is it really customer service if you're not a customer? They do respond to their customers (submitters), but it has been slow and annoying (for thing like trying to get mislabeled cards fixed. Their customer service people aren't really "card" people and have the knowledge to answer your questions. Those people have to send them up the chain, in my experience.

The Registry Set team is actually very responsive and knows more about cards.

I agree with most of the positives said about PSA. However, I also agree with the comments about their customer service being poor.

I contacted them recently when I signed up for my membership and received an autograph book instead of the PSA shirt that was supposed to come with my membership. The website even had me go through picking out the size of the shirt. (This was NOT really a big deal, but my I had given last year's shirt to my wife and told her she was a PSA 10. I told her another shirt was on the way when I renewed my membership only to find an autograph book in the mail, so I was a little bummed out.) I emailed and called them. Over a month passed with no response. I never received a return call at all. Then I got an email saying that I had received the book and not the shirt because I renewed my membership after 8/1/16. I told them that simply checking my credit card statement proved that I renewed on 7/26, and that their records should also reflect this as the date of payment. I received absolutely no further correspondence from them. Two weeks later I got the shirt in the mail. They ultimately solved my issue, which was not a big deal to begin with, but their initial response was unacceptably slow and incorrect, despite the fact that the date on which I paid was very easy to validate on their part. This is just one of several similar interactions that I've had with their customer service department. The impression I get is that they are understaffed and that there is culture that is based at least to some degree on saving a buck as opposed to pleasing and keeping customers. They are making TONS of money off of us and some of it should be put into improving their customer service. As for now, I'm still a member of the registry and they'll still be getting my money because I appreciate their product.

Buster#1 05-17-2018 12:37 AM

One thing i can tell everyone out there is psa is dishonest.. very.
As far as psa grading...track history of psa card graded card...if its a big time collector or a big shot as opposed to a regular collector chances are 90 percent that the psa card is over graded.
Sgc doesn't pull that crap they are legitimate

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Hammerin'Hank 05-17-2018 08:50 AM

The only time I submit to PSA is through a dealer who do bulk submissions. I've only done it twice when I was trying to flip some cards.

When I'm sending in cards that I want to keep in my collection its SGC all the way.

jchcollins 05-17-2018 10:51 AM

Everyone makes mistakes. The charges of favoritism to folks like 4 Sharp Corners or other large dealers on behalf of PSA is something different, however. I don't know if there is enough evidence to prove anything yet on a grand scale, but I have seen examples on other threads here, where an otherwise sharp card with a light wrinkle or barely perceptible crease or something like that gets a 6 when it goes through a large dealer and maybe a 3 or 4 when submitted by Joe Blow collector. That kind of thing is glaring.

My larger problem with PSA however is the inconsistency in grading standards over the years. Look at a grouping of vintage PSA 5's from the 1999-2003-ish era vs. those graded in the last two years and tell me if you think that on the whole the older slabs were held to the same standard?

Buster#1 08-07-2018 12:12 AM

I will wager anything
Bring your psa grader and I will break out 5 psa 8s and 5 sgc 88s they won't be able to tell which is which.
I'd give 10000 dollars to your charity of choice if u can tell...psa grader

Buster#1 08-08-2018 11:56 PM

Again I write...I ask any psa grader to challenge my cards...vintage.
I tried to cross a few sgc cards that were once in psa 8 holders and were crossed to sgc 88s. A ton of cards the owner had of these types of cards who was not a psa fan and money was no problem had a 40 percent success rate in crossing psa 8s to sgc 88s.
I tried to cross a few of these sgc 88s back to psa 8s that were once in psa 8 holders w no luck.
What does that tell us?
I said I'd give a donation of 10000 dollars to your charity of choice if I broke out 5 or 30 of my sgc cards and psa cards all 88s and 8s of the same yr and same make.
I'd even bump it to 15000 to your charity of choice.
SIDS is my favorite charity
No grader from psa can do this and wont because my sgcs are nicer than my psa 8s except for my ruth cards

swarmee 08-09-2018 05:00 AM

You come off as a drunk guy when you post at 1am in these diatribes. I'm not sure anyone cares about your challenge.

Johnny630 08-09-2018 08:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buster#1 (Post 1802082)
Again I write...I ask any psa grader to challenge my cards...vintage.
I tried to cross a few sgc cards that were once in psa 8 holders and were crossed to sgc 88s. A ton of cards the owner had of these types of cards who was not a psa fan and money was no problem had a 40 percent success rate in crossing psa 8s to sgc 88s.
I tried to cross a few of these sgc 88s back to psa 8s that were once in psa 8 holders w no luck.
What does that tell us?
I said I'd give a donation of 10000 dollars to your charity of choice if I broke out 5 or 30 of my sgc cards and psa cards all 88s and 8s of the same yr and same make.
I'd even bump it to 15000 to your charity of choice.
SIDS is my favorite charity
No grader from psa can do this and wont because my sgcs are nicer than my psa 8s except for my ruth cards

You weren’t the only one who got destroyed on crossovers and reviews at the National. PSA may and I say may bump your lowest value card. They have bricks so stingie right now they’re not gonna cross 80’s in other holders. Lessons learned, I’ll wait.

bn2cardz 08-09-2018 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by swarmee (Post 1802104)
You come off as a drunk guy when you post at 1am in these diatribes. I'm not sure anyone cares about your challenge.

All the behavior is weird. Shows up 3 months ago and resurrects 2 old threads and starts another all regarding SGC v PSA. Then comes back 3 months later to do it again.

Buster#1 08-10-2018 11:37 PM

That's comical
I work nights and I dont drink
My point is...
I'd break out let's say 15 sgc 88s and 15 psa 8s all pre war and the same year and make
I bet anyone in the hobby that they could not tell which ones are which.i
I believe the psa 8s are not far more inferior but of less quality than my sgc 88s
I have cards in both holders. I look at them w a loupe and still don't know why people think psa 8s pre war are nicer
If u dont have a clue, it's obvious that psa gave bumps to big shots and great customers....not sure they do anymore but I bet they do if card is already in a psa holder

Buster#1 08-10-2018 11:43 PM

2 of the largest card holders in the world
One has passed and one is still alive wont have anything to do w psa
The one who passed was a filthy rich man
He wanted honest cards and the other is the same way.. heritage owns half of psa
U dont think they get bumps

Buster#1 08-10-2018 11:47 PM

If u r that ignorant
Heritage sells cards for people, obviously
But they also own a ton of stuff that they buy from collectors
I know several people that sell to them
Do I need to spell it out.... heritage owns half of psa.
Nobody knows that

Buster#1 08-10-2018 11:53 PM

A slight conflict of interest
Miller brewing co. Cant own distribution centers...they have to sell to them
Illegal to own a distributorship
How can heritage own half of psa when they are selling memorabilia graded by PSA
A half grade can be tens of thousands of dollars for a ruth card

Buster#1 08-11-2018 12:13 AM

I'm sorry if my posts come off a little off
I'm old but have been collecting for 50 yrs
I know how to grade cards.
I don't know much about post 1969 cards absolutely nothing
I only collect vintage cards
Football basketball baseball and hockey
I know sgc is more fair..that's all and I have cards graded by both companies to prove it

Buster#1 08-11-2018 12:41 AM

So again I ask psa's top grader to determine which cards are better
I will break out 20 sgc 88s and 20 psa 8s
Same yr and same maker...put them in front of grader
He or she will not be able to tell me which is which
I bet my sgc cards will be selected as higher end collectibles

rats60 08-11-2018 05:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buster#1 (Post 1802665)
If u r that ignorant
Heritage sells cards for people, obviously
But they also own a ton of stuff that they buy from collectors
I know several people that sell to them
Do I need to spell it out.... heritage owns half of psa.
Nobody knows that

Collectors Universe, the parent of PSA, is a publicly held company. They are traded on the NASDAQ. There are no secret owners. Please continue with your midnight drunk posting. It gives us all a lot of laughs.

Republicaninmass 08-11-2018 06:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rats60 (Post 1802678)
Collectors Universe, the parent of PSA, is a publicly held company. They are traded on the NASDAQ. There are no secret owners. Please continue with your midnight drunk posting. It gives us all a lot of laughs.

And if you would please
Continue to use format
Properly haikus

swarmee 08-11-2018 07:37 AM

Doesn't Beckett Grading
Own Goodwin?
The Mind Boggles.

JollyElm 08-11-2018 01:24 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 325415

Buster#1 08-11-2018 02:49 PM

Is there a psa card grader out there that can tell me which cards are of higher quality
I have sgs 88s and psa 8s same year same card maker....pre war
I will break out cards from both holders
No doubt that the sgcs are better which is why psa wont dare to try and tell me which cards are psa 8s... sgc grades just as tough if not tougher on pre war but psa would never admit that

Peter_Spaeth 08-11-2018 03:08 PM

If anything, Heritage has a close connection to SGC because their VP of Sports Auctions used to grade there. But the conspiracy theories are just that in any event. Obviously you prefer SGC and that's fine they have much merit, but your posts aren't exactly going to convince anyone who feels otherwise, or who likes both companies.

Buster#1 08-11-2018 05:49 PM

Theres a guy that works for rea that worked for sgc
I believe his name is mitch
Are u thinking about him

Peter_Spaeth 08-11-2018 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buster#1 (Post 1802886)
Theres a guy that works for rea that worked for sgc
I believe his name is mitch
Are u thinking about him

No I am talking about Derek and to be clear I am not suggesting any impropriety at all, just pointing out a fact. But if you want to talk about REA, the owner himself used to work at SGC back in the day.

Buster#1 08-11-2018 10:26 PM

Fair enough

Buster#1 08-11-2018 10:32 PM

I dont necessarily prefer sgc. I just have a hard time paying much more for psa graded cards that are not better. In most cases they are inferior. But to complete this extremely rare set, I have to buy both. I only buy 8s or 88s if possible. I am not saying psa is inferior in all areas
I think they are better in post war memorabilia but not in pre...I have the cards to prove it.