Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   9.11.11 - 10 Years Later (A Tribute) (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=141582)

canjond 09-10-2011 11:21 PM

9.11.11 - 10 Years Later (A Tribute)

http://www.wallpaperweb.org/wallpape..._1440x1080.jpg

"For America"

Since this nation was founded under God,
more than 200 years ago,
We have been the bastion of freedom,
the light that keeps the free world aglow.

We do not covet the possessions of others;
We are blessed with the bounty we share.
We have rushed to help other nations;
anything...anytime...anywhere.

War is just not our nature,
We won't start but we will end the fight.
If we are involved,
We shall be resolved.
To protect what we know is right.

We have been challenged by a cowardly foe,
Who strikes and then hides from our view.
With one voice we say,
We have no choice today,
There is only one thing to do.

Everyone is saying the same thing and praying,
That we end these senseless moments we are living.
As our fathers did before,
We shall win this unwanted war,
And our children will enjoy the future we'll be giving.

- Cardinals announcer Jack Buck

Leon 09-11-2011 08:06 AM

thanks

Thanks for posting Jon.

We will never forget.

Wite3 09-11-2011 08:22 AM

Never forget. Thanks Jon.

Joshua Levine

39special 09-11-2011 09:30 AM

God bless america!!!

kkkkandp 09-11-2011 10:08 AM

9 11 Memorial Service

1 Attachment(s)
Our town lost two residents that day. We had our 11th remembrance service for them this year - the last 8 have been at the memorial built in their honor. It's an award-winning design where at exactly 8:46 AM on September 11 rays from the sun shine through a small, round aperture at the top of the solid slab and illuminate a piece of metal girder from the twin towers that is embedded in the walkway. Lots of tears there every year.

joebrandon1977 09-11-2011 01:43 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Thought I'd share this - I was on the Observation level of the WTC on Aug 25, 2001, just 18 days prior to 9/11.

Just a reminder how precious and fragile life can be.

Brian Van Horn 09-11-2011 02:11 PM

One footnote to this is that Cliff Robertson, who passed away yesterday was flying directly over the twin towers on 9/11 (wikipedia listing) when the first plane hit. He received an order, as did everyone else who was in the air that morning, to land his plane immediately.

novakjr 09-11-2011 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brian Van Horn (Post 924481)
One footnote to this is that Cliff Robertson, who passed away yesterday was flying directly over the twin towers on 9/11 (wikipedia listing) when the first plane hit. He received an order, as did everyone else who was in the air that morning, to land his plane immediately.

How's that for bunching up important dates in one's life? Born Sept. 9th-flying over WTC when the attacks hit on Sept. 11th. Died on Sept. 10th.

Brian Van Horn 09-11-2011 05:23 PM

novakjr,

I was thinking about that when I posted, because the Military channel was Showing "PT109" on Friday, which-little coincidence-was Robertson's birthday.

Still, I do not want to digress any further than Robertson's connection to 9/11.

novakjr 09-11-2011 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brian Van Horn (Post 924513)
novakjr,

I was thinking about that when I posted, because the Military channel was Showing "PT109" on Friday, which-little coincidence-was Robertson's birthday.

Still, I do not want to digress any further than Robertson's connection to 9/11.

Me neither. I just never noticed it before, and found it interesting..

calvindog 09-11-2011 06:27 PM

Jon, thanks for posting that.

tedzan 09-11-2011 07:51 PM

9-11-2001

Thanks Jon

A long time friend of mine lost his son in the North tower that day.

My older daughter and her neighbor were watching TV that morning when the towers fell; and, her neighbor knew at that tragic moment that she
would never see her husband again.

My wife and I were at the south Jersey shore that day and we saw the long cloud of heavy smoke emanating from a distant New York skyline over
the Atlantic. That afternoon, driving west on Interstate 195, it was very, very eerie.....as all the way to Trenton there were no cars on this major
hi-way. It was a very strange feeling to be the only ones driving on the road for approx. 40 miles.

GOD BLESS AMERICA.

TED Z

Jcfowler6 09-11-2011 08:01 PM

Jon,

Thanks for posting this. Today was the day I close this chapter of my life, finally.

I was at Fort Polk, LA flying an UAV. We had to land it immediately. We knew we were going to war within hours. We just knew.

I remember standing outside trying to make sense of what just happened. Having some quiet time with God. A beautiful blue butterfly came and fluttered all around me. I was calmed and knew things would go on, it gave me a peace.

January 5th my 4th child was born and on Jan 10th I headed for Kuwait and soon after into Iraq the night the war began. I was able to come home 8 months later and reunite with my family and get to know my little buddy Michael.

God bless America! Thanks for being something normal to go to on a daily bases net54baseball community.

Jon