Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Beware this seller selling E90-1 Joe Jackson... (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=178778)

CaramelMan 11-14-2013 02:48 PM

Beware this seller selling E90-1 Joe Jackson...

Saw this new auction on Ebay for a .99 cent starting bid Joe Jackson E90...this same PSA 1 (same cert) was "sold" by the same seller in August this year with Best Offer

i emailed him and asked him why its up again...here are the responses i got in order:

"How could I have sold it in August if I'm selling it right now? I've owned this card for quite some time now. I have too many nice cards and it's time to unload a little.

- jcl1336"

then i minute later:
"Ps: I owned 2 of these. I sold the other one which you are referring to"

then i said it has the same cert #: his responses:

"Jesus man, then it obviously wasn't sold. I sold another one and maybe I pulled this one from sale. Who knows. Whats your point? I'm selling it now. Annoying unnessesary emails. Either bid or don't, but enough with the 99 questions..

- jcl1336"

then 1 minute after that another message:

"I'm sorry but "Get A Clue". This happens all the time. People are entitled to change their mind on items they own. Now I am relisting it. I that so hard to understand? Now please stop emailing me. You are not allowed to bid because something tells me you are a very difficult buyer. The kind that always has an issue with something. So please, there are several other Jackson's to choose from. Look elsewhere."

so ive been blocked from this auction because i asked 2 very simple, straightfoward questions...and still never got an answer...

so either this is a stolen acct, or this guy is trying to pull a fast one...

be very careful!

some way to treat a potential buyer with an obvious question that anyone who wants this card would ask...

nsaddict 11-14-2013 03:06 PM

And he also has this in the listing:

Auction is for Immediate PayPal payment only! No more, "Can I pay you next week?" bidders. Payment with PayPal to Confirmed Addresses. If you can't follow these rules, then Please Please Don't Bid. I just want an easy transaction with an honest buyer who Really wants this card. No Exceptions. Thank you!!!

And the feedback he left for the buyer:

Pleasure to work with!! Enjoy the card and thanks for the fast payment!!! Buyer: i***m ( 318Teal star icon for feedback score in between 100 to 499) Jun-26-13 15:46
1909 E90-1 American Caramel JOE JACKSON PSA 1 PR. 104 Year Old Rookie Card! (#290925113757) --
Positive feedback rating Thank you for the fast payment and great communication!!

http://tinyurl.com/mbcb68u

Cardboard Junkie 11-14-2013 03:30 PM

The seller might be a jerk, but it is a nice looking 1. He is 100% + feedback, and you would have ebay buyer protection. If you need Jackson that one might be a bargain....$hitty pics is his bad though.

MattyC 11-14-2013 03:41 PM

Back when he was asking like 10k for it, I made an offer exactly in line with VCP pricing.

He then (quite rudely) told me he had offers for both 7k and $7777.77. He said he wasn't going below $8750. I doubt those offers were real, as it is now up for auction.

In the end, I looked elsewhere-- and wound up finding a 1.5 for much less than he wanted for the 1.

He also told me, and this is a verbatim quote:

"I'm going to let you know when it sells and the price I got and laugh at you."

Seeing as there is a nicer "1" with a BIN of $6975 up on ebay right now, I don't see this one fetching $8750, or 7K, or $7777.

CaramelMan 11-14-2013 03:53 PM

His dishonesty in regards to the last "sale" of this card is very troublesome. A simple buyer backed out would be believable. Not his lies.

MattyC 11-14-2013 03:57 PM

Scott,

It's a shame you can no longer get that Shoeless CJ PSA 2 for 12.5K; I believe it sold very, very recently at LOTG Auctions for 8250.

Sean1125 11-14-2013 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MattyC (Post 1206920)
Back when he was asking like 10k or something crazy for it, I made an offer exactly in line with VCP pricing.

He then told me he had offers for both 7k and $7777.77. He said he wasn't going below $8750. I doubt those offers were real, as it is now up for auction.

In the end, I looked elsewhere-- and wound up finding a 1.5 for much less than he wanted for his 1!

He also told me, and this is a verbatim quote:

"I'm going to let you know when it sells and the price I got and laugh at you."

Seeing as there is a nicer "1" with a BIN of $6975 up on ebay right now, I don't see this one fetching $8750, or the phantom 7K, or $7777, LOL.

I remember that... I had a pretty nice conversation with him too.... Somewhere in my e-bay messages,

MattyC 11-14-2013 04:01 PM

Sean-- THANKS AGAIN for finding me that SHOELESS RC 1.5! Scott, if you are looking for a Shoeless, Sean was a tremendous help and is always a pleasure to deal with.

Also, Sean-- we gotta rap soon about that other internet thing.

CaramelMan 11-14-2013 04:09 PM

Pictures

When you are a seller, Who takes pictures of expensive cards like that???

Doesn't add up.....why not tell the truth about the previous sale of the card...

MattyC 11-14-2013 04:12 PM

So feedback was left for the last buyer of the card-- yet it is being resold? Unless it was returned after purchase, it does not make sense.

In fact it makes equal (or less) sense as those scans. Yet perhaps that is too harsh-- I'll say that if the seller does not have a scanner, he apparently did do his best to convey as complete and accurate a sense of the card as possible.

Cardboard Junkie 11-14-2013 05:26 PM

To Matty C I respectfully disagree. The other psa1 is an inferior card and the one in question is much nicer. Less creasing, better centering, stronger corners, and the surface, (even with bad pics) appears cleaner and with less staining, also the name "Jackson" isn't distorted.And the registration is slightly better (Not as much "Lipstick look") What about the other Jackson do you see that is better? Dave.:)

Cardboard Junkie 11-14-2013 05:52 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Jackson "A" Top
Jackson "B" Bottom ( I think this one is much nicer)
(pics borrowed from eby)

MattyC 11-14-2013 07:25 PM

To me the tear/rip tips it in favor of the other "1," but both are surely nice cards for the grade. Both solid 1s.

glynparson 11-15-2013 03:03 AM

i prefer

the top (A) example of the two.

glchen 11-15-2013 07:07 AM

I've never purchased from this seller before, but I think he legitimately has these cards. I've followed him before because he tends to sell high end stuff, and seen some of his purchases (before ebay blocked this out). I think he does have this stuff.

Leon 11-15-2013 02:29 PM

And the seller just PM'd me (guess he's a board member) and threatened to ask his lawyer what he can do. Well, I could tell him what to do but instead just said..

"I love it when people talk all legalese to me.....it makes me warm all over. Good luck.
regards
leon"

MattyC 11-15-2013 02:47 PM

Lol.

calvindog 11-15-2013 02:56 PM

Lots of lawyers lining up for this case.

Leon 11-15-2013 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by calvindog (Post 1207132)

Don't laugh. I gave him your number :)..

calvindog 11-15-2013 03:06 PM

I'm sending him to Peter.

tbob 11-15-2013 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by calvindog (Post 1207132)

Any lawyer even looking in to this has way too much time on his hands.

Leon 11-15-2013 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tbob (Post 1207153)
Any lawyer even looking in to this has way too much time on his hands.

Tbob- I am sure Jeff is being very sarcastic. The guy should have asked me what to do instead of saying he was going to ask his lawyer if I didn't do something about it.

MattyC 11-15-2013 03:51 PM

What to do is speak to potential customers with civility and warmth. Such a simple concept!

Leon 11-15-2013 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MattyC (Post 1207164)
What to do is speak to potential customers with civility and warmth. Such a simple concept!

From what I have seen in this situation, I don't think the seller is doing anything fraudulent. He is not handling the issue the correct way though. He should have come on here and gave his side. It makes sense, actually, from the email he sent me. But the legal threats aren't necessary, nor will they work.

aloondilana 11-16-2013 11:02 AM

Selling on eBay

First off let me state the original poster of this thread needs to get a life!
Selling on eBay can be very challenging many times you attempt to sell a card only to be deadbeated when payment is due.
Further, I'm still trying to gather what the original poster gives a crap about a certain sellers techniques or issues, it's frankly none of your business as to why a card is listed for a second time, eBay has rules in place let then be the judge and jury. Posting on a site like this, is childish, like a little tattle tale....a loser !
Maybe the seller got stiffed the first time, maybe he didn't get the price he wanted or maybe he decided to keep card and then fell into a situation where he may have needed money, whatever the reason it's his business not yours!
Seriously there are much more important things in the world to worry about like worry about your own affairs.
This is exactly what has turned me off about collecting, a bunch of people who have no life's but to dwell into yours , there are many cards on eBay just go onto the next one.

howard38 11-16-2013 11:35 AM

aloondilana 11-16-2013 11:43 AM

Response

....because this nonsense of tattle taking needs to be addressed and stopped!
I'm not the seller of this card, but have bought and sold many high end items to the Person in question, he is a friend and someone with high integrity.
The original poster slandered him and I stuck up for him.
Is that okay with you?
John

CW 11-16-2013 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aloondilana (Post 1207399)
....because this nonsense of tattle taking needs to be addressed and stopped!
I'm not the seller of this card, but have bought and sold many high end items to the Person in question, he is a friend and someone with high integrity.
The original poster slandered him and I stuck up for him.
Is that okay with you?
John

LOL it's blatantly obvious that you are the seller. And, as the seller, it's not your problem to worry about whether the person asking the question "has a life" or not. You should assume that most buyers with questions are legitimately interested in the card, or are perhaps concerned about getting scammed.

I do know what is "childish"... and that's coming on a messageboard and hurling personal insults to people who simply have honest questions or concerns, and not having the balls to simply state you are the seller and address the concerns like an adult with actual social skills.

That's what turns me off in this hobby... people like you.

7nohitter 11-16-2013 12:47 PM

Rube

tiger8mush 11-16-2013 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aloondilana (Post 1207390)
Maybe the seller got stiffed the first time, maybe he didn't get the price he wanted or maybe he decided to keep card and then fell into a situation where he may have needed money, whatever the reason it's his business not yours!

I just wonder how those are possibilities since the seller left the following positive feedback the first time he sold the card: "Pleasure to work with!! Enjoy the card and thanks for the fast payment!!!"

That would make me believe the transaction was completed the first time it was allegedly sold :confused:

Batter67up 11-16-2013 04:26 PM

When somebody is going to purchase a card that is 5-10K I don't believe they can ask too many questions and the seller should answer them to the best of their ability. This is to protect everyone involved and is not saying that any fraud has taken place. I believe that the old-saying Caveat Emptor should be followed because once the money is sent, it may never be returned. The times of trusting people on their word has unfortunately long passed.

howard38 11-17-2013 06:09 AM

/

Sean1125 11-17-2013 10:42 AM

Redacted for google...

Sean1125 11-17-2013 01:28 PM

Redacted for google...

calvindog 11-17-2013 01:38 PM

This is a simple baseball card transaction -- but with the fraudsters it always has to be complicated, filled with bid retractions, people who don't pay, relistings, etc. And then angry recriminations whenever you dare to ask what happened.

MattyC 11-17-2013 01:48 PM

Wow, Sean. No need for such harsh language!

Leon 11-17-2013 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by calvindog (Post 1207734)
This is a simple baseball card transaction -- but with the fraudsters it always has to be complicated, filled with bid retractions, people who don't pay, relistings, etc. And then angry recriminations whenever you dare to ask what happened.

Jeff- Whatever happened to, you buy a card, you pay for it, the seller ships it to you? It's not rocket science. BTW, this guy said I had him blocked but the real issue is that I never got back the 2nd part of his registration for approval. I am sure it's someone else's fault though. But regardless, now he says he doesn't want to give his side of the story. Sounds innocent to me (which actually his story via email sounded legitimate). But why do people make it so difficult? It's crazy....

ullmandds 11-17-2013 02:09 PM

besides my one transaction with the mexican mafia...which turned out fine...I have had nothing but smooth transactions...I have NEVER...ever had a transaction gone awry....