Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Hartland statues - What do you think of the prices? (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=155987)

ctownboy 08-29-2012 07:58 PM

Hartland statues - What do you think of the prices?

Edited to ask what people thought of the prices that were paid and to say that I did NOT win any of the Hartlands.

I went to an auction north of Indianapolis yesterday that had some original Hartland figurines. I was hoping because of the location of the auction, the statues not being named in the auction listing and because it was a Tuesday night that there wouldn't be many (or any) people who knew what these things were and I could buy them cheap.

Wrong.

The Hartlands were:

Rocky Colavito with box and bat. $425.
Willie Mays with box and brochure or booklet. $425.
Ted Williams with box, bat and hang tag. $275.
Stan Musial with box, bat and hang tag. $275.
Yogi Berra with box and mask. $225.
Eddie Mathews, figurine only. $50.

They also had some Marx playsets in the original boxes. I left shortly after the Hartlands sold but a Johnny Ringo Western Playset in sold for $2,500.

David

yanks12025 08-29-2012 08:11 PM

I knew about that auction too and was going to leave bids. But after looking at auction values lately, figured they'd only sell around 300-400 in major auction. And didn't think it was worth calling and leaving only a $150 offer on each.

jcmtiger 08-30-2012 04:20 PM

Prices are a little low in my opinion with the boxes.

Joe

whiteymet 08-31-2012 11:18 PM

Hartland Statues

Quote:

Originally Posted by ctownboy (Post 1031740)
Edited to ask what people thought of the prices that were paid and to say that I did NOT win any of the Hartlands.

I went to an auction north of Indianapolis yesterday that had some original Hartland figurines. I was hoping because of the location of the auction, the statues not being named in the auction listing and because it was a Tuesday night that there wouldn't be many (or any) people who knew what these things were and I could buy them cheap.

Wrong.

The Hartlands were:

Rocky Colavito with box and bat. $425.
Willie Mays with box and brochure or booklet. $425.
Ted Williams with box, bat and hang tag. $275.
Stan Musial with box, bat and hang tag. $275.
Yogi Berra with box and mask. $225.
Eddie Mathews, figurine only. $50.

They also had some Marx playsets in the original boxes. I left shortly after the Hartlands sold but a Johnny Ringo Western Playset in sold for $2,500.

David

David:

I agree prices are low when the box and tag are included assuming the conditions are good. Do you recall if the boxes were the baseball scene boxes or the cello boxes on each?

Now that the auction is over can you PM me the site? I know you said the Hartlands were not listed in the auction (why??), or did you mean not listed as Hartlands?

Thanks,

Fred

ctownboy 08-31-2012 11:53 PM

Fred,

The boxes were the baseball scene versions. As far as not being mentioned in the auction listing, all it said was "baseball memerbilia". When you clicked on the site for photos, the showed some of what was going to be in the auction.

At first, the only thing shown was the pictures of the Hartland boxes. A couple of days before the auction, the auction company gave the name of the player and the number of the figure. No mention of Hartland anywhere on the site.

David