Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Hockey, Olympic, Auto Racing And All Other Cards (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Cruyff Rookie Variations (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=257986)

aljurgela 07-27-2018 11:05 AM

Cruyff Rookie Variations

4 Attachment(s)
Hey everybody, I have noticed a variation on the 1968 Bundesliga-Asse Sicker-Verlag cards. It relates to the back. If you notice on the scans below, one has a line that extends all the way across the card and the other has a break in the line, presumably so that the two card panel could be cut into the individual players and still have complete information (year and maker - though there is no perforation to make the "cut").

It appears to me that the "full line" version is much more difficult to find, but I would like to know what versions fellow collectors have to prove (or disprove) my hypothesis. I imagine that they first started with the full line version and realized that the company information and year was only on one card if collectors decided to cut them and improved this for subsequent runs. I have no proof of this, but it seems to me what would make sense.

Thanks in advance.

Peter_Spaeth 07-27-2018 01:29 PM

Mine is split.

aljurgela 07-27-2018 03:19 PM

Thanks Peter

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth (Post 1798612)
Mine is split.

Any other people who have this card who can share which version they have?

Anish 07-28-2018 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth (Post 1798612)
Mine is split.

Same

aljurgela 07-28-2018 10:22 PM

Thanks guys

It seems as I suspected that the "most common" is the split version, though I would love more data to make that determination. Thanks for the information.

samosa4u 09-10-2018 03:35 PM

1 Attachment(s)
According to Ben in Germany, there are 7 different backs.

Collect Equity 11-03-2018 11:41 AM

All Cards Have All Backs

A couple questions for those on this thread:

Can anyone confirm if every card in the set has each of these different back variations?

Also, does anyone know the rarity of the different back variations?

I actually don't collect Cruyff (although I'd buy his rookie if it fit in my budget), but I do collect Pele who is in this set and would love to know if all of these back variations exist and which ones would be the more rare.

Thanks all!

aljurgela 11-09-2018 09:09 AM

unsure

Quote:

Originally Posted by Collect Equity (Post 1824420)
A couple questions for those on this thread:

Can anyone confirm if every card in the set has each of these different back variations?

Also, does anyone know the rarity of the different back variations?

I actually don't collect Cruyff (although I'd buy his rookie if it fit in my budget), but I do collect Pele who is in this set and would love to know if all of these back variations exist and which ones would be the more rare.

Thanks all!

I do not know that. I will look at my Pele cards and let you know, but it by no means would be a complete view as I only have a couple of them.

Al