Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   WaterCooler Talk- Off Topics (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Technical Question: Member Mailbox (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=244855)

clydepepper 09-12-2017 06:48 AM

Technical Question: Member Mailbox

Is there a way to move 'sent messages' to a titled folder such as 'Sales'?

I can move messages from the inbox, but cannot seem to find a solution for the 'sent' messages.

Thanks in advance for the help,
Raymond

-

Leon 09-12-2017 08:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by clydepepper (Post 1700261)
Is there a way to move 'sent messages' to a titled folder such as 'Sales'?

I can move messages from the inbox, but cannot seem to find a solution for the 'sent' messages.

Thanks in advance for the help,
Raymond

-

I haven't tried it but I would assume you can make another message storage folder.....

actually, I just looked again and I made 2 folders, one for tests and the other for other messages, in my private message section. And for those things I have no more privileges than any other member...so you should be able to create other folders there....

clydepepper 09-12-2017 09:36 AM

With the SENT MESSAGES section up. these are the only options I see in the drop-down menu for SELECTED MESSAGES:

DELETE

MARK AS READ

MARK AS UNREAD

DOWNLOAD AS XML

DOWNLOAD AS CSV

DOWNLOAD AS TEXT

with this as my terrain, how do I create a new folder or send selected message to a particular existing folder

Thanks,
Raymond

MrSeven 09-12-2017 10:28 AM

That is normal behavior for vBulletin. Weird but normal.

clydepepper 09-12-2017 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrSeven (Post 1700319)

Well, that's certainly not any help.

Thanks

MrSeven 09-12-2017 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by clydepepper (Post 1700396)
Well, that's certainly not any help.

Thanks

Just the bearer of bad news! :D

It's been a feature request for a while in the forum software. I know that.

clydepepper 09-14-2017 12:59 AM

Thanks for clarifying.

Very Frustrating.

slinger23 09-14-2017 06:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrSeven (Post 1700319)

Not too sure what you mean about this. But I did exactly what Leon stated to do and was able to create a folder.

Simply click on the Private Messages link. Then on the left side look for "edit folders" and click on that. Once you are in this area, there is an option to "add new folder".

Hope this helps. It worked for me.

MrSeven 09-14-2017 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slinger23 (Post 1700834)
Not too sure what you mean about this. But I did exactly what Leon stated to do and was able to create a folder.

Simply click on the Private Messages link. Then on the left side look for "edit folders" and click on that. Once you are in this area, there is an option to "add new folder".

Hope this helps. It worked for me.

Did you move a PM from your Inbox or from "Sent Items"?

"Sent Items" is considered a special folder with this limitation.

slinger23 09-14-2017 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrSeven (Post 1700870)
Did you move a PM from your Inbox or from "Sent Items"?

"Sent Items" is considered a special folder with this limitation.

Aha! Important point that I clearly missed. Now I understand. It only allows a move from the inbox and not "sent folder". Thank you for clearing that up for me!

MrSeven 09-14-2017 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slinger23 (Post 1700880)
Aha! Important point that I clearly missed. Now I understand. It only allows a move from the inbox and not "sent folder". Thank you for clearing that up for me!

eBay seems to have similar logic. I've never understood why I can't delete messages from my "Trash". :D

Leon 09-14-2017 10:55 AM

Vbulletin is the best s/w for forums that we could find. It isn't perfect. I am still working on moving PMs to different folders....

Here is their blurb on it...

Private Message Folders

By default, you will have two folders in your private message area. These are the Inbox and the Sent Items folders.

The Inbox folder contains any new messages you receive, and allows you to view all the messages you have received, along with the name of the person who sent the message to you, and the date and time the message was sent.

The Sent Items folder contains a copy of any messages that you have sent, where you have specified that you wish to keep a copy of the message for future reference.

You may create additional folders for your messages by clicking the 'Edit Folders' link.

Each folder has a set of message controls which allow you to select messages, then either move them to one of your custom folders, or delete them completely. You may also have a button which allows you to forward multiple messages from a folder to another member of the forum.

You will need to periodically delete old messages, as there is a limit to the number of private messages you can have in your folders. If you exceed the number of messages, you will not be able to send or receive new messages until you delete some old messages.

Whenever you read a message, you will have the option to reply to the message, or forward that message to another member of the forum. You may also have the ability to forward that message to multiple members of your buddy list.

MrSeven 09-14-2017 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leon (Post 1700902)
Vbulletin is the best s/w for forums that we could find.

I'll agree with you 100% on that. :)