Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   how do you store your raw card ? (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=151011)

g_vezina_c55 05-11-2012 06:38 AM

how do you store your raw card ?

With all these subject about Raw card and crack holder i have this question.

How do you store your raw card ?

tobacco top loader ?
regular top loader ?
screwdown ?
pocket page in album ?

tinkertoeverstochance 05-11-2012 07:07 AM

Regular toploader stacked in a shoebox

Jayworld 05-11-2012 07:14 AM

Ultra Pro t206 sized pages. I do not collect graded cards.

Tao_Moko 05-11-2012 07:15 AM

Pocket Page Album for me. I like to be able to look at them. I store my Cubs together in alphabetical order with portraits first. Then I have HOF'ers, Rare Variations and commons which are all alphabetically organized, ports first.

zljones 05-11-2012 07:32 AM

19th century and tobacco era go in tobacco card sized screw cases. Gum era cards go in top loaders. I wish they had screw cases for Goudeys, and Play Ball!:(

bbcard1 05-11-2012 07:33 AM

If it's nice: Top load inside of a team set bag, sometime include penny sleeve, sometimes not. Otherwise, Top load.

rainier2004 05-11-2012 07:59 AM

All of the above...

frankbmd 05-11-2012 08:05 AM

Raw Slabs

Preservation without grading. Half an inch thick, largely disaster prove,

heavier than a graded slab and just as difficult to store or scan, but.....

no troublesome numbers. Grade 'em yourself in these holders.

With paper towels a nice way to dry cards should they get wet. ;)

dougscats 05-11-2012 08:32 AM

pocket pages, inside cut penny sleeves--

So that I can enjoy flipping through my collections, I keep my cards in books with customized pocket pages, putting the card in a slit penny sleeve. The penny sleeve makes it easy to insert/move a card without doing any damage to it. For T206's, I cut a penny sleeve in half with a utility knife, put the card inside, and insert it with the assistance of a flexible plastic ruler behind the card. See scan below.

I can review my collection at a glance, organizing according to alphabetical order, 14-15 per page [37 or 38 pages in all]. I prefer ungraded cards, for all the good reasons everyone gives; I'm a romantic, and I like to be able to touch them.
Of course, I have some graded cards, and I'm practical, too. I've broken out more than a dozen Poors and Authentics from their cases, but there are some valuable cards I own that I keep in their slabs as they're worth more that way. For these, in the past, I've photocopied and cut them out to fit the pocket page, so to know what I have. Just yesterday I got a cheap set of T206 reprints, and now I'm beginning to represent my slabbed cards that way, as the photo-copying is time-consuming and laborious.

I have 8-10 such books in all, and it's a real pleasure to be able to easily browse through them whenever I want.

Doug

Note to Leon: I tried to upload scans, but it failed, with this message:

5-11-2012 10;26;05 AM.JPG:
Upload of file failed.

Why?

SetBuilder 05-11-2012 08:54 AM

I've been looking for an album/binder that's worthy of using to store my T cards. I don't want a cheap plastic office depot binder. I intend on putting it on a bookshelf with vintage books. Any ideas?

I'm picturing in my mind an album that looks like an old book cover. Can't find any on eBay or anywhere else.

t206blogcom 05-11-2012 08:54 AM

Once I scan cards, I do the following:
  • I put my raw cards in tobacco sized toploaders, then place in card boxes in alphabetical order with index cards as letter indicators.
  • Graded cards are in stacks and boxes throughout my office.
  • Scans are posted to my website (I'm WAY behind on scanning).
As for my super beaters, I tape three together to be used as coasters. They're also good for cleaning those pesky crumbs off the counter. :eek:

tonyo 05-11-2012 09:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by g_vezina_c55 (Post 992184)
With all these subject about Raw card and crack holder i have this question.

How do you store your raw card ?

tobacco top loader ?
regular top loader ?
screwdown ?
pocket page in album ?

I like to find wooden boxes at antique and/or thrift stores and keep them in the boxes in various places around my house.

I've gotten to the point where I don't even like top loaders and penny sleeves because I like the look, feel, and idea of the cards in their natural state.

I'll try to take some pictures of my various storage devices and post later on.

Ladder7 05-11-2012 09:13 AM

greenhouse

tiger8mush 05-11-2012 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SetBuilder (Post 992236)
I've been looking for an album/binder that's worthy of using to store my T cards. I don't want a cheap plastic office depot binder. I intend on putting it on a bookshelf with vintage books. Any ideas?

I'm picturing in my mind an album that looks like an old book cover. Can't find any on eBay or anywhere else.

Collector grade binders. I have my M101-2 Supplements in these and will be buying more to put my cards (in Ultra Pro pages) into. The slip case is nice to keep dust off and presents well.

http://www.archivalmethods.com/Produ...&Productid=111

Rob
:)

Anthony S. 05-11-2012 11:22 AM

There's a fetishist here in San Francisco that lets me staple my entire 1910 Obak set to her body every Arbor Day. Really brings the set to life.

kmac32 05-11-2012 11:44 AM

Acid free PVC pages in albums by year and alphabetical

sgbernard 05-11-2012 01:02 PM

Personally, I keep my ungraded cards in the sunniest part of the house.

:D