Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   **Good guy alert** Shout out to Kevin Cummings (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=319774)

Belfast1933 05-17-2022 02:32 PM

**Good guy alert** Shout out to Kevin Cummings

2 Attachment(s)
I think most of us would agree that the vast majority of fellow collectors are really decent people, even though the negative stories are the ones that we see most of the time!

But I just wanted to send a shout out and share a quick story about this awesome new addition to my personal collection, see below. ❤️

Kevin Cummings has been such a great guy to deal with throughout the transaction, providing way more than information about this card. He knows so much about the pre 1900 cards which he shares generously with knuckleheads like me really don’t know much about those cards… Yet!

When we finally closed the transaction on this card two weeks ago, I accidentally overpaid him by five dollars Of course, I told him that was a bargain considering that the lessons learned or worth 50 times that!

I had a good laugh when I open the card which was of course meticulously and safely packaged and here were the five 1-dollar bills just as carefully placed in the package!

Lots of good people here, I so appreciate enjoying the hobby and learning from people like Kevin!

Thx - let’s all be more like Kevin… the good news is, most of you are!

Thx again, Kevin…. Now you just need to sell me the Cap Anson too!😂🤜🤛

Jeff

BobbyStrawberry 05-17-2022 03:10 PM

Beautiful card, congratulations to you both!:)

mrreality68 05-17-2022 03:17 PM

Very nice card
Great sharing
Although the edges on those dollars look manhandled

oldjudge 05-17-2022 04:09 PM

I've known Kevin for a long time and yes, he is one of the good guys in the hobby.

kkkkandp 05-17-2022 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrreality68 (Post 2225774)
Although the edges on those dollars look manhandled

Jeff Kuhr:

That's why I didn't get them graded! ;)

Jeff Gross:

The shout out was greatly appreciated, but totally unnecessary. I was just being a good Net 54 citizen as we all should. I'm happy that you like your new card and it does fit perfectly with the other two in your man cave display!

About that N28 Anson: as soon as I find an N172 Anson for myself...

Leon 05-19-2022 07:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kkkkandp (Post 2225793)
Jeff Kuhr:

That's why I didn't get them graded! ;)

Jeff Gross:

The shout out was greatly appreciated, but totally unnecessary. I was just being a good Net 54 citizen as we all should. I'm happy that you like your new card and it does fit perfectly with the other two in your man cave display!

About that N28 Anson: as soon as I find an N172 Anson for myself...

Nice job, Kevin.
I love hearing good hobby stuff and paying it forward a little bit.

Madi$on18joshua 05-19-2022 08:09 PM

Kudos

kudos to both of you!

It was just as nice of you to acknowledge him!

who doesn't love a good story!

jb67 05-19-2022 09:14 PM

Great to see positive stories being posted. Kudos to Kevin.

ALBB 05-20-2022 07:24 AM

Kev

Kevin is all Ace's !!

Joe_G. 05-21-2022 08:36 AM

Yes indeed, I consider Kevin a long-time hobby friend. We've shuffled cards amongst our collections but more importantly keep in touch through life's challenges and triumphs. All the Best!