Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Brian Weisner (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=89194)

Archive 03-24-2008 08:36 AM

Brian Weisner

Posted By: <b>skydash</b><p>Hey Brian...can you give me a call/e-mail?? Thanks...Skydash

Archive 03-24-2008 08:45 AM

Brian Weisner

Posted By: <b>barrysloate</b><p>Hi Sky- how goes it? Hope all is well. Barry

Archive 03-24-2008 05:28 PM

Brian Weisner

Posted By: <b>skydash</b><p>Very well,Barry my friend. Actually,getting a little nervous...

Archive 03-24-2008 06:07 PM

Brian Weisner

Posted By: <b>BRIANKW</b><p><br /> Hi Guys,<br /> No Skydash isn't nervous about the cards being real.... He's nervous about the upcomming auction. The Thorpe didn't do as well as it should have, but the Jackson should do much better.<br /> Skydash isn't worried about himself, but hoping the proceeds will benefit his relatives.<br /><br /> Be well to all Brian<br /><br /><br />PS I'm on vacation this week, but talked to skydash this afternoon...<br /><br />PS 2 Hi Barry, I'll catch up with you next week.

Archive 03-24-2008 06:22 PM

Brian Weisner

Posted By: <b>barrysloate</b><p>Sky- everything will work out fine. The quality and rarity of your collection will overcome whatever stuff is going on in the outside world. And the Jackson will do better than the Thorpe.

Archive 03-24-2008 06:25 PM

Brian Weisner

Posted By: <b>barrysloate</b><p>So far our resident troll larryhaven made an obnoxious comment on this thread and the REA one (and perhaps others). How long will it be before he is booted again?

Archive 03-24-2008 06:29 PM

Brian Weisner

Posted By: <b>MVSNYC</b><p>Sky-<br /><br />no need to worry...<br /><br /><br />i have 3 words for you:<br /><br />shoeless joe jackson<br /><br /><br /><br />he will do fine.

Archive 03-27-2008 12:37 PM

Brian Weisner

Posted By: <b>barrysloate</b><p>So I just got the May issue of SMR and the inside front cover has a four-page foldout showing highlights of the upcoming Apr 30-May 1 Mastro Auction and....<br /><br />Not a Tin Top to be found , no Jackson, nothing that appears to be a Skydash card. Wouldn't a Tin Top Jackson grading SGC 86 qualify as a highlight?

Archive 03-27-2008 12:40 PM

Brian Weisner

Posted By: <b>Jon Canfield</b><p>Barry - I remember the Jackson being on the inside cover of my last SMR (from last month). That's weird!

Archive 03-27-2008 12:43 PM

Brian Weisner

Posted By: <b>Zinn</b><p>Could it be that PSA discourages advertisers from highlighting "SGC" cards?

Archive 03-27-2008 12:52 PM

Brian Weisner

Posted By: <b>barrysloate</b><p>There's a fair percentage of other SGC cards, but mostly PSA. I did just check the April issue and I see the Jackson, but the Skydash Collection has some 1400 cards and as I recall, the labels were supposed to reflect that.<br /><br />I don't see even a single one.