Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   WaterCooler Talk- Off Topics (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Game of Thrones: Season SEVEN Opener IMO: (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=242496)

clydepepper 07-17-2017 11:10 AM

Game of Thrones: Season SEVEN Opener IMO:

What the hell was with that first scene? Worst GOT scene concept ever!

After a satisfying season 6 finale scene killing off Walter Frey, the writhers seemed to have panicked as if suddenly remembering they had to get rid of all of Frey's warriors - and handled it very, very poorly.

...and to dangle that scene before the opening credits just put more of a spotlight on how sub-standard it was.

The rest of the episode was only average...as it was an expected 'setting the stage for bigger events' type chapter.

Arazi4442 07-18-2017 12:37 PM

Sorry, I disagree. I thought the opening scene was great and they did set up a lot of the season. Jon vs.Sansa, Danny preparing her attack, the Lannister's looking for an ally, the North uniting against the White Walkers. Each season, except the first, starts pretty slow and builds to the penultimate episode and then the last wraps it up and sets up the next season.

packs 07-18-2017 05:40 PM

My issue with the first episode was that the Sam at the library scenes were way too long and ultimately there was no payoff, because as Sam admits, Stannis had already told him about the dragon glass being mined at Dragonstone.

I also hated the Ed Sheeran cameo, though everyone seems too. And Euron seemed like such a weak character. Terribly written.

Things I loved: The Hound being pretty funny; Arya killing the Freys; Jamie trying to talk some sense into Cersei; Bran arriving at the Wall; Lady Mormont being tougher than anyone on the show.

chaddurbin 07-18-2017 08:57 PM

ed sheeran suck balls...can't wait for the noah syndergaard's cameo tho. maybe he'll play rhaegar and hbo will build a targaryen spinoff for him and he'll retire from baseball to concentrate on acting!

pokerplyr80 07-18-2017 09:07 PM

I don't get the outrage. I thought the opening scene was great. Arya is a bad ass. Not quite at lady mormonts level when she's making a speech, but gets it done with her actions. Plus she makes all of that time training with the many faced God pay off. I thought the whole episode was well done.

I don't really even know who Ed Sheeran is, other than reading he won a grammy. I didn't realize he was in the episode until hearing about it later.

Edit: that was the season 7 opener by the way.

ullmandds 07-19-2017 05:27 AM

its the 7th season, btw. While I wasn't thrilled with this episode...I tend to agree with most of the sentiment here...the ed sheeran scene was gratuitous beyone imagine...and didnt "believe" the euron character...he's weak! Ultimately is was a stage setting episode and #2 should be a doozy!

clydepepper 07-19-2017 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pokerplyr80 (Post 1682308)
I don't get the outrage. I thought the opening scene was great. Arya is a bad ass. Not quite at lady mormonts level when she's making a speech, but gets it done with her actions. Plus she makes all of that time training with the many faced God pay off. I thought the whole episode was well done.

I don't really even know who Ed Sheeran is, other than reading he won a grammy. I didn't realize he was in the episode until hearing about it later.

Edit: that was the season 7 opener by the way.

OOOPS! Corrected. Thanks.