Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Watercooler Talk- ALL sports talk (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   The fight ...who you picking and when? (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=244145)

nsaddict 08-25-2017 08:05 PM

The fight ...who you picking and when?

Certainly over-hyped and making it sound like it's the greatest sporting event since creation lol. But I will still be watching. Picking Conor to end it in the 3rd round. Yup, I'm going with the upset!

bnorth 08-25-2017 08:18 PM

Floyd pretty much any time he wants after the 3rd round. Seriously unless the fix is on there is no way Conor has a chance. I personally hope Floyd holds back just enough to not stop him and beats him unmercifully till Conor quits.

bravos4evr 08-25-2017 08:30 PM

Mayweather TKO in the 5th

KCRfan1 08-25-2017 08:55 PM

Maywether TKO in the 4th. I believe Maywether can end the " fight " when he chooses.

BearBailey 08-25-2017 09:55 PM

May weather unanimous decision, in a snooze fest.

Jason 08-26-2017 05:58 AM

McGregor in the 2nd via KO.

CMIZ5290 08-26-2017 09:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bnorth (Post 1694799)
Floyd pretty much any time he wants after the 3rd round. Seriously unless the fix is on there is no way Conor has a chance. I personally hope Floyd holds back just enough to not stop him and beats him unmercifully till Conor quits.

Pertaining a fix, the betting line opened up at 30-1. Last time I checked it was all the way down to 5-1, which means there is serious money being bet on McGregor in Vegas..

Jim65 08-26-2017 10:16 AM

Since MacGregor is out of his element, Mayweather by decision, I can't see a KO, I can see a TKO on cuts or something like that.

I won't watch, I learned my lesson paying for Mayweather fights not living up to the hype.

Peter_Spaeth 08-26-2017 11:04 AM

You have to wonder if it's real. This is one of the greatest boxers of all time against a guy who, as a boxer, is essentially an amateur. MMA is not boxing. Come on, get real. But there is so much money involved and it's such a corrupt sport, who can trust it? As a pure fight, even with Mayweather's defensive style, I would say he can end it at any time.

D. Bergin 08-26-2017 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CMIZ5290 (Post 1694896)
Pertaining a fix, the betting line opened up at 30-1. Last time I checked it was all the way down to 5-1, which means there is serious money being bet on McGregor in Vegas..

Starting to swing back in the other direction. Mayweather money coming in late. Bunch of bettors deciding it might be an easy way to accrue a little interest on their money.

If I was a betting man, I'd do the same. I'm NOT a betting man because I've seen too many weird things happen in fights. Guy can get cut, DQ'd, trip and break his leg, fall out of a ring and not get back in time, bite a guys ear off, one guy eats bad seafood the night before, crooked ref, crooked judges, etc., etc., etc........

clydepepper 08-26-2017 12:34 PM

A: My Nose - when nobody's watching.

JustinD 08-26-2017 01:05 PM

McGregor only has a chance if he surprises him by coming out fast and swinging hoping to land one of his power lefts.

If he tries to box he has no chance in the world.

I am picking Mayweather, but I am certainly concerned.

CMIZ5290 08-26-2017 04:21 PM

I hope this is not fixed and all about the money, but, the odds have reduced at a staggering rate in favor of McGregor in Vegas. Secondly, if McGregor wins, guess what? Fight 2 with the same or higher paydays for both guys. And then what? Yes, Floyd wins that one and here comes Fight 3....Just speaking out loud...

Peter_Spaeth 08-26-2017 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JustinD (Post 1694974)
McGregor only has a chance if he surprises him by coming out fast and swinging hoping to land one of his power lefts.

If he tries to box he has no chance in the world.

I am picking Mayweather, but I am certainly concerned.

Obviously Mayweather has trained in anticipation of that strategy. As perhaps the greatest defensive boxer in history, I can't imagine it is going to present a problem for him.

clydepepper 08-26-2017 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CMIZ5290 (Post 1695038)
I hope this is not fixed and all about the money, but, the odds have reduced at a staggering rate in favor of McGregor in Vegas. Secondly, if McGregor wins, guess what? Fight 2 with the same or higher paydays for both guys. And then what? Yes, Floyd wins that one and here comes Fight 3....Just speaking out loud...

Now, what was it P.T. Barnham said about 'suckers'?

bravos4evr 08-26-2017 11:12 PM

Interesting that Mayweather ran the ole "oky doke" on Conor and let him punch himself out for 3 rounds before turning on the afterburners and wearing him out with skill and savvy.

I know a lot of people don't like Floyd because his style isn't exciting, but it's tough to argue that it isn't effective.

clydepepper 08-27-2017 04:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bravos4evr (Post 1695135)
Interesting that Mayweather ran the ole "oky doke" on Conor and let him punch himself out for 3 rounds before turning on the afterburners and wearing him out with skill and savvy.

I know a lot of people don't like Floyd because his style isn't exciting, but it's tough to argue that it isn't effective.

...yeah, but I heard he goes right after women...:(