Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   WaterCooler Talk- Off Topics (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   EBay guaranteed shipping (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=256080)

Jim65 06-08-2018 04:49 PM

EBay guaranteed shipping

Has anyone ever filed a claim with eBays guaranteed shipping? I recently bought an item that had a guaranteed delivery date and the package was a day late, does the seller lose the shipping if Ebay reimburses me or does eBay eat that? I don't want to screw the seller for a one day delay but will gladly screw eBay because it was late.

bnorth 06-08-2018 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim65 (Post 1784897)
Has anyone ever filed a claim with eBays guaranteed shipping? I recently bought an item that had a guaranteed delivery date and the package was a day late, does the seller lose the shipping if Ebay reimburses me or does eBay eat that? I don't want to screw the seller for a one day delay but will gladly screw eBay because it was late.

That is very strange that it was late. They change the date so that it is impossible, at least they do it with my account.

Jim65 06-09-2018 02:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bnorth (Post 1784921)
That is very strange that it was late. They change the date so that it is impossible, at least they do it with my account.

When I ordered it, the guaranteed date was Thursday, it was delivered Friday.

steve B 06-10-2018 05:37 PM

Was it still listed as guaranteed by Thursday?

Back when UPS was bragging about 99+% on time delivery I had a package I was expecting. Tracking said Monday... Then on Monday it said Tuesday... then on Tuesday...

I finally got it on Friday. And by their system apparently "on time" as the expected delivery date kept changing.

bnorth 06-10-2018 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steve B (Post 1785528)

Back when UPS was bragging about 99+% on time delivery I had a package I was expecting. Tracking said Monday... Then on Monday it said Tuesday... then on Tuesday...

I finally got it on Friday. And by their system apparently "on time" as the expected delivery date kept changing.

Yep that is the same thing my eBay guaranteed delivery date does, it's never late.

Jim65 06-11-2018 04:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steve B (Post 1785528)

Yup, I got a message from eBay (in the item page) confirming the package was eligible for shipping to be refunded but I found out the seller takes a hit so I just let it go.

bobbyw8469 06-11-2018 04:32 AM

What an odd thing for Ebay to promise?? Is there any benefit to sellers to offer this?? Reduced FVF's??? Something????

Jim65 06-11-2018 08:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobbyw8469 (Post 1785629)
What an odd thing for Ebay to promise?? Is there any benefit to sellers to offer this?? Reduced FVF's??? Something????

I assume increased sales if you guarantee delivery in certain amount of days. It looks like a lot of sellers participate in it.

D. Bergin 06-11-2018 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim65 (Post 1785663)
I assume increased sales if you guarantee delivery in certain amount of days. It looks like a lot of sellers participate in it.

Most sellers with TRS were defaulted into it. Most likely don't even know they offer it. I wasn't sure I was until I just looked at my preferences, as I don't see it offered in my own listings, even when I am signed out.

Supposedly if the seller meets their handling time then Ebay foots the bill on late delivery's..................for at least 2018 anyways. They are making no promises for 2019.

Seems a really stupid thing to promise when you aren't in charge of the delivery system. Ebay trying to promise all the same things as Amazon, without having the infrastructure of Amazon............putting all of their promises on sellers backs.

Of course, even if Ebay is covering it, it's not going to stop buyers from now contacting sellers directly who don't know how the system really works and demanding "I didn't get my item when you said I would, give me my shipping fee back".

False expectations are often the bane of any type of business, and the cause of much buyer angst.

bnorth 06-11-2018 11:39 AM

Just noticed another eBay change. When looking through listings I see some that say "Free Returns". When I looked at the auctions it shows 30 day free returns.

gzman 06-12-2018 10:18 AM

If the seller ships on time, and, the carrier delivers late, eBay takes the hit, not the seller...Also, eBay recently implemented a change..to get the highest/ONLY TRS discount(a mere 10 percent) must offer 30 day free returns..this is on a per item basis..still not sure how to maintain TRS if not offering free returns on some or most of items...A year ago the TRS discount went from 20 to 10 percent...Using the extra money to offer guaranteed shipping, and, more promos...

bobbyw8469 06-12-2018 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gzman (Post 1786019)
If the seller ships on time, and, the carrier delivers late, eBay takes the hit, not the seller...Also, eBay recently implemented a change..to get the highest/ONLY TRS discount(a mere 10 percent) must offer 30 day free returns..this is on a per item basis..still not sure how to maintain TRS if not offering free returns on some or most of items...A year ago the TRS discount went from 20 to 10 percent...Using the extra money to offer guaranteed shipping, and, more promos...

I gave up years ago trying to get discounts. For what we sell, there is no reason for all those hoops we have to jump through.

Peter_Spaeth 06-15-2018 10:53 AM

I have a guaranteed delivery item that's late. But shipping was free. :confused:

bnorth 06-15-2018 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth (Post 1786905)
I have a guaranteed delivery item that's late. But shipping was free. :confused:

LOL, looks like we already have people that figured out how to get around giving a refund.:D

Jim65 06-15-2018 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth (Post 1786905)

EBay will allow you to send back for refund and I believe they will pay return shipping too.

Peter_Spaeth 06-15-2018 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim65 (Post 1786954)
EBay will allow you to send back for refund and I believe they will pay return shipping too.

I wouldn't feel right doing that, and I honestly don't care if it's late.