Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Autograph Forum- Primarily Sports (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Johnny Bench personalized autographed baseball (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=222329)

sixpointone 05-11-2016 11:42 AM

Johnny Bench personalized autographed baseball

Hi All,

I have an opinion question. I own a baseball that Johnny Bench signed for me in person, and it is personalized to read “To John, Best Wishes, Johnny Bench”. It is one of my favorite items, and I would never sell it. Add to that, since it was signed in person I of course am certain it is authentic.

That said, I am considering sending it to PSA DNA to be authenticated. Do you think that is a good idea, or should I just leave it as is?

Best,
John

packs 05-11-2016 11:54 AM

What would be the purpose of sending it to PSA?

sixpointone 05-11-2016 11:59 AM

Hi packs,

Great question. I am rather OCD, and would like the fact for display purposes that it looks official. I know that is really not the best reason to consider spending money, but that is a summary of my thought process. Should you have any further questions please do ask away.

Best,
John

Bpm0014 05-11-2016 12:17 PM

PSA will probably get it wrong anyway. They did with my Jordan jersey that was signed in front of me...

mighty bombjack 05-11-2016 12:34 PM

Only you know what your OCD will allow, but I think sending it to PSA is silly. I have several items (including baseballs) that I got IP, most of which I will not consider selling. I see no reason to send them and spend money to learn something I already know.

bender07 05-11-2016 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sixpointone (Post 1537710)
Hi packs,

Great question. I am rather OCD, and would like the fact for display purposes that it looks official. I know that is really not the best reason to consider spending money, but that is a summary of my thought process. Should you have any further questions please do ask away.

Best,
John

Anyone that collects, has some form of OCD IMO. With that said, buy a nice acrylic cube and present it that way. You're literally wasting $ and time going the authentication route.

packs 05-11-2016 01:00 PM

Yeah if there's no motivation to sell then there's not really any reason to get it authenticated. Authentication serves only 2 purposes: increase value for future sale; and give you peace of mind if you're unsure what you bought is authentic.

slinger23 05-11-2016 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by packs (Post 1537734)
Yeah if there's no motivation to sell then there's not really any reason to get it authenticated. Authentication serves only 2 purposes: increase value for future sale; and give you peace of mind if you're unsure what you bought is authentic.

+1
true story

sixpointone 05-11-2016 02:16 PM

Hi All,

Thanks sincerely for all of your feedback. I much appreciate it. Right now I am leaning towards keeping it as is, in a nice acrylic case, and displaying it.

Best always,
John

Scott Garner 05-12-2016 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sixpointone (Post 1537761)
Hi All,

Thanks sincerely for all of your feedback. I much appreciate it. Right now I am leaning towards keeping it as is, in a nice acrylic case, and displaying it.

Best always,
John

Excellent choice! ;)