Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Watercooler Talk- ALL sports talk (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Rose Bowl Proud (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=181019)

rainier2004 01-02-2014 07:23 AM

Rose Bowl Proud

Nothing like waking up and having your team Rose Bowl champions! We had a great season, played the game the right way with class and today sit in a spot we haven't been in 26 years...cannot wait until next fall. Go Green!

AndyG09 01-02-2014 07:26 AM

Steve!!! I knew you would be in your glory! Go Green!!!! Go White!!!!

Best,

Andy

billyb 01-02-2014 08:04 AM

What a defense, and it appears they have young talent returning on the offensive side. Looks great for next year too.

rainier2004 01-02-2014 08:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by billyb (Post 1222706)
What a defense, and it appears they have young talent returning on the offensive side. Looks great for next year too.

We lose 2 starting OL, but we basically rotate 8 in games and 5 will be back plus a 6'8 JUCO 4-star recruit that just committed. If Fowler opts to apply for a medical hardship and we get him back for a 6th year, that 9 starters back on offense.

Defense loses 6 starters including the heart of that side of the ball with Bullough and Allen. But, Calhoun is back as a 2nd team AA at end, we have a stock pile of LBs with game experience and Williamson and Drummond would have started anywhere else at DB and were our nickel and dime backs...we will be fine on that side of the ball.

We lose our stud punter and all the talk is that Terry is a better QB that Cook, so there's some competition there. Im sure our 3rd string QB will transfer out as another big time recruit committed early. Its time for BB and a great time to be a Spartan.

Runscott 01-02-2014 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rainier2004 (Post 1222696)
Nothing like waking up and having your team Rose Bowl champions! We had a great season, played the game the right way with class and today sit in a spot we haven't been in 26 years...cannot wait until next fall. Go Green!

That was a great game, second only to the conference championship win over Ohio State. Michigan State has really come a long way.

But I was very disappointed in the way Stanford folded in that last drive. The announcers talked up the 'hero' opportunity for Stanford's quarterback, but the coach didn't allow him to do much - no flexibility in those last two run plays. The fullback took it right up the middle on 3rd down when Michigan State was bunched up, and he had plenty of time to adjust and go left where there was no one. Could have been any easy first. I wanted Michigan State to win, but I hate to see a lackluster final drive like that.

pariah1107 01-02-2014 02:58 PM

Congrats Sparty, but....

....I agree with Scott. Absolutely horrible play-calls to end the game by Stanford. A fullback dive by Ryan Hewitt on fourth and one? He had 5 carries for 8 yards the entire 2013 season! I like the ball in the hands of a senior, but that's it. I think the coaches confidence in Gaffney was undermined after a couple poor runs in the fourth quarter, including a fumbled QB exchange (Gaffney recovered). The Cardinal did not play there best game, but that Michigan State defense is stout.

Let's hope the Title game is that competitive.