Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Autograph Forum- Primarily Sports (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Mantle Martin photo - can I get some love? (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=266801)

1880nonsports 03-11-2019 12:26 PM

Mantle Martin photo - can I get some love?

3 Attachment(s)
I listed 300+ more common signed photos and cards as well as 100 "Billy" items for my friend whose brother-in-law died. In return he has offered me a few items along the way. I'd LOVE to have this if it's real and we can determine a value (I figure if real about 150.00?) - don't know why it wouldn't be real given the context. It's the same shot of a larger photo signed by both that I sold a few weeks ago. I provided a close-up for you to look over. If you can offer an educated opinion - I'd appreciate it. Not looking for any kind of guarantees. "Looks pretty good" or "looks like crap" or "known counterfeit" ought to do it :) I worked pretty hard and this would be like a memento to the event - nothing I'm selling either way.

It just takes a second to help.... I do when I can.

obxhouses4rent 03-11-2019 03:33 PM

Im not an expert, but met both and have sigs from both.
Looks good to me... in my experience, the Martin is a very nice one.

Fuddjcal 03-11-2019 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1880nonsports (Post 1861794)
I listed 300+ more common signed photos and cards as well as 100 "Billy" items for my friend whose brother-in-law died. In return he has offered me a few items along the way. I'd LOVE to have this if it's real and we can determine a value (I figure if real about 150.00?) - don't know why it wouldn't be real given the context. It's the same shot of a larger photo signed by both that I sold a few weeks ago. I provided a close-up for you to look over. If you can offer an educated opinion - I'd appreciate it. Not looking for any kind of guarantees. "Looks pretty good" or "looks like crap" or "known counterfeit" ought to do it :) I worked pretty hard and this would be like a memento to the event - nothing I'm selling either way.

It just takes a second to help.... I do when I can.

Well, the signatures are good and it's a fairly unique photo. I think you're $150 is the bottom, maybe up to $250 assuming it's live ink? I might be a little outta touch with the values with so many forgeries ruining the market.

Case12 03-11-2019 04:56 PM

Photo is really cool. Picks up on Billy and the Mick relationship perfect (well, except leaving out the R and X rated stuff) :-)

shelly 03-11-2019 05:58 PM

Two drunks looking to pick up something for the evening.:):):):):):)

MGHPro 03-11-2019 06:43 PM

Are you sure it's live ink ? It's only the size of a baseball card, correct ?

1880nonsports 03-12-2019 10:14 AM

OK!

you'se guys are pretty smart. I went and got the item - opened the case and sure enuff the signatures are flat and not live. So real but not real :-) Disappointing to be sure. My efforts were real even if the item isn't so I will have to be rewarded with something different! THANKS for the responses.