Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   WaterCooler Talk- Off Topics (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Seen any concerts lately? (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=207913)

judsonhamlin 07-15-2015 05:45 PM

Last one (at my 15 y/o daughter's insistence) was Crosby, Stills and Nash. She is in full retro mode and knew all the lyrics to their hits.
The Trews will be at City Winery in NYC in a few weeks and that should be my next gig

bnorth 07-15-2015 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OldEnglishD (Post 1431470)
Saw The Rolling Stones last week - those guys continue to amaze.

Wish I would have seen the current Rush tour, no good excuse for that one.

BB King was on my list, but sadly, that won't happen now.

Last year was Bob Seeger and then the Eagles.

Next up, Steely Dan and Elvis Costello. I hope they do a couple songs together!

On my list - James Taylor, The Tragically Hip, Robert Cray, AD/DC

That is one of the few bad things about living out in the middle of the sticks. Any decent concert is going to be at least a few 100 miles away.

Dave AC/DC is amazing. I have seen them 3 times. The first time was for the Who Made Who Tour and they where so loud they cracked the brick arena so bad a decible limit was put in place after that concert. I also seen them in Amsterdam at the Ajax Arena in 2009 and it was by far the best concert I have ever been to. What I can remember of it anyway.:D

talkinbaseball 07-17-2015 03:30 PM

Eagles

My wife, youngest son and his girlfriend saw the Eagles this past Wednesday night at the Hartford Civic Center in Hartford Connecticut.

It was awesome,

They played 27 songs.

They started it with Saturday Night, closed the first set with Take It to the Limit.
The second set was much more Rock.

I won't tell you anymore in case your going to see them

an eagles fan for many years.

john

the 'stache 07-17-2015 06:03 PM

I saw Rush on May 18th at the American Airlines Center in Dallas. First show I've been to in seven years. They were incredible, as always.

midmo 07-17-2015 11:37 PM

Earlier this summer I went to the Shaky Knees Festival in Atlanta. Spent a few days in Nashville checking out bands. Then saw Willie Nelson/Beck in Kansas City. Last Friday I saw Jane's Addiction in Pittsburgh. Heading to NYC next month for Hum/Failure, then going to Chicago for Riot Fest. Tons of local bands in between.

Pretty bummed I missed Rush when they came through. It's probably been 20 years since I last saw them. It sounds like this might have been the last shot.

Leon 07-18-2015 09:19 AM

Saw Darrius Rucker recently and am going to Rascal Flatts soon....looking to get more Zach Brown tickets (*probably my favorite current band)

Bestdj777 07-18-2015 06:50 PM

I just saw Taylor Swift and going to see Kenny Chesney and a couple of smaller concerts later this year.

jfkheat 08-09-2015 08:43 PM

My last concert was Lady Antebellum last year in Greenville SC.
James

thedutymon 08-13-2015 11:11 AM

Busy Concert Month Here!

Morning,

Lot of talk about Rush, seen them 39 times now, somebody said maybe this years tour would be last, I hope not, would like to see them 20-30 more times!

This month (Sept.) I have Wishbone Ash....Been a Fan for 45 years and this will be the first time I've ever seen them, have like 50 different albums by them with different line-ups, only one original member from the late 60's.

Then its Duran Duran at Red Rocks, best place on the Earth to see concerts, been to over 600 there.

Then Best Coast a new California band I'm into.

Next is an International act called Empire of the Sun, a little out there, but I really like a couple of their anthem style songs.

All in Denver for September, haven't even started to look at October yet!:D:D:D

Neil

nsaddict 08-29-2015 03:04 PM

Saw one of my favs early August, Cheap Trick and last Saturday AC/DC at Gillette Stadium. Neither one disappointed :)