Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Postwar Baseball Cards Forum (Pre-1980) (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Battlefield0516 Auctions (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=242810)

irv 07-31-2017 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JollyElm (Post 1685764)
Without question, every single blue-backgrounded pic/scan you've shown gives the illusion of much sharper corners and edges. 'Rounded' areas appear to be 'sharp' areas. It is unmistakeable and it is her constant M.O.! And her pics/scans are purposely a bit fuzzy to increase this impression. Your pics and scans are sharp. Why in heck aren't hers??? Because it's another tool in her arsenal of BS. She's as dishonest as it gets.

I agree 100%. Every card has had some sort of work/enhancement done to it, but if you are happy with the cards you plan on keeping, Chris, then that is your call/choice.

I'd just be sure first you couldn't get better ones for the same money you paid for hers?

I appreciate you posting up the pics/scans comparing her scans with your's. Those just reiterate that I'll never purchase anything from her, ever.

Jenx34 07-31-2017 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ALR-bishop (Post 1685794)
I attended my first ever World Seies in 1964. Unfortunately Musial had retired in 1963. That card supposedly depicting a clutch Mantle home run actual shows him whiffing on a Gibson fastball.

You know it's funny, I hadn't looked at the card that closely. He certainly isn't hitting shit in that picture!

Jenx34 07-31-2017 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by irv (Post 1685808)
I agree 100%. Every card has had some sort of work/enhancement done to it, but if you are happy with the cards you plan on keeping, Chris, then that is your call/choice.

I'd just be sure first you couldn't get better ones for the same money you paid for hers?

I appreciate you posting up the pics/scans comparing her scans with your's. Those just reiterate that I'll never purchase anything from her, ever.

Hopefully it will serve as another warning to people not to make the same mistake I did. Obviously, she has enough cards and enough people that don't look closely enough that she makes tons of money. Kinda like Wal Mart.... sell enough stuff that it doesn't matter if 1/2 - 1% of customers ask for their money back and talk bad about you. In this case, doing so fraudulently is just shitty. I wish there was a way to stop it.

I'll check on ebay for pricing, but in general, I only bid if I thought the cards might be 1-2 grades below what she was "selling". Part of me wishes there was a way to get the law involved. But I don't know if what I have is enough to get anyone interested, and I am in the same state so there isn't an interstate angle. If anyone has any thoughts, let me know. As far as Ebay, I don't think I would get anywhere with just one of their customer service reps.

Stonepony 08-01-2017 06:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jenx34 (Post 1684170)
I agree. At $8 I won't worry about it too much. But the cards coming from last night will offer good evidence as it's not just one card that can be explained away. Will update as soon as I have them. Thanks

This is what keeps her in business

Jenx34 08-01-2017 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stonepony (Post 1685905)
This is what keeps her in business

I know, which makes me wonder if there is a legit law enforcement angle that can be pursued....

Leon 08-01-2017 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jenx34 (Post 1685981)
I know, which makes me wonder if there is a legit law enforcement angle that can be pursued....

It makes it harder when they give almost instant refunds, or at least used to. They are sly, no doubt.

David W 08-02-2017 08:11 AM

The thing I noticed is that with the royal blue background, that draws your attention away from everything else.

I had to really concentrate to inspect the card fully, which I am sure is done deliberately.

Stonepony 08-02-2017 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jenx34 (Post 1685981)

Huh? Why are you pondering that? You bought cards from her, recognize that they've clearly been photoshopped....and fraud has occurred. Yet you keep the cards because it was a good deal for you. Please don't complain about fraud when you recognize it, yet willingly pay into it. Nothing personal, but again...she's counting on buyers like you to keep her in business while she continues to defraud others.

horzverti 08-02-2017 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JollyElm (Post 1685764)
Without question, every single blue-backgrounded pic/scan you've shown gives the illusion of much sharper corners and edges. 'Rounded' areas appear to be 'sharp' areas. It is unmistakeable and it is her constant M.O.! And her pics/scans are purposely a bit fuzzy to increase this impression. Your pics and scans are sharp. Why in heck aren't hers??? Because it's another tool in her arsenal of BS. She's as dishonest as it gets.

I agree x10. Stay away from Battlefield for sure.

Jenx34 08-02-2017 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stonepony (Post 1686418)
Huh? Why are you pondering that? You bought cards from her, recognize that they've clearly been photoshopped....and fraud has occurred. Yet you keep the cards because it was a good deal for you. Please don't complain about fraud when you recognize it, yet willingly pay into it. Nothing personal, but again...she's counting on buyers like you to keep her in business while she continues to defraud others.

Actually my view changed on that between the time I posted the photos and made comments about keeping the cards and asking about law enforcement. The more I inspected the cards, the more I saw small flaws covered up. So returns are in progress.

That would be why.....