Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   1915 Red Sox (Soxs) Pennant Royal Rooters (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=161733)

Donscards 01-18-2013 10:04 AM

1915 Red Sox (Soxs) Pennant Royal Rooters

I have a chance to buy 1915 Red Soxs Pennant Royal Rooters---it is in very good-excellent condition---34" with a nice Sock emblem on it---very expensive---I dont know much about this pennant but supposed to be quite scarce---any thoughts from the forum experts. thanks, Don

Scott Garner 01-18-2013 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donscards (Post 1075341)
I have a chance to buy 1915 Red Soxs Pennant Royal Rooters---it is in very good-excellent condition---34" with a nice Sock emblem on it---very expensive---I dont know much about this pennant but supposed to be quite scarce---any thoughts from the forum experts. thanks, Don

Don,
This sounds like a great item.

I'm sure that the pennant experts would love to see a photo of the pennant. They probably can help direct questions about value better once they have seen the pennant.

Good luck getting the answers that you're looking for! :)

perezfan 01-18-2013 11:11 AM

Scott is correct! Much depends on the pennant's graphics, artistry, rarity, and of course the condition. We really need a photo, in order to be of any meaningful help.

Please post or email a photo if you can... Glad to help, but need more info, in order to provide any sort of enlightened response. Thanks!

Donscards 01-18-2013 02:20 PM

1915 red Soxs Pennant Royal Rooters

I did buy the pennant and will put on a scan tonight when I get home.--thanks for the help. Don

Donscards 01-18-2013 04:51 PM

1915 Red Soxs Pennant Royal Rooters

3 Attachment(s)
I now have the scan of the 1915 Red Soxs Pennant Royal Rooters Very Scarce---What do the pennant collectors think---I would say I have a Beauty.---thanks, Don

Joe Hunter 01-18-2013 04:56 PM

Red Sox Pennant

Beautiful pennant. Never seen that one. Congratulations

ksfarmboy 01-18-2013 04:57 PM

Don't have to be a pennant collector to say you scored on this one. Never seen it before and if I was a Red Sox or pennant collector I would be drooling.

Ladder7 01-18-2013 05:09 PM

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_XFWmNyyPST...ton-herald.jpg

GrayGhost 01-18-2013 05:14 PM

Wow

lefty147 01-18-2013 06:10 PM

Stunning !!!

Scott Garner 01-18-2013 06:21 PM

Spectacular pickup!

Wow! Awesome pennant and nice framing and matting job.
It really displays well. Congrats! :)

WillowGrove 01-18-2013 07:04 PM

Wow.

I look forward to seeing Mark's reaction.

Has anyone seen this before. Great pick up Don.

perezfan 01-18-2013 08:01 PM

Incredible!!! What a beauty.... just stunning. I would bet it's a lone survivor (not that there were too many to begin with!)

This one has it all... scarcity, desirability, vibrant colors, stuning graphics, wonderful subject matter, iconic franchise, jumbo/oversized. The minor condition flaws give it character and distinction (and are far outweighed by the pennant's beauty and importance).

This would be a holy grail pennant for any Red Sox or vintage pennant collector... congrats on a magnificent acquisition!

Mark

Donscards 01-18-2013 08:22 PM

Thanks Mark-Scott-Joe-Clint-Steve-Lefty for all your kind remarks---I am thrilled to have this pennant---I just purchased it today and it has to be one of the most unique items I have.---Glad I could share it on the forum...Don

sox1903wschamp 01-18-2013 08:42 PM

Very stunning. Thanks for sharing Don.

Duluth Eskimo 01-18-2013 10:12 PM

Rarely can I say I am overly impressed with a pennant, but this one has it. Those colors are outstanding for this vintage. As Mark said, it has it all. I have not seen this specific version either and I have seen most vintage pennants sold in the last 20 years in public. I'm not sure what you consider "a lot" of money, but I bet you could make money on that deal. Congrats on the great pick up. Jason

mjkm90 01-19-2013 07:40 AM

Simply AMAZING. This is one of those "difficult to valuate" pieces. IMO you have a top 10 in the hobby pennant in your collection. It is beautiful.

What can you tell us about where you got it? Did you have it framed?

Donscards 01-19-2013 07:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mjkm90 (Post 1075704)
Simply AMAZING. This is one of those "difficult to valuate" pieces. IMO you have a top 10 in the hobby pennant in your collection. It is beautiful.

What can you tell us about where you got it? Did you have it framed?

Mike I just bought it yesterday from a friend (he sold it due to other purchases he can make) so I feel lucky there----he had it framed---and purchased it from someone in New Hampshire. From the comments I am getting , I do feel it certainly is in the top 10 of pennants---it could be a one of a kind. Nobody else has seen a pennant like this---I am so pleased on the nice comments I am receiving from this forum. thanks for your comments. Don

springpin 01-19-2013 08:33 AM

I am not a pennant collector, but I recognize superior quality, and that pennant personifies it. It does raise a question for me. I have the corresponding pin that references the "Soxs." Are there any Boston collectors or baseball historians that can comment on when that spelling first appeared and when it fell from favor? I also wonder if the pennant and pin were sold contiguously. Any thoughts?

71buc 01-19-2013 09:04 AM

Congratulations that is beyond impressive it is a true Red Sox Relic.

mjkm90 01-19-2013 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by springpin (Post 1075721)
I am not a pennant collector, but I recognize superior quality, and that pennant personifies it. It does raise a question for me. I have the corresponding pin that references the "Soxs." Are there any Boston collectors or baseball historians that can comment on when that spelling first appeared and when it fell from favor? I also wonder if the pennant and pin were sold contiguously. Any thoughts?

That question is likely impossible to answer Paul, but clearly both were designed to appeal to that rabid fan base. The "soxs" was likely the slang or pet name of the day among the fans in Boston.