Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Watercooler Talk- ALL sports talk (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Anthony Davis going to Los Angeles (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=270197)

samosa4u 06-16-2019 03:44 PM

Anthony Davis going to Los Angeles
 
According to reports, the Pelicans have agreed to a deal to trade Anthony Davis to the Lakers for Lonzo Ball, Brandon Ingram, Josh Hart, and three first-round picks including the No. 4 overall in 2019 Draft.

Are the Lakers crazy? They gave up way too much for this guy!

On top of that, Pelicans are getting Zion Williamson for the first overall pick. This is going to be an interesting team to watch over the next few years.

Peter_Spaeth 06-16-2019 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by samosa4u (Post 1889555)
According to reports, the Pelicans have agreed to a deal to trade Anthony Davis to the Lakers for Lonzo Ball and his father, Brandon Ingram, Josh Hart, and three first-round picks including the No. 4 overall in 2019 Draft.

Are the Lakers crazy? They gave up way too much for this guy!

On top of that, Pelicans are getting Zion Williamson for the first overall pick. This is going to be an interesting team to watch over the next few years.

Fixed it for you.

pokerplyr80 06-16-2019 05:58 PM

Rumor has it Kyrie wants to play with Davis. If he signs too they are probably instant title contenders, if not favorites. Might not be as crazy as you think.

Peter_Spaeth 06-16-2019 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pokerplyr80 (Post 1889583)
Rumor has it Kyrie wants to play with Davis. If he signs too they are probably instant title contenders, if not favorites. Might not be as crazy as you think.

I thought the relationship between Kyrie and LeBron was less than amicable, is this a likely scenario?

pokerplyr80 06-16-2019 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth (Post 1889596)
I thought the relationship between Kyrie and LeBron was less than amicable, is this a likely scenario?

That's the rumor out here any way. I'm not exactly an NBA insider but I think he wants to play in LA.

I've also heard that Kyrie and Lebron made up and he was considering LA before the Davis trade.

KCRfan1 06-16-2019 11:48 PM

If I am the Lakers, I don't think twice about this trade. The #1 picks the Lakers give will be the 30+ pick each year. It's not like they're giving a top 10 pick. The players traded are okay, but will never be as good as Anthony Davis.

packs 06-17-2019 08:08 AM

I love that the Knicks can't get Davis. I love that they can't get Durant either, and will wave goodbye to Zion on top of everything else.

barrysloate 06-17-2019 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by packs (Post 1889723)
I love that the Knicks can't get Davis. I love that they can't get Durant either, and will wave goodbye to Zion on top of everything else.

The Knicks have been completely dysfunctional for about the last thirty years, and the future doesn't look much brighter. They may not get any first-tier free agent this year. However, they can get a good player with the #3 pick. Of course, they may blow it. What a mess they are.

Davis is a good pick up for the Lakers. And getting rid of Lonzo Ball is probably good too.

packs 06-17-2019 02:27 PM

I just wish somehow the Knicks ended up with Ball. Would love to see his dad make an already excruciating Knicks game even harder to watch.

barrysloate 06-17-2019 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by packs (Post 1889840)
I just wish somehow the Knicks ended up with Ball. Would love to see his dad make an already excruciating Knicks game even harder to watch.

It was fun watching Nets games this year, the team had a lot of chemistry. Knicks games, not so much.:(

pokerplyr80 06-29-2019 04:13 PM

Looks like the rumors are still out there:

https://sports.yahoo.com/lakers-targ...044051294.html

I've also heard Kawhi is considering the Lakers among other teams. Should be an interesting off season.

barrysloate 07-01-2019 04:44 AM

Looks like Kevin Durant and Kyrie Irving are both coming to the Nets! Considering I live close enough to Barclay's to walk there, maybe I should consider taking in a game or two.

packs 07-01-2019 07:59 AM

Knicks can't even pay people to play for them.

barrysloate 07-01-2019 10:26 AM

The Knicks apparently signed Julius Randle. I don't really know anything about him- is he any good?

samosa4u 07-01-2019 11:27 AM

Durant and Kyrie going to the Nets was a very surprising move; nobody saw this one coming! News reports are saying that Steph Curry was flying in from China to convince Durant to stay when he received the news that he had already signed with the Nets. He was too late! LOL! Now the Warriors are about to sign D'Angelo Russell - do they even need another guard?

And Kawhi Leonard is starting to piss me off with all this drama. Is this guy seriously thinking of leaving a championship team? Is he really that dumb? On top of that, he gets treated like a God in this city and gets whatever he wants - what more could he ask for?

Peter_Spaeth 07-01-2019 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by samosa4u (Post 1894475)
Durant and Kyrie going to the Nets was a very surprising move; nobody saw this one coming! News reports are saying that Steph Curry was flying in from China to convince Durant to stay when he received the news that he had already signed with the Nets. He was too late! LOL! Now the Warriors are about to sign D'Angelo Russell - do they even need another guard?

And Kawhi Leonard is starting to piss me off with all this drama. Is this guy seriously thinking of leaving a championship team? Is he really that dumb? On top of that, he gets treated like a God in this city and gets whatever he wants - what more could he ask for?

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

pokerplyr80 07-01-2019 01:19 PM

I'm sure Kawhi would get paid in Toronto. Maybe he doesn't like living in Canada, or would just prefer NY or LA. I don't see any reason to be pissed off at the guy though. He brought Toronto a title and has the right to sign where he chooses to.

Peter_Spaeth 07-01-2019 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pokerplyr80 (Post 1894506)
I'm sure Kawhi would get paid in Toronto. Maybe he doesn't like living in Canada, or would just prefer NY or LA. I don't see any reason to be pissed off at the guy though. He brought Toronto a title and has the right to sign where he chooses to.

With the loss of Kryie and Horford he would be welcome in Boston.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:11 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.