Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   WaterCooler Talk- Off Topics (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   I need to hear some good news. (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=202323)

DHogan 02-02-2018 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joshuanip (Post 1744263)
Hi Dave,

My father is close to 70 and is legally blind in one eye. He had symptoms of macular degeneration which could spread into both eyes. Freaked me out because my dad is my best friend and my mom depends on him so. Went in and found out that he had a leak in his eyeball. While not reversible also not degenerable with surgery and won’t spread to his other eye. Doesn’t sound like it but great news.

Joshua, good to hear that. My mother depends on my father. Makes it hard on both of them as my father has no patients.

DHogan 02-02-2018 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by packs (Post 1744340)
I will have my second short story appear in print sometime in the spring. Received the good news today.

Great stuff. Congratulations.

DHogan 09-20-2019 11:23 PM

Packs, Did you get your story published ?

DHogan 03-26-2020 07:12 PM

It's been a long time since anyone has posted in this topic. I bet there's been some good things going on. :)

bnorth 03-26-2020 08:50 PM

Card related good news. I got my first T206 Red Cobb recently. I also helped bring a new awesome card storage kit to the hobby. Not available yet but I have been working with Rick Hyatt on his DIY card storage kits. He has/had an amazing product but was too big for my taste. Soon he will have DIY kits available that are close to the same size as SGC slabs. Sometimes complaining to the owner of a company about their product has a great outcome.:D

DHogan 03-26-2020 09:19 PM

Congrats on the Cobb and good luck with the hobby kit. :)

bnorth 03-27-2020 05:24 PM

Health wise I got my diabetic check up and my teeth cleaned about 3 weeks ago. So my 6 month recalls on both are not till late August. Both turned out good as my teeth are good and my A1C has been coming down with each visit.

I also had a complete heart check up. My cholesterol was great, EKG was great, and the scan that they run you into the big donut thing showed I have zero plaque built up in my arteries. Couldn't have been happier with my results.:D

DHogan 03-27-2020 06:38 PM

That's good to hear. :)

DHogan 08-09-2020 03:49 PM

I know with the pandemic still hitting bad around the country and around the world. Someone hopefully has some good news to share ? Anything would help. :)

commishbob 08-09-2020 04:12 PM

We feel fortunate that our three kids and their spouses have been able to keep their jobs (and their health) thru this. My daughter is a social worker in Chicago who works primary in assisted living environments and has done good things there.

One on my sons' father-in-law won his bout with COVID19 and went back to work recently.

The two ICU nurses in my family are well if worn to a frazzle.

Finally, I picked up the last high number I needed and finished my 1960 Leaf binder project.

I finished my 1960 Topps football set and nailed down all but one of my 61 Fleer football set.