Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   WaterCooler Talk- Off Topics (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   I need to hear some good news. (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=202323)

Econteachert205 03-16-2015 06:12 PM

As a teacher I can tell you that the kids I have seem to get nicer and nicer every year. Not necessarily smarter, but nicer. There's always hope in youth.

egri 03-16-2015 06:26 PM

The snow is melting, the new season of House of Cards is the best one yet, and after last season, the only way the Sox can go is up.

Leon 03-17-2015 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DHogan (Post 1391152)
Come on guys. I really need to hear more good news. :o

It's starting to dry out in N.Texas (yea), but the rains are coming back.....which means our low lake levels will be helped. So, it's a win-win!!...sort of

Runscott 03-17-2015 01:50 PM

My girlfriend didn't get the termite joke. I had to tell her that termites eat wood and bars are made of wood. It was funnier than the actual joke.

Good: Office Depot didn't have the bubble mailers I needed, so they gave me over 50% off on something that was close.

Good: I held a puppy the other day and decided I needed to get another dog.

Good: About to have a pot of my favorite tea and will also get to meet my girlfriend for lunch. Whoop!

Good: free refill at new coffee shop.

gregr2 03-17-2015 02:04 PM

I've been to two Spring Training games so far. Three more to go. Going to see the Cardinals and Mets on Friday. Then on Sunday going to the Pirates and Astros. Then the following Friday going to see the Marlins and Astros! Yay for spring baseball!

DHogan 03-17-2015 07:28 PM

Thanks guys. :)

digdugdig 03-18-2015 10:27 AM

From my sister's sent birthday card I learned that the origin of the Irish Jig goes way back to an ole Irish tavern that served free beer but had no restrooms!!

clydepepper 03-26-2015 06:23 PM

Things could always be worse:

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 184320

DHogan 04-03-2015 06:20 PM

Anyone have anything new, fun or exciting going on ? ;)

billyb 04-04-2015 04:12 AM

Dave,
I volunteer at a local Genealogy Society helping people research their families. I have been approached by the local Junior High School, that the History Club wished to research their families. So for the last month or so, I have been meeting with this History Club and teaching them how to research their families, mainly through the free sources that are available.
I have been pleasantly surprised that these kids are excited about doing their research. When they randomly yell out "I found my great grandfather", is very rewarding. Sparking their interest in their family history and what involvement their family may have had in shaping our towns, counties or countries histories, will certainly perk their interest when it comes time for them to study about our countries events.
We do our work in the school library, and at one of our sessions, several kids had to serve their detentions in the library. After the session was over, a couple of the kids serving their detentions, approached me about researching family histories. These kids are curious, they want to know about their family's past. This has turned out to be a very rewarding program. And it is something anyone can do with their children.