Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Autograph Forum- Primarily Sports (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Collections of ten items (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=176962)

Runscott 10-08-2013 03:01 PM

Collections of ten items

Stealing an idea from the card side. I had all these out today to scan, prior to sticking in the safe deposit box, so couldn't resist:

L-R - Jack Johnson, Tommy Burns, Ed Reulbach, old-timers from a 1930's reunion, W.S. Peters, Arthur Hardy (aka Ashes Jackson), Honus Wagner, Babe Ruth, Ty Cobb, Walter Johnson

Scott Garner 10-08-2013 04:41 PM

Wow, Scott! Very nice!!

GrayGhost 10-08-2013 08:56 PM

show off.:)

Runscott 10-08-2013 10:40 PM

Hey, I may not see these items together like this for a long time - just taking advantage of an opportunity.

markf31 10-09-2013 07:39 AM

I think I'll enjoy this topic more on this side, than the card side. Great thought to start this thread over here Scott! I've been seriously slacking in scanning/taking pictures of my autographs, this will motivate me to get caught up so I can make a post hopefully this evening.

CW 10-09-2013 09:42 AM

yep, very nice group!

David Atkatz 10-10-2013 01:30 AM

Christ, Scott! Get those letters out of those crummy, PVC-laden toploaders, and into some mylar, toot sweet!

JimStinson 10-10-2013 06:10 AM

JimStinson

Scott , instead of putting them in a safe deposit box why don't you just send them to me and I'll take good care of them for you....:D
Seriously PLEASE note previous post !!!! AVOID those plastic top loaders , They are OK short term ...but the best thing to house vintage autographs in for the long haul are acid free mylar holders , they can be purchased in a variety of sizes are quite attractive , less expensive and your BEST source for them is usually someone who sells stamp collecting supplies

Vintage autographs for Sale and updated Daily on my web site
stinsonsports.com

yanksfan09 10-10-2013 07:03 AM

Is a mylar sleeve inside a top loader okay as long as the item/paper is not touching the hard plastic?

JimStinson 10-10-2013 07:20 AM

JimStinson

Quote:

Originally Posted by yanksfan09 (Post 1193422)
Is a mylar sleeve inside a top loader okay as long as the item/paper is not touching the hard plastic?

Good Question, I'm thinking that would probably work as long as the plastic holder was large enough and the mylar housing small enough so as not to cause wrinkling. The only question would be.....would the chemicals used in the plastic have the potential to bleed through the mylar over time factoring in humidity etc. ? I don't know the answer to that one.

Vintage Autographs Updated Daily on my web site
stinsonsports.com

Runscott 10-10-2013 08:50 AM

Thanks - every autograph I have purchased has arrived in a top loader, except the ones from RR, so I made the faulty assumption that they were acid-free.

yanksfan09 10-10-2013 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JimStinson (Post 1193426)
Good Question, I'm thinking that would probably work as long as the plastic holder was large enough and the mylar housing small enough so as not to cause wrinkling. The only question would be.....would the chemicals used in the plastic have the potential to bleed through the mylar over time factoring in humidity etc. ? I don't know the answer to that one.

Vintage Autographs Updated Daily on my web site
stinsonsports.com

Yeah, I'm not totally sure either. I have a lot of stuff stored that way so I get the Mylar chemical protection and the rigid protection against creases with a top loader.

Anyone else ever hear if this may cause problems over time?