Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Autograph Forum- Primarily Sports (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Ted Lyons opinions (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=181043)

Real or fake? 01-02-2014 03:35 PM

Ted Lyons opinions

1 Attachment(s)
Authentic?

7nohitter 01-02-2014 05:39 PM

That looks alot like the 'struggles' in the Loyd Waner ball you recently posted...especially the ink not adhering well to the ball

jgmp123 01-02-2014 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 7nohitter (Post 1222915)
That looks alot like the 'struggles' in the Loyd Waner ball you recently posted...especially the ink not adhering well to the ball

+1!!

MooseDog 01-02-2014 09:57 PM

Yes, looks like the same forger as the Lloyd Waner…if true this has got to be the #1 loser of all-time. Both Waner and Lyons were two of the all-time easiest HOFers to obtain.

bender07 01-03-2014 03:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MooseDog (Post 1223035)
Yes, looks like the same forger as the Lloyd Waner…if true this has got to be the #1 loser of all-time. Both Waner and Lyons were two of the all-time easiest HOFers to obtain.

Not on a ball they're not.

Real or fake? 01-04-2014 11:49 PM

Thanks guys. Great insight from the guys who said it looks like the same forger as the Lloyd Waner i posted; they're both from the same ebay seller.
And yes I agree that both Waner and Lyons are difficult to come by on a baseball, especially a single.

RichardSimon 01-05-2014 10:17 AM

There seems to be a proliferation of new members lately who just come here to solicit opinions on autograph authenticity and do not add useful info to our topics of discussion.
The least they could do is link to the item so perhaps it can be removed.

joed25 01-05-2014 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RichardSimon (Post 1223884)
There seems to be a proliferation of new members lately who just come here to solicit opinions on autograph authenticity and do not add useful info to our topics of discussion.

I personally enjoy the autograph opinion questions. It's not like we have a ton of action on the autograph side.

Real or fake? 01-05-2014 09:03 PM

Richard, I've been collecting autographs all my life and have a very good handle on what the big three should look like as well as many past HOfers and current stars. I've offered my opinion on this forum and plan on doing so frequently when other members ask for help. Figuring out if an autograph is authentic is at least half the battle when it comes to buying and collecting them. Short of blowing you because you're proud of being here longer than most, I'm not sure what any member could do to "add" to this forum. Of course no one forces you to offer an opinion or even read the post in the first place. Based on the responses and input of many other members it's clear many people feel differently than you. - Andrew

bender07 01-06-2014 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Real or fake? (Post 1224172)
Richard, I've been collecting autographs all my life and have a very good handle on what the big three should look like as well as many past HOfers and current stars. I've offered my opinion on this forum and plan on doing so frequently when other members ask for help. Figuring out if an autograph is authentic is at least half the battle when it comes to buying and collecting them. Short of blowing you because you're proud of being here longer than most, I'm not sure what any member could do to "add" to this forum. Of course no one forces you to offer an opinion or even read the post in the first place. Based on the responses and input of many other members it's clear many people feel differently than you. - Andrew

Now THAT'S an offer.

Duluth Eskimo 01-06-2014 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RichardSimon (Post 1223884)

+1, but it hard to pass up that kind of offer. Probably not one of your usual customers though as he generally shops with Probstein123 because his prices aren't really that out of line. The upside is you don't have to worry about losing business.

shelly 01-06-2014 07:25 PM

Richard, it has become so bad that from now on I will only answer people that have been on here for more than two years.
Your nice enough to give your opinion and they tell you why your wrong or what they think.:mad: Why ask if you already have the answer.

jgmp123 01-06-2014 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shelly (Post 1224537)
Richard, it has become so bad that from now on I will only answer people that have been on here for more than two years.
Your nice enough to give your opinion and they tell you why your wrong or what they think.:mad: Why ask if you already have the answer.

+1!!