Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   WaterCooler Talk- Off Topics (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Top 10 Albums You'd NEVER Own (Overplayed) (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=184777)

thedutymon 03-13-2014 12:50 PM

Top 10 Albums You'd NEVER Own (Overplayed)

Morning,

The Top 10 favorite album list got me thinking about my music collection and some of the glaring omissions in albums that If I never heard them again as long as I live it would be too soon. I'm talking about those albums that came out and were so over overplayed or now on the classic music stations are still overplayed, that I never once owned in any format and NEVER EVER will!!!:eek:

1. U2-Joshua Tree
2. Hootie & the Blowfish-Cracked Rear View Mirror
3. AC/DC-Back In Black
4. Fleetwood Mac-Rumours
5. Alanis Moressette-Jagged Little Pill
6. Fleetwood Mac-Fleetwood Mac
7. Sheryl Crow-Just Want Have Fun Album
8. Anything by Bon Jovi!!!
9. Most Jefferson Starship Pop Crap!!!
10. Most Hair Bands, Quiet Riot, Poison, Tesla, Scorpions, Guns & Roses....ad nauseum!!!

YeeHah!

Neil :D

I Only Smoke 4 the Cards 03-14-2014 09:10 AM

I agree with most of the list but totally disagree on Hootie. That album is awesome.

TUM301 03-15-2014 07:26 AM

And I did like this album but will never own or play it thru again, Billy Joel "The Stranger".

familytoad 03-15-2014 06:36 PM

No thanks Boss

Springsteen - Born in the USA, Born to Run anything at all, really...:rolleyes:

slipk1068 03-21-2014 07:33 AM

Zeppelin IV

Jim65 03-21-2014 08:09 AM

Anything by U2, everything they have ever done is just bad.

slipk1068 03-21-2014 08:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim65 (Post 1256729)
Anything by U2, everything they have ever done is just bad.

+1

steve B 03-21-2014 08:49 AM

I wouldn't say never on the Ops list. And I have some of the ones under number 10.

There are a few I just wouldn't own for a variety of reasons.

Yoko Ono -Season of glass. Johns still bloody glasses on the album cover is just way too creepy. Plus the few things she's done that I've heard were simply awful. Worse than a bad garage band.

WASP - I **** like a beast. Ok, it's average metal, maybe a bit above average, but with a truly tasteless album cover. (Find one on Ebay or somewhere, but it's maybe NSFW)

Probably more, but those are the worst.

Steve B

novakjr 03-21-2014 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steve B (Post 1256742)
I wouldn't say never on the Ops list. And I have some of the ones under number 10.

There are a few I just wouldn't own for a variety of reasons.

Yoko Ono -Season of glass. Johns still bloody glasses on the album cover is just way too creepy. Plus the few things she's done that I've heard were simply awful. Worse than a bad garage band.

WASP - I **** like a beast. Ok, it's average metal, maybe a bit above average, but with a truly tasteless album cover. (Find one on Ebay or somewhere, but it's maybe NSFW)

Probably more, but those are the worst.

Steve B

about 12 years ago, I worked with a guy who loved WASP. He brought a cd player and was blasting Kill f*ck Die. The builder and homeowner came to the house and freaked out. From that point on, we were all banned from listening to cds on the jobsite.. Was a bunch of goofballs at that place. Had another guy lean out the window at a red light in the work truck, do that p*ssy eating thing with his fingers and tongue, while yelling "hey baby, you want some of this". Not only did they call the office, but it turned out to be our boss' stepdaughter.. lol

steve B 03-21-2014 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by novakjr (Post 1256811)
about 12 years ago, I worked with a guy who loved WASP. He brought a cd player and was blasting Kill f*ck Die. The builder and homeowner came to the house and freaked out. From that point on, we were all banned from listening to cds on the jobsite.. Was a bunch of goofballs at that place. Had another guy lean out the window at a red light in the work truck, do that p*ssy eating thing with his fingers and tongue, while yelling "hey baby, you want some of this". Not only did they call the office, but it turned out to be our boss' stepdaughter.. lol

That's hilarious! I'm betting the second one was a poor career choice.

We used to play S.O.D. pretty loud at the house when I was in college. suburbia, so not much trouble, but it's very non-PC stuff. (And that's the point, they tried to annoy as many people as possible)

Steve B