Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Starting to lose faith in PSA with this kind of stuff.... (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=334134)

GODAWGS31 04-13-2023 07:23 PM

Starting to lose faith in PSA with this kind of stuff....

1 Attachment(s)
Submitted a 22 card order for grading with PSA of these rare '55 and '56 Topps Hocus Focus cards and paid for the expedited value plus level ($40 per card with an estimated 20 business day turnaround time). Order took 43 business days to process and ship back (they got them on 2/8), I received the package today and find this gem in there, SMH you can't make this stuff up (or upside down in this case). How the heck with 8 steps of the grading process and multiple quality control measures supposedly in place can someone not notice that the freaking card is upside down in the grading holder? It's almost like it's a joke.

Really strongly thinking twice about using them anymore after experiences like this.

Attachment 566924

GODAWGS31 04-13-2023 07:30 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 566925

BobC 04-13-2023 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GODAWGS31 (Post 2331737)
Submitted a 22 card order for grading with PSA of these rare '55 and '56 Topps Hocus Focus cards and paid for the expedited value plus level ($40 per card with an estimated 20 business day turnaround time). Order took 43 business days to process and ship back (they got them on 2/8), I received the package today and find this gem in there, SMH you can't make this stuff up (or upside down in this case). How the heck with 8 steps of the grading process and multiple quality control measures supposedly in place can someone not notice that the freaking card is upside down in the grading holder? It's almost like it's a joke.

Really strongly thinking twice about using them anymore after experiences like this.

Attachment 566924

Will be curious to hear what their response is after you contact them to let them know of their mistake. And you're right, you can't make this make this stuff up. Hang in there.

Flintboy 04-13-2023 07:41 PM

You ever notice how they keep everything secret at PSA? They make the employees sign non disclosures what they disseminate out and how they grade is strictly guarded. Makes me think it’s a total shit show within that company. No way is there multiple graders looking at each card. If there was this wouldn’t have happened.

whiteymet 04-13-2023 07:41 PM

Psa

I'll see your Wally Moon and raise you a Jackie Robinson

Take a look at this "Canadian" RED tint Exhibit card of Jackie Robinson!

Neither a RED tint or a Canadian Exhibit which have the card number in a diamond.

This is a normal 47-66 Exhibit card

https://www.ebay.com/itm/38553692625...Bk9SR9TQs47uYQ

raulus 04-13-2023 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flintboy (Post 2331744)
You ever notice how they keep everything secret at PSA? They make the employees sign non disclosures what they disseminate out on how they grade is strictly guarded. Makes me think it’s a total shit show within that company. No way is there multiple graders looking at each card. If there was this wouldn’t have happened.

I suspect the “real graders” only look at it before it’s been slabbed. After that, I’m guessing that only the QC people take a look.

Of course, I could be all wet.

BobbyStrawberry 04-13-2023 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flintboy (Post 2331744)
No way is there multiple graders looking at each card. If there was this wouldn’t have happened.

+1

Jewish-collector 04-13-2023 08:15 PM

Every once in a while, you just gotta say, "WTF", right Matt ?

Lucas00 04-13-2023 08:17 PM

I would definitely be getting a free reslab and some free grade credits. Get something for your wasted time and their incompetence.

brianp-beme 04-13-2023 08:28 PM

As evidenced by this graded Hocus Focus card, I believe PSA is now requiring the cow to jump over a turned Moon.

Brian

Snowman 04-13-2023 09:00 PM

Zero chance they have multiple graders looking at each card. The variance across submission results is way too high, and has scaled in proportion to the size of their grading team.

I believe that they probably have multiple graders looking at 52 Mantles, 48 Leaf Paiges, and BN Ruths, but zero chance they're putting multiple graders on lower-end submissions.

NiceDocter 04-13-2023 10:24 PM

Kinda reminds me of.....

that time at McDonalds at the drive thru when I ordered a burger fries and a pie.... bag came with a big red sticker taping it shut that said "YOUR ORDER HAS BEEN DOUBLE CHECKED FOR ACCURACY" . Well needless to say, pulling off the sticker.... no pie in the bag. So while my teenaged daughter is saying DAD NO DONT .... Im saying what the heck double checked , this order obviously wasnt even SINGLE checked to the minimum wager at the window.... got my pie and left. Never saw them use that sticker since....LOL (and my kid avoids going to drive thrus with me not sure why..... heh heh )

Foo3112 04-14-2023 09:10 AM

Ahh. I see you have the famous Inverted Wally.

Bcwcardz 04-14-2023 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whiteymet (Post 2331745)
I'll see your Wally Moon and raise you a Jackie Robinson

Take a look at this "Canadian" RED tint Exhibit card of Jackie Robinson!

Neither a RED tint or a Canadian Exhibit which have the card number in a diamond.

This is a normal 47-66 Exhibit card

https://www.ebay.com/itm/38553692625...Bk9SR9TQs47uYQ

I’m convinced they put whatever the submitter has on the form. They don’t verify or do any research. If you think it is such card they will slab it as such. So so many non Topps Tiffany cards with Tiffany designation on the slab. It’s not just a one off. It’s pretty obvious on those and a pretty egregious error. I really don’t know what kind of system they got going over there. I wish someone would break their Area 51 like silence and let us know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BobbyStrawberry 04-14-2023 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bcwcardz (Post 2331872)
I really don’t know what kind of system they got going over there. I wish someone would break their Area 51 like silence and let us know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

+1

brianp-beme 04-14-2023 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bcwcardz (Post 2331872)
I’m convinced they put whatever the submitter has on the form. They don’t verify or do any research. If you think it is such card they will slab it as such.

I believe this might be a case of the submitter sending the card to PSA upside down in the Card Saver sleeve.

Brian

JollyElm 04-14-2023 02:06 PM

1 Attachment(s)
In an attempt to re-craft the narrative, PSA has released a picture of who they claim actually submitted the card...

Attachment 567121

Ronnie73 04-15-2023 12:49 PM

You could do what other do, and use it to your advantage and list it on eBay as a RARE PSA ERROR and price it at 10x+ the non error sells for. I've seen many other PSA ERROR listings in the past.

PSA makes mistakes more often than they should. My first time getting cards graded, was about a year after they started grading cards, and I had sent in 5 cards, which were the free vouchers for the membership purchase. Back then, Griffey Jr was in high demand. I had 4 different rookies, and the 5th card I sent in was a regular 1984 Topps Mattingly rookie. The Mattingly came back labeled as a Tiffany card. I haven't graded a card since. So, it's been 30 or 31 years since I've had a card graded.

Section103 04-15-2023 05:19 PM

Sorry its upside down, but thats a GREAT card. Congrats on having it.