Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   How do you feel about these Ebay dealers? (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=244886)

Chuck9788 09-12-2017 10:15 PM

How do you feel about these Ebay dealers?

I have purchased raw cards from some highly rated Ebay dealers.

Curious. Have any members done any positive (or) negative business with :

Deans Cards

Olive Cards

markirodenko

The Toy Collector

Batters Box

glynparson 09-13-2017 04:18 AM

I think Ive dealt with most of them

I believe i have dealt with most of them (Deans, Markirodenko, and Batters Box I'm sure the other two sound familiar as well), yes i have even bought a card or two from Dean, he doesn't price them all 20x retail. If you are ok with the prices from any of these sellers I do believe you will get the product you ordered and if there were a problem i believe you'd get a refund. Now as for pricing that's not for me to decide that's up to you. If you are comfortable with the price I believe you will get what is stated.

clydepepper 09-13-2017 05:00 AM

I never deal with Dean - prices way, way too high.

Batters Box is one of my favorites to deal with...Quality!

I have no experience with the others.

-

PiratesWS1979 09-13-2017 05:45 AM

I've only bought from Dean's Cards and Batters Box.

I made Dean a fair offer and he excepted...great quality.

Batters Box I returned

autograf 09-13-2017 06:10 AM

Battersbox, Dean and Mark Irondenko. All good experiences. Battersbox is great for completing sets and Irondenko has some nice vintage from time to time. Also bought a couple nice wrappers from him. Dean is what Dean is. If you find something good, the turnaround time is fine and he is an okay grader, so you'll get what's advertised. If you can just get past the price or get a good price.

KMayUSA6060 09-13-2017 06:58 AM

I will echo what other's have said about Dean's Cards. Very, very high prices most of the time. My uncle bought me a card from them for Christmas, priced 4-5x what the market value was. I asked my uncle if it would be ok if I returned it. I ended up buying another example of that card in similar condition, and 2-3 other cards for what my uncle paid for the original. Great customer service and never had an issue returning it.

I've dealt with Batters Box quite a bit. 100% recommended. One of the most professional experiences every time I purchase from them.

Republicaninmass 09-13-2017 08:30 AM

At least the last few times I bought from Dean, he ran to VCP to see what he had then claimed "out of stock" and relisted with an even HIGHER price!

Nunzio11 09-13-2017 08:31 AM

I've bought a couple 60s lots from mark irodenko with no issues at all. Straight forward transactions, card conditions were exactly as described.

Welcome to the board as well Chuck!

CurtisFlood 09-13-2017 08:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Republicaninmass (Post 1700578)
At least the last few times I bought from Dean, he ran to VCP to see what he had then claimed "out of stock" and relisted with an even HIGHER price!

Wow. Strange business practice.

bn2cardz 09-13-2017 08:51 AM

I once ran an auction for a rare card on ebay. There was only one other card listed on ebay as a BIN graded the same, but I believed it was in slightly better condition than mine so I based my expectations on that.

In the end mine sold for more than $100 more than the BIN card. That BIN card was from Dean's. Mine sold over a year ago, and Dean's is still listed for sale with the same BIN. It would have been a good deal for the underbidder to buy.

I think there are other little deals like this that CAN be had by Dean's Cards, the problem is that there are so many high priced common cards that people just assume ALL the cards are overpriced.

Jayworld 09-13-2017 09:02 AM

I can't recommend Batters Box enough! The card pictured in each auction is exactly what you will get; they are responsive to eBay inquiries (i.e. sending a scan of back of card, more explanation, etc.), and the shipping is fast. They used to offer free shipping, but now offer free shipping for orders over $6 (I think). I've ordered from them several times and have never been disappointed.

Of course, Texas residents pay sales tax, but that is a small price to pay for quality service from a quality dealer.

vintagebaseballcardguy 09-13-2017 09:34 AM

Of the dealers listed, I have only used Battersbox. A+++ they are great!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Republicaninmass 09-13-2017 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CurtisFlood (Post 1700580)
Wow. Strange business practice.

Most recently he relisted and quoted the last VCP sale!

he's not an idiot

Overpriced, and he KNOWS it!

Aquarian Sports Cards 09-13-2017 11:19 AM

nothing but good experiences with markirodenko

JollyElm 09-13-2017 05:51 PM

Well, Deans Cards just announced that for Hurricane Irma and Harvey survivors, they are only going to raise their prices on cards by 3,000%, instead of their usual 10,000%. :cool:

cammb 09-14-2017 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jollyelm (Post 1700718)
well, deans cards just announced that for hurricane irma and harvey survivors, they are only going to raise their prices on cards by 3,000%, instead of their usual 10,000%. :cool:

lol

wdwfan 09-14-2017 04:34 PM

I don't buy from Dean's ... too expensive. I've bought from Batter's Box before and have nothing bad to say about them. 100% professionals, quality for sure.

Also, I've bought a few lots here and there from KrukCards just to get started into vintage. Seems they're fast shippers and have good communication.

swarmee 09-14-2017 04:51 PM

One positive about Deans is that I've bought five vintage autographed cards from him and all passed PSA authentication. For auto set collectors, I would be comfortable purchasing a bunch more and the prices of their auto cards on COMC was pretty reasonable imo.

Fballguy 09-14-2017 08:49 PM

Bought many raw cards from batters box while trying to complete several 1960's sets. Great prices. Accurate grading. Never an issue. Pretty much my go to seller. Always happy when they have what I need. Or needed...as I don't do much with cards any more.

enuffsenuff 09-15-2017 12:50 AM

Mailing to UK

The biggest problem I have by far is finding dealers not just to post to UK but to provide a sensible postage cost. Battersbox is way above all others I have dealt with. Sensible postage and cards are 95% of what they purport them to be. I guess we all disagree occasionally on grade.