Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   WaterCooler Talk- Off Topics (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   First negative feedback in over 10 years. Advice? (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=232376)

D. Bergin 12-13-2016 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vintagetoppsguy (Post 1610150)
I disagree. You can't make personal attacks in the feedback you leave. That's exactly what this buyer did. I think he has a very strong chance if getting it removed.

I also disagree with just letting it go. To me, my feedback is a lot like my credit rating - it shows my trustworthiness. If I had inaccurate informationo on my credit report, I certainly wouldn't just let it go.

Just beat me to it. :D

Michael B 12-13-2016 03:10 PM

Perhaps this tool did not know what MC meant. I do not collect cards so I would not know. I only see MC and not 'miscut' Never underestimate the ignorance or stupidity of the pedestrian card collector (not Net54 members who appear extremely knowledgeable). I will add that looking at the image you posted it is clearly graded and in a tomb. It would be very difficult to misrepresent that when you are showing the full image.

bobbyw8469 12-13-2016 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Michael B (Post 1610226)
Perhaps this tool did not know what MC meant. I do not collect cards so I would not know. I only see MC and not 'miscut' Never underestimate the ignorance or stupidity of the pedestrian card collector (not Net54 members who appear extremely knowledgeable). I will add that looking at the image you posted it is clearly graded and in a tomb. It would be very difficult to misrepresent that when you are showing the full image.

Down in the item specifics, it also says: Qualifier: (MC) Miscut.

There was no hiding the qualifier in that auction. He is bidding $600+ on a card, he knew what he was bidding on. A straight '4' would have cost him over $1,500.

1952boyntoncollector 12-13-2016 05:06 PM

Maybe bryce harper was upset with this listing and being questioned

Michael B 12-13-2016 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobbyw8469 (Post 1610233)
Down in the item specifics, it also says: Qualifier: (MC) Miscut.

There was no hiding the qualifier in that auction. He is bidding $600+ on a card, he knew what he was bidding on. A straight '4' would have cost him over $1,500.

I did see the MC, but not the word itself. As I said I do not collect cards and would not know that. Unfortunately you ran into a card collector who does not know what that means or ignored it.

Don't feel bad about the negative. It is the price of doing business. I once got a negative for selling a signed 'official league' ball. The person gave me a negative because it was not an OAL (Official American League) or ONL (Official National League) even though I spelled out the words.

savedfrommyspokes 12-15-2016 08:59 AM

Ebay has been much more generous with removing negative feedbacks I have received. ALL of them were for things such as this, a MC card CLEARLY pictured and identified in the listing.

My approach is simple. Send a professional message (non-accusatory) to the buyer asking what can be done to resolve their concern. If the buyer does not respond (which they do not always), I then contact ebay and speak to a live person. Explain that buyer's reasoning for leaving the negative feedback is clearly described and pictured in the listing. Point out I made contact with the buyer and offered to make it right (accept return) and got no response. The fact that I delivered what was described/pictured and the fact I attempted to contact the buyer to make right has resulted on the removal of all feedbacks in these cases.

If the buyer does respond, I again encourage the option to return in the message and verify they received the item pictured/described was received. No matter what their response is, I wait a week, contact ebay and the let them know the item was delivered as described and I made an attempt to rectify the problem. Again all cases had feedback removed.

I even had a non-delivery of an item (no tracking on a cheap card) that resulted in a negative. I politely reached out to the buyer and got no response. A week after my message to the buyer received no response, I contacted ebay and they removed the negative.