Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Watercooler Talk- ALL sports talk (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Super Bowl Squares - help send kids to a Cooperstown tournament and maybe win some $! (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=344966)

scooter729 01-12-2024 09:34 AM

Super Bowl Squares - help send kids to a Cooperstown tournament and maybe win some $!

2 Attachment(s)
Hi all - I will be coaching my son's 11-12 year-old all-star team in a tournament in Cooperstown this August. Some of you may be familiar with the tournaments at Cooperstown Dreams Park, where over 100 teams from across the country compete. Mike Trout and Bryce Harper are among the MLB alums who have played in this. To put it lightly, my son and his friends are thrilled!

However, it comes with a cost - travel and everything is expensive for this. We're trying to fundraise to help offset a bit of the costs, and have the kids planning car washes in the spring and other events.

I am also coordinating Super Bowl squares as a 50/50 fundraiser. Half the money raised will be paid out to the 4 winning squares, and half will help offset team costs. Squares are $20 each. You can support a great cause (kids who actually still play baseball these days!), and take a shot at winning a good chunk of cash for yourself! Heck, if anyone here wins, I'm happy to offer your payout in the form of a tobacco card worth equal value that we could agree upon, if you would like!

The link to the site is:
here. It shouldn't ask you for a password, but if it's does, it's:
cooperstown24!

Just scroll down to the grid. Any person can click and fill out their name in any square(s). Once they fill the squares, they should send me $20 per square. Everyone will need to pay before we can draw the numbers for the sides.

Payouts will be:
1st: $200
2nd: $250
3rd: $200
Final: $350

Pay me at:
Venmo: @scott-sarian (last 4 of phone is 2544)
PayPal: scottsarian@gmail.com
Let me know if anyone wants to use a different method.

And just so you can see who you're supporting, the first pic below is from a tournament this group won back in August. I'm the coach in the middle, oddly celebrating with a plaque in hand. And also, a pic of my son from a recent clinic where he got to work a lot with Alan Trammell at how to play shortstop. Incredible thrill for both of us!

Please let me know any other questions - thanks for consideration!
Scott

Casey2296 01-12-2024 02:11 PM

Sounds fun, count me in!

I put together a team to play in that tournament when my son was 13-14, we flew in to Boston to catch a game and drove a motor-home to Cooperstown taking back roads all the way. Such a great time and awesome memories.

Good Luck!

scooter729 01-12-2024 02:40 PM

Thanks Phil (and to the couple of others who have bought squares already as well) - got your payment!

I've heard nothing but great stuff from anyone who has participated in this Cooperstown tournament, and I love the way you did it. I look forward to creating those same awesome memories as you did!

Good luck with your squares, and thanks again!

philliesfan 01-12-2024 02:44 PM

I got one sqaure.......so far. Probably will get another or two and will pay tonight.
Thanks,
Bob

Casey2296 01-12-2024 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scooter729 (Post 2404186)
Thanks Phil (and to the couple of others who have bought squares already as well) - got your payment!

I've heard nothing but great stuff from anyone who has participated in this Cooperstown tournament, and I love the way you did it. I look forward to creating those same awesome memories as you did!

Good luck with your squares, and thanks again!

I highly recommend getting a motor home as a home base for the parents, one with air conditioning and cold beer. Its a long day/weekend and there is no respite from the heat, nice to have an oasis between games.

scooter729 01-12-2024 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by philliesfan (Post 2404187)
I got one sqaure.......so far. Probably will get another or two and will pay tonight.
Thanks,
Bob

Thanks Bob - really appreciate it!
Scott

scooter729 01-12-2024 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Casey2296 (Post 2404225)
I highly recommend getting a motor home as a home base for the parents, one with air conditioning and cold beer. Its a long day/weekend and there is no respite from the heat, nice to have an oasis between games.

Good suggestion - certainly will throw that idea out to parents and see what the group thinks - thanks!!

bnorth 01-20-2024 12:16 PM

A bump for a great cause. Help give these kids a great lifelong memory.:)

scooter729 01-21-2024 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bnorth (Post 2406392)
A bump for a great cause. Help give these kids a great lifelong memory.:)

Thanks Ben - much appreciated! 25 squares sold and 75 remain - I have been only doing this myself so far and the other team parents are about to start jumping in to help with the sales this week. But would appreciate any other interest and support from others on here!!

scooter729 02-04-2024 11:37 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Giving this a bump - a week until the Super Bowl, and we have 75 squares sold but 25 left. Who wants to help out some kids live out their baseball dreams, and take a shot at winning a few bucks next Sunday??

For those who don't want to have to go through the website, here's a grid of the 25 squares remaining. Just let me know the number(s) of the squares you would like.

Thanks!
Scott

bobbvc 02-04-2024 05:47 PM

I grabbed spot 20, paypal coming.