Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   WaterCooler Talk- Off Topics (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   New PSA holder with significant improvements now live (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=241094)

sushihotwings 06-15-2017 08:22 AM

New PSA holder with significant improvements now live

https://www.psacard.com/security

Really great to see a new and improved holder. Fairly impressive in my opinion and can't wait to get one in hand to get a closer look. What are your thoughts on the new technology?

D@vid L@m0nt

CardMD 06-15-2017 08:26 AM

I am sure with an all new higher price!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Peter_Spaeth 06-15-2017 10:22 AM

Why did this get moved from the front page, certainly seems a reasonable topic for general discussion that would be of interest to many.

Leon 06-15-2017 11:16 AM

Because when I look down the page and feel there are too many off topics I move them. There is plenty of interesting topics to everyone everywhere. The front page should be for pre-war baseball cards mainly. It's loosely enforced but is. I move threads almost every day.
As far as any other question....probably going to be the same answer. I don't recall ever moving a pre-war card thread away from the front page though. And moving a thread is never a personal slap at the OP. It is only me trying to keep the front page more focused. (I know, I am failing)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth (Post 1671244)
Why did this get moved from the front page, certainly seems a reasonable topic for general discussion that would be of interest to many.

bnorth 06-15-2017 11:20 AM

There have been several changes in a fairly short period of time. First the new slab with the halo on front of the flip, then new slab with serial # on the back of the flip, and now even more cool shiny stuff on the flip plus a QR code label on the back.

I like the new slabs. Do you think all the recent other changes with "GREAT IMPROVEMENTS" was designed to get people to resubmit their cards several times to have the latest and greatest flip?

Peter_Spaeth 06-15-2017 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leon (Post 1671263)
Because when I look down the page and feel there are too many off topics I move them. There is plenty of interesting topics to everyone everywhere. The front page should be for pre-war baseball cards mainly. It's loosely enforced but is. I move threads almost every day.
As far as any other question....probably going to be the same answer. I don't recall ever moving a pre-war card thread away from the front page though. And moving a thread is never a personal slap at the OP. It is only me trying to keep the front page more focused. (I know, I am failing)

I know a thread you could move. :eek:

Leon 06-15-2017 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth (Post 1671269)
I know a thread you could move. :eek:

LOL.....the PWCC shilling/retractions one or the Rogers goes to Prison one, right? :cool:

botn 06-15-2017 01:34 PM

I applaud the effort by PSA to discourage/combat the fraud that takes place outside of their office going forward however at $7 and $35 to reholder I cannot help but think this was not motivated for the purpose of revenue generation.

If they truly cared about the end user then included in the announcement they could have also offered a special for reholdering.

Peter_Spaeth 06-15-2017 02:34 PM

:eek:Not to quibble, but don't see how a thread on an upcoming boxing match stays and a thread on PSA holders goes.

Leon 06-15-2017 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth (Post 1671363)
:eek:Not to quibble, but don't see how a thread on an upcoming boxing match stays and a thread on PSA holders goes.

We already had a psa thread at top :) .... I sighed and almost moved the boxing one but it's sports and hasn't been spoken about recently. There is no rhyme or reason. You post enough that if you want to do an off topic you are welcome to.....They have always been allowed I just try to keep the front page more on than off topic, that's all....

sushihotwings 06-15-2017 08:31 PM

I applaud the effort by PSA although I am sure the motivation is multidimensional. It should help stem the flow of counterfeit holders which is very beneficial for everyone in the hobby. Of course, PSA will likely see a nice boost in revenue as people scramble to get important cards in the new holder. Also, I am concerned it could present an excuse for PSA to raise prices further. Prices are already getting close to a tipping point where lower dollar cards just won't get sent in like they used to so I am not sure how far they will or can push it.

D@vid L@m0nt