Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   WaterCooler Talk- Off Topics (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Funny story (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=195463)

bnorth 10-14-2014 03:54 PM

Funny story

I was just in my kitchen making a cup of coffee when I looked out the window and watched the new neighbor kid ride by on his bicycle. He was riding and playing on his phone at the same time. So as he was playing on his phone and not paying attention he rode straight into a Jeep Liberty parked in front of his house. Kid was ok with a skinned up elbow, me my fat ass laughed so had I about had to sit down.

Really funny part is it was the social workers car that was at their house.

timzcardz 10-16-2014 10:46 AM

Will it be just as funny in a few years when the kid is a driver?

Leon 10-17-2014 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bnorth (Post 1333802)
I was just in my kitchen making a cup of coffee when I looked out the window and watched the new neighbor kid ride by on his bicycle. He was riding and playing on his phone at the same time. So as he was playing on his phone and not paying attention he rode straight into a Jeep Liberty parked in front of his house. Kid was ok with a skinned up elbow, me my fat ass laughed so had I about had to sit down.

Really funny part is it was the social workers car that was at their house.

I think this kind of disaster happens thousands of times a day. I remember when there were no seat belts in cars :). How safe was that? :) Now we can't get kids (and grown ups too) to quit texting while driving. I firmly believe texting and driving should be outlawed.

jiw98 10-18-2014 08:12 PM

I agree with Leon, but it was still a funny story. I could picture the kid not paying attention and running into the parked car. I got a good laugh out of it. Of course I'm glad he was OK. Maybe it will be a lesson learned for when he becomes a driver.

Paul S 10-19-2014 10:39 AM

I once (only one time, I swear) turned my head toward a girl who was walking past me in the other direction and slammed straight into a parking meter. Talk about a jolt to the crotch! That was when I lived in Manhattan and so didn't need a car. Now, out on Long Island, I use my mirrors.

clydepepper 10-24-2014 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul S (Post 1335250)
I once (only one time, I swear) turned my head toward a girl who was walking past me in the other direction and slammed straight into a parking meter. Talk about a jolt to the crotch! That was when I lived in Manhattan and so didn't need a car. Now, out on Long Island, I use my mirrors.

I can top that: Twice my eyes and head followed pretty girls walking past, only to rear-end the car in front of me the first time and get t-boned the second time. But, in my defense, I have not done it THREE times.:rolleyes:

EvilKing00 10-24-2014 09:13 PM

Though i have not crashed, i have had many days like that! Almost every day! Hot girls should be banned from walking near any roads, super dangerous!