Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Postwar Baseball Cards Forum (Pre-1980) (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Lost card in mail (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=230926)

Manny Trillo 11-07-2016 04:54 PM

Lost card in mail

The card I bought got lost in the mail what do you all do to protect yourself? Do you request the seller to get insurance?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G530AZ using Tapatalk

swarmee 11-07-2016 05:20 PM

Depends. How did you buy the card? Through eBay? If so, can you request a refund? On eBay it's on the seller to make sure the card gets delivered to you. However, you should also be charged for insurance on cards that merit it (at least $50 or so).
What is the value of the card? Was there a tracking number? Have you gone into your post office? Need a lot more information to determine what you should do.

Manny Trillo 11-07-2016 06:41 PM

Bought on eBay. $100 card. Tracking number says it arrived in my city of Atlanta October 25th, listed as "in transit" now for 2 weeks.

swarmee 11-07-2016 06:48 PM

Go to the post office and request a tracer. Who is the seller?

bnorth 11-07-2016 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Manny Trillo (Post 1600446)
Bought on eBay. $100 card. Tracking number says it arrived in my city of Atlanta October 25th, listed as "in transit" now for 2 weeks.

It is just part of doing business with the USPS. I have had it happen several times. Have always got my stuff but it has taken up to 6 weeks before.

You can also sign up for email/text alerts online. Good luck, hope your card shows up soon.

Manny Trillo 11-07-2016 07:24 PM

Thank you. Seller says theyre.looking into it.

mrmopar 11-07-2016 09:30 PM

Thankfully I have not had many cards actually lost/stolen since I started buying/trading online about 20 years ago. One ebay buy recently took almost a month after showing up in Los Angeles from Asia and it sat there without an update to the tracking for at least 2 weeks. It finally arrived one day out of the blue.

Hopefully yours is just taking the scenic route.

ALR-bishop 11-10-2016 10:07 AM

Mail

I have been retired sine 2007 and been fortunate since then to be able to travel all over the world on a regular basis. I have come to understand how fortunate we are to have a dependable postal service at a reasonable cost. That does not make mistakes that affect someone any less annoying, but I have come to appreciate the cost and dependability of our postal system.

Was recently involved in a wedding in Paraguay. It involved many people from Paraguay, Eastern Europe and the U.S. To be sure the invitations from Paraguay made it to those in the U.S. and Europe, the hosts sent the invitations on a plane with a courier to NY to have the invitations mailed from there. And if you ever have to send something to residential India........

Snapolit1 11-10-2016 04:37 PM

The MY USPS phone app is really good. Get updates every step of the way. Know when top be home when somethings coming the requires a signature.

KingFisk 11-11-2016 04:37 PM

Usually I find that once I call the USPS 800 number and get a case opened for a lingering package, things shake loose quickly and I get it a day or two later.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Robs70sCards 11-11-2016 08:19 PM

I had this happen with a seller recently. I had the tracking number, it came from the east to my area, then to San Francisco, back to my city, back SF, back to my city, back to SF, back to the hub city out east and back to the seller. I've bought from this seller and was watching it all happen over the internet. After 3 weeks I got the card and the seller and I had a good laugh out if it. What can you do? It's the USPS.

Edit: And the address was correct too. Go figure...